Banned ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Challgene to.....

AggonyDuck

RTK ABU

Aggony King

Jochi Khan

Tomisama

I got the highest respect for you guys and I want to take you guys on for fun sometime.

The Puppet King Senior Member AggonyKing's Avatar

Default Re: Challgene to.....

if we must. rules?

"Cuiusvis hominis est errare; nullius nisi insipientis in errore perseverare."
    Any man can make a mistake; only a fool keeps making the same one.

Blog Entries

I typically play Large/Large and some other stuff (No Art,etc...) but I'm willing to adjust reasonable due to my opponent's objections (they may have). Maps I play on any map, I don't want to play on one map the whole series.

I can play next Thursday and Friday, that is when I am free to play (Tuesday and Wednesday I am putting towards my university work). Give me your times. I can play in the late afternoon Thursday and anytime Friday.

Last edited by ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88; 09-03-2011 at 01:43.

i can only play friday from 1pm-4pm pdt

remember to the death. it has to be to the death.

exhibition?

Please post replays?

eh sure why not :P

you go warman ^^ ill cheer for you!
    Mizukage of the Shinobi Clan

Travelling Knight Content Manager Nigel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ELITEKWARMAN8GINGYBREADMENMILK View Post
    AggonyDuck

RTK ABU

Aggony King

Jochi Khan

Tomisama

I got the highest respect for you guys and I want to take you guys on for fun sometime.
    Whaho Warman ! That is some challange.
    Actually, when I saw this list, my Pride was somewhat hurt, that my name was not on it.

But then Reason stepped up and layed a soothing hand on Pride's shoulder.
    "Look here, what are you thinking? Aren't you a little bit foolish, Pride?
    Nigel's Avatar is a 4 star general. He has not played more that perhaps 2 or 3 MP battles in the last 2 month, has no monk units in his army and his micromanagment really is not up to scratch. Do you really think, Nigel would be a good opponent for such a challange?

No, it would be pure slaughter. And many brave samurai would have to spill their red pixels all over the screen for a hopeless cause."

Pride, somewhat comforted, returns to the sofa.
    "You are quite right, Reason, as always. Let us just sit and watch this challange. It should be interesting to see what comes of it.
    Want some popcorn? "

Last edited by Nigel; 09-04-2011 at 16:54.

Nigel I expect a bigger challenge out of you than Warman

(yes, them be fighting words warman)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AggonyKing View Post
    i can only play friday from 1pm-4pm pdt
    Fine with me .

Quote Originally Posted by Cu'Roi View Post
    remember to the death. it has to be to the death.

Damn straight!

Quote Originally Posted by versionlangley View Post
    exhibition?

Please post replays?

eh sure why not :P

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel View Post
    Whaho Warman ! That is some challange.
    Actually, when I saw this list, my Pride was somewhat hurt, that my name was not on it.

But then Reason stepped up and layed a soothing hand on Pride's shoulder.
    "Look here, what are you thinking? Aren't you a little bit foolish, Pride?
    Nigel's Avatar is a 4 star general. He has not played more that perhaps 2 or 3 MP battles in the last 2 month, has no monk units in his army and his micromanagment really is not up to scratch. Do you really think, Nigel would be a good opponent for such a challange?

No, it would be pure slaughter. And many brave samurai would have to spill their red pixels all over the screen for a hopeless cause."

Pride, somewhat comforted, returns to the sofa.
    "You are quite right, Reason, as always. Let us just sit and watch this challange. It should be interesting to see what comes of it.
    Want some popcorn? "

I challenge you to Nigel. I don't we ever did 1v1 yet, so about time we did.

Nigel I expect a bigger challenge out of you than Warman

(yes, them be fighting words warman)

Meanie! I'll show you one!

