Thread: sitrep on the mp side of the game?

Default sitrep on the mp side of the game?

i haven't logged in the game in well over a month, and even before then, i only played a handful of mm avatar type games. my gen might be level 3, i'm not certain.

so i was curious, how is the state of the mp game, and the clan scenes? are things going strong, or did the game sorta die out rather soonish?

cheers,

tim

The Puppet King Senior Member AggonyKing's Avatar

Default Re: sitrep on the mp side of the game?

tournament wise everything is going strong

non-tournament wise, still full of bugs and exploiters and dcers :P aka...needs a patch :/

"Cuiusvis hominis est errare; nullius nisi insipientis in errore perseverare."
    Any man can make a mistake; only a fool keeps making the same one.

Senior Member Senior Member Tomisama's Avatar

Haven't had time to look, are all tournaments Classic?
    HONOUR IS VICTORY - GO WITH HONOUR - KEEP THE CODE

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198003816474

The Puppet King Senior Member AggonyKing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tomisama View Post
    Haven't had time to look, are all tournaments Classic?
    its a mix between classic and non classic. Although I think the minority is actually classic. I seen more avatar tourneys than classic so far.

"Cuiusvis hominis est errare; nullius nisi insipientis in errore perseverare."
    Any man can make a mistake; only a fool keeps making the same one.

Surely been more Avatar games than classic. I agree with King...tournaments are plenty right now. :)
    Hunter King George Visit the Realm of the Hunters:
    Proud participant of the Code of Honor. Have you signed the code?

Senior Member Senior Member Elrich of Gaul's Avatar

Hail T1... long time....

As for the games... it's all fun and games... don't take it too seriously.... have fun with the new game... some peeps are literally having a cardiac with some of the issues... just have fun.

As for the clan scene.... *sigh*.... I miss the main foyers..... now you have no online interraction with peeps playing unless your a friend or what not....
    "Wake from death and return to life..."

Yup foyer suks balls :(
    Foyer is very quite they need to merge all :P

Dedicated servers and a main foyer where u can c and chat to all! REALLY needed! Amounst a list of patches and bugs they need to iron out!;)

..fears no adversary Senior Member Jochi Khan's Avatar

We have been complaining about this foyer system for ages.

A massive step backwards as far as the game is concerned.
    R.I.P Great Warrior Ja mata TosaInu

sat at the..Nomad Alliance..campfire

Do your best and do it according to your own inner standard
    --call it conscience--
    not just according to society's knowledge and judgement of your deeds.

Quote Originally Posted by Jochi Khan View Post
    We have been complaining about this foyer system for ages.

A massive step backwards as far as the game is concerned.
    INDEED u r correct!

Senior Member Senior Member Elrich of Gaul's Avatar

Fast and Jochi... couldn't agree with you more.

in STW original, it was a game that literally.... should have died many months before it eventually did. The reason it didn't..... dedicated clan that kept the main foyer alive night after night. Clans who recognized each other, respected each other, and although competitive, could come together as a whole and save the STW game for as long as they could.. simply because they kept meeting up in the lobby.

Every Clan leader pretty much knew who the other clan leaders were... now.... no one knows anyone anymore and if you're not a friend on Steam then too bad so sad.... can't say "hello" anymore in the lobby to everyone unless it's a friend chat... then again, will they find it aggravating getting a pop up during game... dunno.. but you both hit the nail on the head.... without a foyer for games such as this..... the game will die much quicker than previously....

*bows*
    "Wake from death and return to life..."

Banned ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Most of the people that know me won't even speak to me (Magyar,etc...) and even some people I know pretty good ignores me but they denied it later.

FPS's are the way to go!!

Quote Originally Posted by Elrich of Gaul View Post
    Fast and Jochi... couldn't agree with you more.

in STW original, it was a game that literally.... should have died many months before it eventually did. The reason it didn't..... dedicated clan that kept the main foyer alive night after night. Clans who recognized each other, respected each other, and although competitive, could come together as a whole and save the STW game for as long as they could.. simply because they kept meeting up in the lobby.

Every Clan leader pretty much knew who the other clan leaders were... now.... no one knows anyone anymore and if you're not a friend on Steam then too bad so sad.... can't say "hello" anymore in the lobby to everyone unless it's a friend chat... then again, will they find it aggravating getting a pop up during game... dunno.. but you both hit the nail on the head.... without a foyer for games such as this..... the game will die much quicker than previously....

*bows*
    because a chat is simple to make, and because it has been universally asked for repeatedly, and because total war dev cycles from ETW to TWS2 are only a year, the most logical conclusion is that they don't want the chat to work for the exact reason you wrote and i bolded above. It's related to built-in obsolescence.. the better the quality of the game the more hold outs there will be, the less sales for the next title is my opinion on how they see things.

of course this is a horribly short sighted mindset, but not an uncommon mindset either..

it's sad because it isn't just the sense of "community" you miss out on, the quality and speed you can get games increases a great deal when you have a working chat, and the ad hoc steam foyer pretty much proved that.

although there is some hope, they've already advertised a chat feature for NTW and shogun, and i've found the 3rd time is a charm for CA.
    Last edited by Cu'Roi; 08-06-2011 at 00:35.

Or it could be that it is not so simple after all.
    it would be a very nice thing to have in game with a link to send invites to your game with out having to add them as a ferns first.

admittedly i have no programming knowledge, but i can't see it being very difficult to implement at all. Especially not that hard compared to modelling a 3d real time battlefield with thousands of soldiers fighting along with a comprehensive morale system.

the real answer is it isn't a priority for them. i don't know why this is, but i do know that the way it is now they can advertise a chat feature without fear of creating a lasting community that might not make the transition with them to whatever era they are headed to next, like what happened with rome.

i also know that all business decisions are very calculated. lack of chat, no modding, minimal patching, it all adds up to a game with a very short life - and CA has to be aware of this. since their past 3 titles have all come out in as many years, my impression is not a stretch at all - in fact it make perfect sense, especially if you have little competition and you can disguise what you are doing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planned_obsolescence
    Last edited by Cu'Roi; 08-06-2011 at 23:47.