Thread: Game of thrones mod

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Second-hand chariot salesman Senior Member macsen rufus's Avatar

Default UPDATE March 17th

... and the Tyrells the easiest
    I hereby officially eat my words

I've been trying out the Tyrells for the last couple of days, and the Greyjoys have been doing what they have never done when I've played other factions - namely giving the Tyrells their almost undivided attention! It has taken a long while to secure the coasts, and keep boats afloat, and finally start developing those coastal provinces that keep getting trashed. It's certainly been a fun time. It took two attempts to capture King's Landing from the rebels, which didn't do my heir's personality any good. And the civil war didn't help, that took another couple of turns to quell.

All I can say is thank the Seven for the Shield Islands and the Redwyne Fleet - they have really played their proper role in this campaign. It has been hard fighting back against the Ironborn as they just jump on their ships and land somewhere else, whilst my land forces are trudging through the mountains trying to catch them.

Anyway, I finally managed to build enough dromons to keep them out, and slowly ground down their fleet, and now I have my Hand sitting on Pyke, with a big stack of mercenaries (yeah, it was the only way to win the civil war when my 16 year old prince rebelled against me as his first adult act...)

I was very nicely allied to everyone but the Greyjoys when the Baratheons of Storm's End invaded, and all our mutual allies abandoned my cause. Then the Lannisters came in the other side, and all the rest of my allies sided with them... however, the Lannister army was reduced to single figures by the time it returned home

There's been some good battles against very unfavourable odds, and I'm pleased to say the recent changes to border info and the new maps are working out well. I still have a few battle maps that don't have 'winter' pre-battle images (and winter does come quite often...) but apart from that I think I'm happy to make the installer now. So, by the end of next week there should be the long-awaited beta release.

Happy St Patrick's Day
    ANCIENT: TW

A mod for Medieval:TW (with VI)

Discussion forum thread

Download A Game of Thrones Mod v1.4

Member thankful for this post: