Thread: EBII and 64Bit Windows 7?

Βασιλευς και Αυτοκρατωρ Αρχης Member Centurio Nixalsverdrus's Avatar

Default EBII and 64Bit Windows 7?

Hello friends,

it has been a long time since I wandered the EB fora... well, since EBII lately came into my mind, and I just read that finally you cracked the settlement code which makes for ancient settlements, not medieval ones, I'd like to ask ...

1. Will EBII work with 64Bit Windows 7?

2. Have you cracked the heir code, I mean, will I be able to switch the heir of my empire to a person of my liking?

3. When will EBII come out?

Default Re: EBII and 64Bit Windows 7?

Quote Originally Posted by Centurio Nixalsverdrus View Post
    Hello friends,

it has been a long time since I wandered the EB fora... well, since EBII lately came into my mind, and I just read that finally you cracked the settlement code which makes for ancient settlements, not medieval ones, I'd like to ask ...
    “We” haven't done that one, credit goes to the people behind the Princes Kings & Heroes mod (PKH), in particular wilddog and makanyane.

1. Will EBII work with 64Bit Windows 7?
    EBII solely depends on Kingdoms 1.5 to work properly. In other words: yes.

2. Have you cracked the heir code, I mean, will I be able to switch the heir of my empire to a person of my liking?
    As I understand it, you will not be able to change heirs once appointed. That said.... you are able to appoint people.

Never. We've just been leading you on.
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

Βασιλευς και Αυτοκρατωρ Αρχης Member Centurio Nixalsverdrus's Avatar

Thanks for the quick answer, Tellos. That's great news.

I knew that. I always knew.

You can choose who will become the next faction heir when the current one becomes the leader.

Apprentice Geologist Member Blxz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bobbin View Post
    You can choose who will become the next faction heir when the current one becomes the leader.
    Which is of course is a pain in the arse if your faction leader dies and you haven't got a grandson of age yet to become the next heir. I can't see family continuity continuing very well. But your work-around is far better in at least keeping it in the royal family if we choose rather than random adopted generals.

Honestly I see no reason why CA removed that feature... Much the same way I fail to understand why they removed the option to mod in lethality. Still got no idea how you will get around that other than sky-high defense values or very slow attack animations.
    Completed Campaigns:
    Macedonia EB 0.81 / Saby'n EB 1.1
    Qart'Hadarst EB 1.2 / Hai EB 1.2
    Current Campiagns:
    Getai/Sauromatae/Baktria
    donated by Brennus for attention to detail.

Quote Originally Posted by Blxz View Post
    Which is of course is a pain in the arse if your faction leader dies and you haven't got a grandson of age yet to become the next heir. I can't see family continuity continuing very well.
    Just appoint some 'elderly statesman' as your heir. That way the grandson can come of age, and when your heir dies, you can appoint him.

Quote Originally Posted by Blxz View Post
    Honestly I see no reason why CA removed that feature...
    Actually, it's not that bad. The way it is now, you can't just appoint the best son your heir. It's pretty challenging sometimes, especially in mods like Bellum Crucis where a bad faction leader creates discontent in your empire.
    Exegi monumentum aere perennius
    Regalique situ pyramidum altius
    Non omnis moriar

- Quintus Horatius Flaccus

Apprentice Geologist Member Blxz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Horatius Flaccus View Post
    Actually, it's not that bad. The way it is now, you can't just appoint the best son your heir. It's pretty challenging sometimes, especially in mods like Bellum Crucis where a bad faction leader creates discontent in your empire.
    Well, just because its possible to work with it doesn't make it a good design choice. I'll admit for your reasons it makes some sense but thats a very limited scope and can eaily be acheived by simply ignoring the appoint heir button. For those of us who would like to have a Salic Consanguality style of succession it hampers our efforts dramatically. Not to mention people who would like to role play a hostile take-over or an elective heir system or any other of different succession styles.

So, while its 'not that bad' I still don't know why they would remove the option.
    Completed Campaigns:
    Macedonia EB 0.81 / Saby'n EB 1.1
    Qart'Hadarst EB 1.2 / Hai EB 1.2
    Current Campiagns:
    Getai/Sauromatae/Baktria
    donated by Brennus for attention to detail.

Quote Originally Posted by Tellos Athenaios View Post

I laughed .

:D

Satyros
    Smell the battle in the wind, before you see us.Winterhorde of furyride, the wind will lead us.