Thread: Faction names

Default Faction names

If someone would change this entrys to something fitting for our mod, I´d be more than happy
    Quote Originally Posted by strat.txt
    {SMT_SHORT_VICTORY_ROMANS_BRUTII} Your victory is worthy of your proud Brutii ancestors. The foul Macedonians and perfumed Greeks have passed away, leaving not so much as a ruin behind! Congratulations on leading your family to a triumph as true Romans!
    {SMT_SHORT_VICTORY_ROMANS_JULII} Your victory is worthy of a true Roman. The family of Julii can take pleasure in seeing the barbarous, hairy Gauls driven to extinction, slavery and worse! This is a triumph and should be enjoyed!
    {SMT_SHORT_VICTORY_ROMANS_SCIPII} Your victory is a worthy and noble one! Your treacherous enemies in Africa - Carthage and Numidia - are only foot notes in the histories that will be written to praise your trimuph!
    {SMT_SHORT_VICTORY_ROMANS_SENATE} -
    {SMT_LONG_VICTORY_ROMANS_BRUTII} Rome is now safe under Brutii rule! All that was promised has come true under your strong leadership. A Brutii fist now wields the sword! A Brutii hand now wields the rods that bring law to the world! This is why the Brutii have struggled for years, and now victory is here!
    {SMT_LONG_VICTORY_ROMANS_JULII} This is a moment to savour! Rome and the Empire - indeed, the world - lie at your feet, and the People of Rome love you! The old women of the Senate need not trouble you further. Your enemies are weak, confused and thoroughly beaten. Victory – enjoy the trappings of power that you have earned!
    {SMT_LONG_VICTORY_ROMANS_SCIPII} The great family of Scipii have been blessed by the gods and your inspired leadership! Victory is indeed sweet, and all Romans can sleep safely knowing that we rule the Empire and protect them from all enemies. Roman – Scipii - armies now control an Empire that stretches across the world! Victory is yours!
    {SMT_LONG_VICTORY_ROMANS_SENATE} -
    {SMT_DEFEATED_BY_ROMANS_BRUTII} Victory has eluded your grasp, and instead the Brutii, those cruel Romans, now hold the world in their iron grasp. The world is a darker, more terrible place as a result!
    {SMT_DEFEATED_BY_ROMANS_JULII} Victory has slipped away, and you have lost the chance to rule the world. The Julii family, friends to the Roman mob, now rule the roost. The Roman Empire is secured for the future!
    {SMT_DEFEATED_BY_ROMANS_SCIPII} The gods have not smiled upon your efforts, and the chance of victory has slipped away. Instead, the Roman Scipii family have been favoured - as they always claimed - and now command the destiny of the world!
    {SMT_DEFEATED_BY_ROMANS_SENATE} The Roman Senate has triumphed, and even now the old men in Rome are celebrating their success! All your efforts have come to naught, thanks to their scheming and underhanded tactics.
    If someone would change this entrys to something fitting for our mod, I´d be more than happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Davyjones View Post
    whait a second. Germanic tribes were in discussion? WTF?
    *innocent*

