Thread: Native buildings?

Default Native buildings?

Hi everyone. I have a thought here, not sure if it's already suggested or even solved in EBII, just my thought.
    I believe the point of gov4 in EB is to let the natives manage themselves, keep their own ways of life, as well as ways of war. So it seems rather bizarre to me being able to (and only able to) build whole series of Greek infrastructure, temples, and colleges, etc. in a Gaul province (I know, only the lower levels, but still), while still able to recruit many elite Gaul units. If you build gov4 in a certain province, you should only be able to build mostly native buildings there as well as recruit native units.
    I know that the government and recruitment systems in EB II will be very different from those in EB, so may I ask that whether this problem is solved?

Default Re: Native buildings?

because buildings are shared between cultures. When you build a temple as a greek faction, you are building the same temple as a celtic faction, but the description and picture are different. Because buidlings are shared in this way, its not possible to build a "celtic" temple, because there is no such thing for a greek faction. The "greek" or "celtic" nature of a temple building is dependent on the faction that is building it. As there is a limit of 64 buildings in RTW, and 128 in M2TW, its not possible to have separate buildings for greek temples and for celtic temples (as you would, at the very least, need to multiply the number of buildings by a factor of 6/7).

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator

Thanks for the explanation.
    So it's another hardcoded case, a pity.

Member Member stratigos vasilios's Avatar

Oh wow 128 buildings for MTW2 compared to 64 in RTW, I did not know that. Thanks Foot!
    We love you because you died and resurrected to save us...
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    We love you Goku!

Quote Originally Posted by stratigos vasilios View Post
    Oh wow 128 buildings for MTW2 compared to 64 in RTW, I did not know that. Thanks Foot!
    They doubled it because of the two settlement types. Castle buildings and City buildings are generally not shared, so they needed to up the building count.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator

Why would they code a limit anyway?
    [COLOR="Black"]Jesus's real name was Inuyasha Yashua!
    Any computer made after 1985 has the storage capacity to house an evil spirit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluvius Camillus View Post
    What I'm showing here is that it doesn't matter how well trained or brave you are, no one can resist an elephant charge in the rear

~Fluvius

Sovereign of all England! Member Donkey Kong Champion Arthur, king of the Britons's Avatar

Limits makes the game less sluggish, I hear.

King Arthur's Court at Camelot

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Marble bust of Arthouros the Divider, first man to pass a Koinon Law since the foundation of the Alliance.

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: Native buildings?

Quote Originally Posted by Olaf The Great View Post
    Why would they code a limit anyway?
    My guess would be that they didn't "code a limit", rather they created the number of slots that they thought sufficient. That's how programming often works: a program that can handle infinitely-expanding datasets requires more work, so you limit the input to what can be reasonably expected. I mean, what are you going to use 128 building-slots for? Unless you happen to be EB and want to push the engine to the limit.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

does it not have something to do with internal names? thus there are 6 bits for buildings in RTW and 7 in M2TW.
    "Who fights can lose, who doesn't fight has already lost."
    - Pyrrhus of Epirus

"Durch diese hohle Gasse muss er kommen..."
    - Leonidas of Sparta

"People called Romanes they go the House"
    - Alaric the Visigoth