Of course i accept the challange warman, although atm i arent that active, after the release of the patch you will def. see me online much more and we should play a game or 2 :-)

Why don't you challenge AMP and maybe he returns. =)

I'm always around checking forums and reading up from time to time, but I won't be coming back anytime soon. Not when you have simple problems killing the gameplay that have been around since the game was released. When I see signs of more pride and less greed in their work I'll think about playing again. The gaming industry and mindset of gamers today has really turned upside down compared to the old days of gaming. I hate to always sound so negative, but it's the truth. I feel like a Ron Paul of gaming trying to defend what it was meant to be, where now it's just about brainwashing, dumbing things down, and ripping people off. When it should be about honesty, being open minded, and really listening to their paying customers.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RTKAbu View Post
    Of course i accept the challange warman, although atm i arent that active, after the release of the patch you will def. see me online much more and we should play a game or 2 :-)

Quote Originally Posted by AggonyKaptenFloede View Post
    Why don't you challenge AMP and maybe he returns. =)
    He hates me anyhow!

Quote Originally Posted by AMP View Post
    I'm always around checking forums and reading up from time to time, but I won't be coming back anytime soon. Not when you have simple problems killing the gameplay that have been around since the game was released. When I see signs of more pride and less greed in their work I'll think about playing again. The gaming industry and mindset of gamers today has really turned upside down compared to the old days of gaming. I hate to always sound so negative, but it's the truth. I feel like a Ron Paul of gaming trying to defend what it was meant to be, where now it's just about brainwashing, dumbing things down, and ripping people off. When it should be about honesty, being open minded, and really listening to their paying customers.
    I know how you feel AMP.

Very well put. Couldn't agree more. Before this game I considered CA my No. 1 Developer and then there were 9 placed empty then came Blizz at 11. Played every game since original Shogun 1.(Empire and Napoleon i didn't like, cuz of the guns) Finally i get a good internet connection to play MP and I play it with so much fun the first few months, even with the Alt+F4 ing that was happening at that time...

Now its... well you wrote it better then I could.

You are not realistic. I am sure the CA want as much as they want to create a game we enjoy, without bugs and perfectly balanced, the problem with the gaming industry is that it has become a lot more complicated to satisfy us, the costumers then the early days of gaming. I remember my countless hours in playing super mario 1, trying to finish it in less then 17 minuten over and over again, i had months of fun. But what we want nowadays is a lot more complex, we want good grafix (belief it or not, although people say grafix dont care, for us, if a game doesnt have good grafix, or his own style, we just dont accept it anymore. We also want countless of options, we dont want chess anymore, we dont want a normal shooter or a normal platformer, we demand new things every time, we force for creativity, innovation. The truth is not that game devs. dont want to give us a good product, but that we want more, and because those 'more' things are overly complex, they cant hold up with the pace. In STW2 i saw the avatar system which will become a standard in all future TW, countless of more options, new strategys available, yes, it was to complex to implement it on stw2 at release, and yes it will need balance untill the next game comes, but i am sure in the next game that aspect of the game will be fixed, and other problems will arrive we will bitch about. Mistakes will always happen when going for innovation, its CA turn to fix those mistakes for this game, implement it in the next game, and then innovate with new options which will have mistakes in them again.

The perfect game doesnt excist, starcraft, starcraft 2, dota, LoL, all needs patches on a regular basis, just because all the new options complicate things more, and then those new fixed need new fixes. Some people forget this isnt a call of duty game, which will sell 6 million copys on the release night, this is a much more hardcore game, they dont got the manpower for the ambition and innovations they want to put in their game, so we end up getting a game which in theory is the best tw ever, but just is filled with bugs, it sucks yes, but to claim the game is not playable, well, if you think the game only excist out of multiplayer you got the wrong game anyway, the total package is alot more, and i have great fun doing singleplayer, and most of the times i also enjoy multiplayer. To conclude, AMP, you are a crybaby :P

