Thread: MP Naval battles noob

Cool MP Naval battles noob

Hi, Sorry if this has been ask before.

Any advice on naval battles etc? i kinda suk at them big style:(
    Units to use setup and tips...? I read somewhere that if u use fire,fire arrows against the wind if has more chance of setting
    the enemy ship on fire?
    Any guides or links to some would b most grateful

Thanks in advance...

Default Re: MP Naval battles noob

I can tell you, that the best navy setup always include

Cannon bunes (u can have a maximum of 2)
    Siege Tower Bunes (as many as the battle allows - well.... u might leave a slot for the Nihon Maru)
    The Nihon Maru (big ship. You can use it to boost your navys morale and take enemy fire. You wanna make sure that your Siege tower bunes dont get straight into enemy cannons)

Use your Cannon bunes to protect your navy. Make sure they get the first shots (their positioning is crucial..... a fine art)
    Your Siege Tower Bunes u wanna use when the enemy get close (ore you get close to the enemy). Dont charge them headlong into enemy cannons. They will rout this way. If you get the chance, use them againgst enemy melee-heavy ships, but dont allow them to get boarded.
    Place the Nihon Maru behind your Siege tower line, and use the moral-boost ability when needed. If the enemy targets your Siege tower bunes with cannons. Try to draw their fire with the Nihon Maru and press the repair button..... then use your siege tower bunes to destroy the enemy cannon bunes then.

Theese tactics work for me. If any others wanna comment please do it

About those fire arrows...... I dont know.... but there is evidence out there that its true, and that the wind does have an effect :)

Hope it hepls (u might wanna get the provinces that allows theese units....... i take it you are new in avatar?