Thread: EB 1.0 crashes after campaign select

Default EB 1.0 crashes after campaign select

Hello all, new to forum so bear with me. I have checked the forum for an answer to my problem with no luck so I decided to register and post my issue to get an answer. I have Rome TW Gold and installed EB 1.0. When I select a campaign and then try to play it, the game crashes to the desktop. This happens on a Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7 computers. Also, I am playing from a zip drive because I play at work and don't want to download to work computer. I have tried to play with the no movie option, -nm, but that hasn't worked either. Any ideas? The Rome TW Gold works perfect without the EB 1.0 mod except I can't select any campaigns in Barbarian Invasion. There are simply no campaigns to pick from, but that is anothe issue. Thank you in advance for any and all help!

EB Support Guy Senior Member XSamatan's Avatar

Default Re: EB 1.0 crashes after campaign select

Well, actually this seems to be related, does normal RTW show the same failure if starting a new campaign?

My gray cells might trick me, but I think to remember a unsolved problem with RTW and external drives...

A thing worth a try would be to install EB on your normal computer, start it and load up a campaign, afterwards move the whole RTW folder to your external drive.
    It also might work if you start a campaign on your PC and copy the save-file to the external drive and load it up there.

XSamatan

1.2 fixes - Updated regularly. Latest news from 2009-02-01.
    EB FAQ --- Tech help important thread list --- Frequent issues and solutions

The Rhetorician Member Skullheadhq's Avatar

Default Re: EB 1.0 crashes after campaign select

1.0? That version was released in prehistoric times! Why not update to 1.2?
    "When the candles are out all women are fair."
    -Plutarch, Coniugia Praecepta 46