Thread: FAQ's

Default FAQ's

Here are some questions that are commonly asked about HRTW. If you have a question that was not answered please feel free to ask below.

Q: What is Historical Rome Total War?
    A: Well, the title sums it up for the most part, it's Rome Total War with alot of added history

Q: What is the time frame of the game?
    A: The game starts in 280 B.C. and ends in 14 A.D., however in later versions we might make the game last longer to accurately portray the Roman Empire

Q:How many factions will be playable?
    A: 20 factions (21st faction is the Rebels)

Q: How many Roman Factions are there?
    A: Just one!

Q:Is the Senate still present? ex. missions, offices, etc?
    A: We tried to keep the senate without having a "senate faction" but the hard coding was in the way

Q: What happened to the other Roman Factions?
    A: Scipii became Illyria, Brutti became Nabataean Kingdom, and Senate became Bosporan Kingdom

Q: What's Egypt like?
    A: Egypt is now The Ptolemaic Empire and have a greek culture instead of Egyptian

Q: Any other culture changes?
    A: Yes, Thrace is now Barbarian with greek units

Q: What about name changes?
    A: Spain has changed into Iberia, Parthia into Atropatene

Q: What Version are you working on?
    A: Currently we are working on Alpha

Q: Any new units?
    A:Not in Alpha, however there will be alot of reskinning done, so I guess they are new

Q: Map changes?
    A: Nope, not until later versions. For Alpha we are keeping the vanilla map and settlements.. there will be different starting locations however

Q: Will this mod be more vanilla or historical?
    A: Both! Our goal is to create a mod that has the vanilla feel while also adding alot of history

Q: What can we expect to see in the future?
    A: Well alot actually. Alpha as you can tell is alot of simple changes and will essentially be alot like vanilla.. Beta is what everyone should be excited for.. Lot's of changes and add ins when we start Beta..

Any further questions feel free to ask below!

Default Re: FAQ's

Still, the point of making Thrace into a barbarian faction isn't really historical. They had a own culture, with both hellenic and barbarian (in CA terms) influences.
    Keep that in mind.
    Yes, Im Davyjones

you know maybe in future versions we can use the old egyptian culture and make a thracian?

Thats a waste. A nomad culture would be better, since thats really a unique culture that doesn't share silmilarties with the other 'barbarians'.
    Thrace=Hellenic, rather than barbarian.

BTW: how do you want to realise a Nabateaan faction withouth new units?

True I was reading on the Sarmatians last night and its a complete difference.. they would be using typical eastern units and the bedouin and arab mercenaries.. in beta we would give them some more "arabian" units.. and for thrace.. they were hellenic but also barbarian.. it was a mix.. they were in tribes as well.. its kinda tough when they are both

We should pick a more hellenic tribe then. Maybe the Kingdom of Lysimachus? Thracian units and Hellenic phalanxes with a lot of AOR regional units.
    But, Sarmatians were indo-aryan. Its very hard to say were their turf was, since their were nomads. But the most historical would be Modern day Black sea, etc. Not really Bedouin/Arab side.

Lysimachus' kingdom disintegraded around then.. so they would have alot of hellenic units to use.. but also they had warbands and tribesmen from the forests/hills.. and ya Sarmatians are tough... what do you mean?

Thrace didn't use warband, since that was more a La Tene structure. The Thracian Native army used a lot of skirmishers, light and heavy skirmishers, some shock infantry with falx/romphaia and few skirmish cavalry, together with a elite medium cavalry. Actually, Succesor Medium Cavalry (Prodromoi) were thracians.
    Add the Hellenic basic army part with it (Phalanx, theoreopheroi, thorakitai etc) and you have the thracian army

About the Sarmatians.
    I say they didn't use any arab/bedoiun mercenies because their homeland wasn't at all in that region. You propably think ot the scythians.

that sounds like a good roster to me.. cant wait to make it in beta.. also i was referring the arabians and bedouins for the nabataean kingdom haha.. sarmatians never used those units

For the Nabateans : We can dismount the Arab Cavalry and make them in Arab Swordmen and the Bedouin Archers in Bedouin Foot Archers , and we can add the Desert Infantry and Camel Raiders of Numidia... Also the Nabateans had Hellenistic influences so we could add something like a hoplite (found this on the net (Its at Petra)) And add something like this ...

i like it! nice job Macedon1an:) is there rep on this site?

For England and St.George Senior Member ShadesWolf's Avatar

this looks interesting to me, i will keep my eyes on it. Good luck
    ShadesWolf
    The Original HHHHHOWLLLLLLLLLLLLER

Im a Wolves fan, get me out of here......

thanks! we hope that everyone likes it when we release