Thread: I can't change the difficulty?

Default I can't change the difficulty?

Hello,

I would appreciate some help on this subject. I played this game a while ago and really enjoyed it and when I last played it I could change the difficulty so the enemy stats would change. So for example on hard are they would change to plus +4 and on very hard +7. Since reinstalling the game however I have not been able to make it any harder?! For example if i have an enemy unit on medium their stats are the same on very hard? Very frustrating because I want a challenge and it seems I can only play on medium? Something can't be right here, I played campaign for 20 years and was not attacked once on very hard?!

Cheers for any help!

EB Support Guy Senior Member XSamatan's Avatar

Default Re: I can't change the difficulty?

Did you remember to activate the script?

IIRC the changed stats ware not visible on the unit descriptions. Just make a test on VH battle difficulty, if a unit of Akonthistai is able to butcher an elite phalanx from the front it is changed...
    Regarding CAI: That long period of peace is not common, however some factions are busy elsewhere and thus the automatic given aggression towards the human player comes later.

XSamatan

1.2 fixes - Updated regularly. Latest news from 2009-02-01.
    EB FAQ --- Tech help important thread list --- Frequent issues and solutions

Thanks for your Reply, but Im still having the same issue. First I tried a custom battle on VH and used swordsmen vs levy spearmen and they won easy. I then tried a Romani campaign on VH/VH, I turned the script on and I was able to take Taras in 4 turns. When attacked the city I had a battle with 600 vs 600 and I was able to win again easy, In the battle I only lost 100 men. Any Ideas?

EB Support Guy Senior Member XSamatan's Avatar

Are you using Vista/Win7?
    Start EB with admin rights, don't install EB in Program Files; this may help

Otherwise I would advise a new installation, this seems to help in many cases.

XSamatan

1.2 fixes - Updated regularly. Latest news from 2009-02-01.
    EB FAQ --- Tech help important thread list --- Frequent issues and solutions