Thread: EB crashes as soon as I press "start battle" or when loading a custom battle

Unhappy EB crashes as soon as I press "start battle" or when loading a custom battle

Hello everyone,

My OS is Windows 7 Home edition. My computer is an intel core i5 CPU 2.67 Ghz quadcore. I installed RTW and BI (Gold Edition) as a clean install. I then installed EB 1.1, 1.2 and the "EB for BI" mod. I should add that even "vanialla" EB 1.2 has the exact same issue for me.

The game loads fine up until the menu screen and even on the campaign map, but as soon as I click on "start battle", or when I load a custom battle, the load bar never appears and then I get a CTD.

Is this a known bug and is there anything I can do about it? Thank you so much for any help you can give me!

I've been a long time player and I'm saddened I can't play my beloved EuBa anymore.
    Last edited by Docus; 08-03-2011 at 23:56.

EB Support Guy Senior Member XSamatan's Avatar

Default Re: EB crashes as soon as I press "start battle" or when loading a custom battle

First check the right version number in the main menu, if there is not 1.2 shown, reinstall everything and be sure to point the 1.2 installer to the same location as the 1.2 one.
    If that didn't help, update your graphic drivers and start EB as admin.

Post back if that did not help you.

XSamatan

1.2 fixes - Updated regularly. Latest news from 2009-02-01.
    EB FAQ --- Tech help important thread list --- Frequent issues and solutions

Default Re: EB crashes as soon as I press "start battle" or when loading a custom battle

I found the problem: it was the 'EB for BI' mod. I deinstalled it, and now the original EB 1.2 works again. Thanks for the help anyway.