Thread: Game gets stuck (not crash) on AI turn/beginning of my turn

Default Game gets stuck (not crash) on AI turn/beginning of my turn

That's a bit of a complicated title but bear with me a sec. After I end turn, the game runs through all of the AI turns and gets back to my turn; the popups show up; but then the hourglass cursor never goes away and the game sticks there. Because it's technically my turn again by that point, I get an autosave which I load, and the hourglass goes away and I can play normally for that one additional turn. But then once I end THAT turn, the game gets stuck on the Eleutheroi turn. Pretty sure one of the Eleutheroi banners is bugging out, but I have no idea how to fix it. Running Windows 7, EB 1.2 on RTW 1.5. Tried script on/off, and setting affinity to one core (technically a fix for a different bug but hey, you never know), but neither work. I might go back to an earlier save and see if I can kill off that banner before this issue shows up, but if anyone else has any suggestions I'd appreciate it greatly. New to EB so I apologize if this is an old issue that's come up before. Thanks!

EB Support Guy Senior Member XSamatan's Avatar

Default Re: Game gets stuck (not crash) on AI turn/beginning of my turn

1.2 fixes installed?

You may want to upload your save so I can give it a try on my build.

XSamatan

1.2 fixes - Updated regularly. Latest news from 2009-02-01.
    EB FAQ --- Tech help important thread list --- Frequent issues and solutions

Default Re: Game gets stuck (not crash) on AI turn/beginning of my turn

Haven't had the time to install fixes yet, will do so this weekend.

http://www.mediafire.com/?ifl5lmws3risd1e That's the file. It should get stuck on the Eleutheroi once you hit end turn. Thanks!