Quote Originally Posted by RTKAbu View Post
    You are not realistic. I am sure the CA want as much as they want to create a game we enjoy, without bugs and perfectly balanced, the problem with the gaming industry is that it has become a lot more complicated to satisfy us, the costumers then the early days of gaming. I remember my countless hours in playing super mario 1, trying to finish it in less then 17 minuten over and over again, i had months of fun. But what we want nowadays is a lot more complex, we want good grafix (belief it or not, although people say grafix dont care, for us, if a game doesnt have good grafix, or his own style, we just dont accept it anymore. We also want countless of options, we dont want chess anymore, we dont want a normal shooter or a normal platformer, we demand new things every time, we force for creativity, innovation. The truth is not that game devs. dont want to give us a good product, but that we want more, and because those 'more' things are overly complex, they cant hold up with the pace. In STW2 i saw the avatar system which will become a standard in all future TW, countless of more options, new strategys available, yes, it was to complex to implement it on stw2 at release, and yes it will need balance untill the next game comes, but i am sure in the next game that aspect of the game will be fixed, and other problems will arrive we will bitch about. Mistakes will always happen when going for innovation, its CA turn to fix those mistakes for this game, implement it in the next game, and then innovate with new options which will have mistakes in them again.

The perfect game doesnt excist, starcraft, starcraft 2, dota, LoL, all needs patches on a regular basis, just because all the new options complicate things more, and then those new fixed need new fixes. Some people forget this isnt a call of duty game, which will sell 6 million copys on the release night, this is a much more hardcore game, they dont got the manpower for the ambition and innovations they want to put in their game, so we end up getting a game which in theory is the best tw ever, but just is filled with bugs, it sucks yes, but to claim the game is not playable, well, if you think the game only excist out of multiplayer you got the wrong game anyway, the total package is alot more, and i have great fun doing singleplayer, and most of the times i also enjoy multiplayer. To conclude, AMP, you are a crybaby :P
    I let the facts do the talking, thanks.

I never said anything about a perfect game. I pointed out simple bugs that were brought up since the release and they refused to address them, while they still try to shove a new dlc or expansion down your throat.

I know you're just being cute about calling me a crybaby, but that just proves my point about being brainwashed. :)

Blog Entries

Everyone complains about something on MP yet the same refuses to support in helping to fix the problem. Always amuses me. I'm of the belief if you don't like it that much and really hate it then why are you even bothering to still be around? Go in peace to another MP game. I myself do a lot of FPS's now for MP when I got free time.That's my 2 cents on the issue.
    Last edited by ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88; 09-08-2011 at 16:01.

Well nice to see someone knows about ron paul, bizzare that the american media seem to despise him for being an honest man. Amp I think you over exaggerate the situation, you have surely had your moneys worth from the totalwar games u have bought. Why not use your standing with the community and ca to effect positive change?

"The mind is everything. What you think you become."

"The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed."

Buddha

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Swoosh So View Post
    Well nice to see someone knows about ron paul, bizzare that the american media seem to despise him for being an honest man. Amp I think you over exaggerate the situation, you have surely had your moneys worth from the totalwar games u have bought. Why not use your standing with the community and ca to effect positive change?
    Community? You mean the old vet community . I'm not trying to be mean Swoosh/AMP, but I have spoken to many people in the past few months, some of which been playing since RTW since 2005 and they never ever heard of people like Magyar Khan and the Wolves, or AMP, when I asked them if they know who they are. Some of these newer people don't even know who I am. Back in 2006 everyone known who I was, SP and MP people expect the TWC crew, now half the MP people never heard of me, even not more then half.

Got to get your name out there!!

And Ron Paul is a native of the same town I'm a native of .

What you talking about warman, I'm not talking about the old community its long dead. You keep bringing it up when us old timers say anything. I left wolves and moved on remember. The new community know amp he has done well in the tournaments he played in and newer players are always asking me about him when I'm on and there was alot of noise in the community when amp got the rank of shogun. players like kinjo speak of amp with respect for his recent reputation in game and always tell me that they would love to play against him. He was also competing at the tip of all the land ladders and teams take note of who is round them. Also the new vet community know him and respect him as a player. If a conversation starts about the strongest players in stw2 its not long b4 amps name is brought up.
    Last edited by Swoosh So; 09-08-2011 at 18:36.

