Thread: reinstalling issue.

Default reinstalling issue.

Hey, did a complete reinstall of EB. Followed the steps I took every other time I installed, as in, clean Rome install, 1.5 patch, EB 1.1 install, EB 1.2 install. Try to use trivial script to run it, get "failed to open file" error, used start menu launcher, told the shortcut is missing. Have no idea what's going on as nothing is different to last time I installed. Anyone else had this or know of a solution?
    Many thanks.
    X3 From The Blacksmith, d'Arthez and The King for my Keltoi reproductions and dressing up.

I'm always around here lurking in the shadows; not as easy as it sounds when wearing this much shiny iron :)

EB Support Guy Senior Member XSamatan's Avatar

Default Re: reinstalling issue.

Create a new shortcut to Rome-TW.exe and edit the target line by adding -mod:eb -show_err -ne

This will provide you with a working shortcut.
    You also can try to re-install only the Trivial Script, first uninstall it then download the sole installer.

XSamatan

1.2 fixes - Updated regularly. Latest news from 2009-02-01.
    EB FAQ --- Tech help important thread list --- Frequent issues and solutions

Default Re: reinstalling issue.

Nope, first thing I tried.

Tried again with anti virus off, installed perfectly. turn on computer today to find the EB files missing and replaced with hundreds of random .tmp files...

veeeery confused
    Last edited by Bodeni; 08-11-2011 at 18:29. Reason: problem got weirder
    X3 From The Blacksmith, d'Arthez and The King for my Keltoi reproductions and dressing up.

I'm always around here lurking in the shadows; not as easy as it sounds when wearing this much shiny iron :)