This is the actual faction list, with the faction names ahowl named earlier:
    {ST_JULII} Republic of Rome
    {ST_BRUTII} The Nabataean Kingdom
    {ST_SCIPII} Illyrians
    {ST_SENATE} The Bosporan Kingdom
    {ST_MACEDON} The Kingdom Of Macedon
    {ST_EGYPT} The Ptolemaic Empire
    {ST_SELEUCID} The Seleucid Empire
    {ST_CARTHAGE} The Republic of Carthage
    {ST_PARTHIA} The Kingdom Of Atropatene
    {ST_PONTUS} The Kingdom Of Pontus
    {ST_GAULS} Gallic tribes
    {ST_GERMANS} Germanic tribes
    {ST_BRITONS} Britannic tribes
    {ST_ARMENIA} The Kingdom Of Armenia
    {ST_DACIA} Dacians
    {ST_GREEK_CITIES} The Greek City-States
    {ST_NUMIDIA} Numidians
    {ST_SCYTHIA} Sarmatians
    {ST_SPAIN} Iberians
    {ST_THRACE} The Kingdom Of Thrace
    {ST_SLAVES} Rebels
    and:
    {EMT_YOUR_FORCES_ATTACK_ARMY_ROMANS_JULII} Your forces attack an army of the Roman Republic
    {EMT_YOUR_FORCES_ATTACK_ARMY_ROMANS_BRUTII} Your forces attack an army of the Nabataean Kingdom
    {EMT_YOUR_FORCES_ATTACK_ARMY_ROMANS_SCIPII} Your forces attack an army of the Illyrians
    {EMT_YOUR_FORCES_ATTACK_ARMY_ROMANS_SENATE} Your forces attack an army of the Bosporan Kingdom
    {EMT_YOUR_FORCES_ATTACK_ARMY_MACEDON} Your forces attack an army of the Macedonian Kingdom
    {EMT_YOUR_FORCES_ATTACK_ARMY_EGYPT} Your forces attack an army of the Ptolemaic Empire
    {EMT_YOUR_FORCES_ATTACK_ARMY_SELEUCID} Your forces attack an army of the Seleucid Empire
    {EMT_YOUR_FORCES_ATTACK_ARMY_CARTHAGE} Your forces attack an army of the Carthaginian Republic
    {EMT_YOUR_FORCES_ATTACK_ARMY_PARTHIA} Your forces attack an army of the Atropatenian Kingdom
    {EMT_YOUR_FORCES_ATTACK_ARMY_PONTUS} Your forces attack an army of the Pontic Kingdom
    {EMT_YOUR_FORCES_ATTACK_ARMY_GAULS} Your forces attack an army of the Gallic tribes
    {EMT_YOUR_FORCES_ATTACK_ARMY_GERMANS} Your forces attack an army of the Germanic tribes
    {EMT_YOUR_FORCES_ATTACK_ARMY_BRITONS} Your forces attack an army of the Britannic tribes.
    {EMT_YOUR_FORCES_ATTACK_ARMY_ARMENIA} Your forces attack an army of the Armenian Kingdom
    {EMT_YOUR_FORCES_ATTACK_ARMY_DACIA} Your forces attack an army of Dacia
    {EMT_YOUR_FORCES_ATTACK_ARMY_GREEK_CITIES} Your forces attack an army of the Greek Cities
    {EMT_YOUR_FORCES_ATTACK_ARMY_NUMIDIA} Your forces attack an army of Numidia
    {EMT_YOUR_FORCES_ATTACK_ARMY_SCYTHIA} Your forces attack an army of Scythia
    {EMT_YOUR_FORCES_ATTACK_ARMY_SPAIN} Your forces attack an army of Iberia
    {EMT_YOUR_FORCES_ATTACK_ARMY_THRACE} Your forces attack an army of the Thracian Kingdom
    I post this here because english isn´t my mother-language and I´m not sure if I made an error..
    Last edited by Magneto; 08-25-2011 at 13:39.

Member Member Lord President of Gallifrey's Avatar
    The High Council of the Timelords, Citadel of the Time Lords, Gallifrey, Constellation of Kasterborus.

Default Re: Faction names

Well the last part is good, but you might want to change the word order (as an alternative)

Your forces attack the Dacian army.
    Your forces attack the Royal Thracian army
    Your forces attack the Roman Republican army

Quote Originally Posted by Flanker View Post
    Well the last part is good, but you might want to change the word order (as an alternative)

Your forces attack the Dacian army.
    Your forces attack the Royal Thracian army
    Your forces attack the Roman Republican army
    I´ll do that. At the moment I´m just puzzled why the game ctd´s if I make any change. But after I figured it out, I´ll make it.

i say leave it as i had it, i can think of any problems

Quote Originally Posted by ahowl11 View Post
    i say leave it as i had it, i can think of any problems
    What is that supposed to mean? You said you didn´t make any changes to those files.

i actually did.. ive changed the names of every single faction.. so dont worry about that

Quote Originally Posted by ahowl11 View Post
    i actually did.. ive changed the names of every single faction.. so dont worry about that
    Well, then it is good. Even if you did say to me you didn´t. A just aswell.