Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Units Of Rome Total War: Romans

Default Re: Units Of Rome Total War: Romans

Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    OH MY GOD
    Just give him a better army{like making the general gold-gold and some uints silver/gold}
    This was just a test so that's why the army is not so good... I will make him a better army next time...

Quote Originally Posted by ahowl11 View Post
    Macedon1an!!!!!! Thats great dude:)

just give him some command stars and influence.. also if there was a way for him to attract more rebels.. plus a way to make him romp around
    The spawn army scripts ignore command stars, influence and management... They must be added with the give_trait cheat manually in the game...

what?? theres gotta be another way

what?? theres gotta be another way
    That's what learned from the tutorials... The script doesn't work the same way as descr_strat entries about characters.

hmmm thats weird

Yup, I know its stupid but its true...

stupid hard codes haha.. oh well we will figure somethin out

You can script those console commands, too. It is easy to implent a historic character like this. I´ll make one with spartacus now.

ok upload a screen here to show your work

ok upload a screen here to show your work
    Won´t be today. Maybe yours, but not mine.

well upload it whenever you finish.. is it possible that you can go here and omit these units entirely from the game?
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...ted&highlight=

well upload it whenever you finish.. is it possible that you can go here and omit these units entirely from the game?
    Yes, I can do that. But first the other changes should be made. In my edu those factions can´t recruit them and can´t have them in custom battle, but they are still there. But I don´t think you are anywhere near the hardcoded limit.

Yes, I can do that. But first the other changes should be made. In my edu those factions can´t recruit them and can´t have them in custom battle, but they are still there. But I don´t think you are anywhere near the hardcoded limit.

what are you implying?

what are you implying?
    With what. The other changes are those of the edu, I mean, adding Units first. Removing Units completely requieres more files and you have also to edit descr_strat, or the campaign will crash. The Solution I made is cleaner for the start: Units are there, but can´t be used. If they are in descr_strat, they will be in for a while, but when they are dead there aren´t new ones.
    Btw: Start working on the script now.

Done. Spartacus appears with traits. Trying to upload a screenie.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Spartacus.png 
Views:	266 
Size:	2.13 MB 
ID:	1860
    Here it is. Spartacus appeared, and got per script those traits automatically assigned.

Name:	Spartacus2.png 
Views:	208 
Size:	1.66 MB 
ID:	1861Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Spartacus3.png 
Views:	197 
Size:	1.43 MB 
ID:	1862Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Spartacus4.png 
Views:	196 
Size:	2.11 MB 
ID:	1863
    He uses the roman early generals bodyguard in battle atm. Maybe i can make a gladiator to the generals unit. The traits were random traits, which I thought would be logical. I´ll add now a few ancillarys.

Name:	Spartacus5.png 
Views:	184 
Size:	2.21 MB 
ID:	1864Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Spartacus6.png 
Views:	212 
Size:	1.41 MB 
ID:	1865
    Now, I´ve succeded in making a gladiator unit Spartacus´ bodyguard, and gave him a few ancillarys.

But there are 2 problems: 1. Spartacus stands there, and makes nothing at all. He would stand there till he´d die of age. You can per script take manualy control over him. This is used in the prologue. But it is quite heavy to script.
    2. If there is already an Army standing there, Spartacus would be spawned over it - its like this army is under a trapdoor, Spartacus standing upon it: You have to beat him, so that he goes away, to regain the army. Maybe I can add something which would
    automatically replace an army standing there.

I could also add that Spartacus gains per Turn new men and replenished bodyguards, which would only stop if you kill him (beating him to retreat doesn´t suffice). Thats not quite hard. But I´ll do something about 1) and 2) first.

good work man, im interested to see where this goes.. also give him samnite gladiators and velite gladiators with some peasants as well.. is it possible to make him look greek?

good work man, im interested to see where this goes.. also give him samnite gladiators and velite gladiators with some peasants as well.. is it possible to make him look greek?
    I already gave him the other gladiators.
    To your second question: You can change Generals Models just factionwide, so every Rebel General would look Greek ... And I somehow doubt that you want that. But I´ll post a pick of his face - It could pass as greek, if I remember it correctly.

