Just recently, I order a pizza to my office, and decided to eat there as dinner since I has some extra works to do. It was actually a common thing since delivery services are really nice (and free of charge for extra large seafood and cheese with sausage crust pizza that I ordered - im actually eat half, and intend to keep that other half for breakfast today).

The problem is, the person that meet with the pizza delivery guy was a senior lecturer, and while i still ate the pizza, he start lecturing me on why we should eat healthy food, and avoid "junk foods", such as pizzas. Of course, I tried to say that it was only "fast food" instead of junkg but he said that pizza breads are pre packaged and frozen, and the toppings are preserved with nitrite salts. I tried to argues that the bad effects of nitrite consumptions is negligable at pizza level, and they are water soluable (drinking will flush them quick outside the body system). But apparently, he insist that nitrite will be deposited in the protein parts of the body. (mind you, Im working at chemistry departments at university here)

ok, put aside molecular debate of preservatives, and his opinion that the best food is simple steamed rice with properly cooked stuffs accompanying. I really feel he's quite insisting that all commercial fast food chains are selling junk foods. Even when the real differences are pre-freezing things and some miniscule ammounts of preservatifes. Giving the small differences of price compared with more traditional food stalls / eat stalls at the same ammounts, and they have 24 hours delivery services. Why bother with going outside at midnight and lookin for any open stalls, when you can just reach the cellphone and speak?

And uh, who else also has habits of ordering fast food delivery when working extra at night in the office?