Thread: Siege battles are unfair?

Default Siege battles are unfair?

Hi everybody,

is it just me again, ore is it nearly impossible to win a siege battle as the attacker?

In the past 2 weeks ive played like 10 siege battles, ive won the 3 were i was the defender, and lost the rest where i was the attacker

It seems, that even if the attacker has got a way superior skirmish army, they wont be able to kill the enemy matchlocks in the castle. So the defender can just spam matchlocks and win every time

It just takes like 2 or 3 matchlocks to completely ruin the attacking infantry

so u can only win as the attacker if the defender doesnt bring matchlocks, and hornestly...... everyone seems to have matchlocks :) lol

Default Re: Siege battles are unfair?

i can attack and defend and win 90 percent of the time, just make sure you shoot the matchlocks first.
    Please Note: I do not work for Creative Assembly or Sega.

https://www.youtube.com/user/itsmymillertime
    Latest Video: #224 2v2 MP Siege Shogun 2 Commentary
    Added: September 5, 2011

See... the thing is.... when the defender defends a multitierd fortress, and brings like 50% matchlocks (which they always do), u wont be able to shoot them all even if u get every shot in.....

*siege weapons

siege weapons are crap..... they cant hit anything good enough to do the damage... and the enemy can always hide behind the tenshu

The key to siege battles are bringing a lot of Bow monks. Its the range that crushes everyone.

yes ranged infintary is a big element but make sure to bring a good amount of naginata samurai as they are able to take alot of ammunition from the enemy bows with out taking massive damage were as other infantry get blown away by enemy bows