Thread: CTM Campaign selection

Default CTM Campaign selection

Hi, Im new to this mod but have been playing RTW for years now. The problem occurs when I select a faction and press the arrow, it loads until the bar goes green the size of your fingernail and then crashes completly. Ive looked through the other post that state this prblem but all their problems were to do with steam or the fact they had been using 2 computers at the same time. I have quite bad grafics on my computer but I have gone into options in the game and selected default grafic option for computer grafics and it has selected low but not lowest which indicates the posibility it isnt the grafics problem.

What do you guys think?

EB Support Guy Senior Member XSamatan's Avatar

Default Re: CTM Campaign selection

Welcome to EB!

Be sure to read the EB-FAQ for a first information about the mod itself.

Also take a look into the frequent encountered technical issues if come along problems in the future.

Concerning your problem I would start with deactivating movies. Do so by either adding -nm to the end of your shortcut's target line, or if you have Trivial Script installed, start EB Configuration and disable them there. Afterwards start EB and check if that helped. If not, post back here.

XSamatan

1.2 fixes - Updated regularly. Latest news from 2009-02-01.
    EB FAQ --- Tech help important thread list --- Frequent issues and solutions

Ive looked through the FAQ just now and I have a CD crack for the game but only because I lost my copy about a year ago. Are there any cases in which it is posible to use the CD crack to play this mod? Or is it impossible to make it work? Its strange because everything seems to work but its only the loading page that Crashes To Desktop. Its almost as if the files are missing or something to the campaign map because the menu and single player, custom menu also works (when you choose your units before the battle). Like I said it just crashes at the loading screen. Im sure there must be some way to make it work because otherwise I wouldnt even be able to get to the menu screen.

I have desired this mod since I first found it last week. Not only for the reason of extreme fun gaming but also for anthropology and historic studies of the european tribes. I´m studying ancient history in uni so this game could help me dive into this time period within europe and help me imagine how things were during those times. This is why it is so important to me.

I hope there is some way I can get it started. Any suggestions?

EB Support Guy Senior Member XSamatan's Avatar

Won't work, is not meant to work.
    RTW is very cheap these days, buy a new copy (or get it online).

XSamatan

1.2 fixes - Updated regularly. Latest news from 2009-02-01.
    EB FAQ --- Tech help important thread list --- Frequent issues and solutions