Also, some of the hardcoded stuff came in my way, again: It seems like Rebel AI is completely deactivated for Rebels without sub-faction, as Spartacus and Friends are. It just isn´t possible to implent subfactions in the script. In 1 Tutorial they are mentioned as working, but if I include it the way he describes it, the whole script runs amok -(having 1 Spartacus per Turn with always a new full stack of shyni gladiators gets annoying, honestly). So, since every1 knows campaign ai is hardcoded, I searched for a scripting solution. In the prologue Script the whole Battle movements are scripted, and In Battle you can make the AI theoretically better with scripting, but that would be tons of scripting with a high danger of punching even greater holes in the ai - But now I´m off topic. Since the Prologue script controlled the battle that completly, I figured that it would be possible to edit the ai per script in the campaign, too. After experiencing a while, I found that the only thing you can really make, is the ai a lot more stupid - Only this comands can be used, because they were implented for the prologue:

-Walk somewhere.
    -Stay somewhere.
    -A Named General can engage another named General (for example, Gaius Julius attacks Orgetorix). This is next to useless, as Names are randomly generated.

So, the solution I´m settling for Spartacus is that he will stay on 1 Place (as Historically), and if he still lives after a few turns (that would need tweaking) towns in Italy revolt.
    If he is attacked and survives, his bodyguards will be restored.

It is somehow sad, that always hardcoded things are coming in my way if I do something for this Mod.

Name:	Spartacus9.png 
Views:	190 
Size:	2.79 MB 
ID:	1867Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Spartacus8.png 
Views:	193 
Size:	2.58 MB 
ID:	1868Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Spartacus7.png 
Views:	206 
Size:	3.00 MB 
ID:	1869
    Here are the screenies. Interestingly enough, Spartacus always stays in the middle or in back of the unit, and is good protected.

good work man, im sorry about the hardcoding limits as well.. we need to include him as part of the gladiator uprising

good work man, im sorry about the hardcoding limits as well.. we need to include him as part of the gladiator uprising
    Well, after thinking it over is that Spartacus doesn´t make a move historically. And I think I can at least make him attack Rome if it is ungarrisoned - Together with the revolting cities the gladiator uprising will be quite a danger for the romans.

It just isn´t possible to use them to simulate the tribal system of the barbs.
    The script is ready now, just the triggers need to be implented - I´ll do that for the beta.

ok.. can you please do the edu edb and dmb now?

ok.. can you please do the edu edb and dmb now?
    I sent toshiden my files - he is implenting his changes. Nothing to do for me at the moment. Oh, and: In my file 7/8 of the Units are already removed.
    I just didn´t do the recent changes, the 1 toshiden makes atm.

ok well email them to me as soon as you are finished.. should i send those ui's and other units to you or him?

ok well email them to me as soon as you are finished.. should i send those ui's and other units to you or him?
    Both. :)

Nice work with the script !

Just fantastic :D

But it's a bit stupid that you made all the army just gladiators...
    Remeber,Spartacus also freed a lot of slaves on his way,armed them the best way he coud,wich mainly ment javelins,bows,spears,daggers,and as he went thro Italy and defeated roman armyes,he started to arm slaves with roman wepons,so maybe giving him some hastati is the idea...
    Also,most of his "army" where from Gaul and Germania...so giving him some swordsmen and spear warband.
    When the camel {S}thinks,it is time to leave the oassis!

Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    Just fantastic :D

But it's a bit stupid that you made all the army just gladiators...
    Remeber,Spartacus also freed a lot of slaves on his way,armed them the best way he coud,wich mainly ment javelins,bows,spears,daggers,ad as he went thro Italy and defeated roman armyes,he started to arm slaves with roman wepons,so maybe giving him some hastati is the idea...
    Also,most of his "army" where from Gaul and Germania...so giving him some swordsmen and spear warband.
    I´ll go over this script again when alpha is released.

yes we will wait for beta to worry about this

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12