"The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed."

Buddha

Blog Entries

What you talking about warming, I'm not talking about the old community its long dead. You keep bringing it up when us old timers say anything. I left wolves and moved on remember. The new community know amp he has done well in the tournaments he played in and newer players are always asking me about him when I'm on and there was alot of noise in the community when amp got the rank of shogun. players like kinjo speak of amp with respect for his recent reputation in game and always tell me that they would love to play against him. He was also competing at the tip of all the land ladders and teams take note of who is round them. Also the new vet community know him and respect him as a player. If a conversation starts about the strongest players in stw2 its not long b4 amps name is brought up.
    Well because half the old timers complain and act like elitists even though no one cares anymore what they did in 2002, it annoys me very much and half of them won't act up to help MP. I'm not saying you or AMP doesn't care, I'm just speaking in general.

And Well the people I know never heard of AMP and others, only a handful know about AMP rep on S2TW and past.
    Last edited by ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88; 09-08-2011 at 18:29.

thats what im saying noones living in the past cept u ;) I dunno what ur talking about old vet that whinges but doesent "act up to help mp" give me an example?
    Last edited by Swoosh So; 09-08-2011 at 18:47.

Buddha

Travelling Knight Content Manager Nigel's Avatar

hmm, not wanting to interrupt your discussions, but could someone educate a lonely European on who Ron Paul is ??

This about sums ron paul up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIaqmF5IXV4

Buddha

Blog Entries

thats what im saying noones living in the past cept u ;) I dunno what ur talking about old vet that whinges but doesent "act up to help mp" give me an example?

I don't or at least I don't think I do that much . I just remember from mid RTW though M2TW even into NTW certain MP personalities would complain and complain.... but they never would buy the game for example and try it out! That is what I mean. I don't see it as much now Swoosh of course, but I still do on onccsion.

hmm, not wanting to interrupt your discussions, but could someone educate a lonely European on who Ron Paul is ??

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_Paul

I bought the game that is why of course I brought up a few specific bugs that were killing the gameplay and brought them up when the game was released. I even shared some ideas on how to improve in those areas, so I don't know what more you want? I'm not the one getting paid to develop the game. We get shoved new content, but they let broken things slide by and why is that? It's because they can and continue to get away with it because people like you accept it without a fight.

Why would I care if people know me or not and should that even matter? The point is gaming is getting turned upside down and people are taking it in the you know what...

Swoosh you should know why they media dislikes Ron Paul... because they are bought, pretty simple. It's not in their best interest to go back to the US Constitution. When people own a country you don't want the people to have freedom, you want to control them. Most of us Americans are either brainwashed by the media or just got about their lives and don't pay attention to politics. They won't wake up until they are left with nothing left or get so use to socialism they never it could be any different so accept they way things are. 15-20 yrs from now I bet there won't be a US Constitution or even a Congress, you just watch everything will be federal owned.

keep the political talk in the backroom please <_<

also AMP, I don't like it as much as you do and I certainly don't like how long it has taken for this newer patch thats coming. At the same time, not every product is perfect and development cycles depend a lot on the resources (aka money) available. Making a game takes millions and millions of dollars. What used to be just thousands turned into millions. Companies nowadays are forced to release their product on a tight schedule else they risk going under and bankrupt. Sure, not all companies suffer this and I'm not saying thats the case for CA, but they have always had this development cycle where they release the game and the patches come later, so no surprise there.

Anyway, stop being so grumpy and come play, we miss you :(
    Last edited by AggonyKing; 09-09-2011 at 07:42.

Quote Originally Posted by perafilozof View Post
    Very well put. Couldn't agree more. Before this game I considered CA my No. 1 Developer and then there were 9 placed empty then came Blizz at 11. Played every game since original Shogun 1.(Empire and Napoleon i didn't like, cuz of the guns) Finally i get a good internet connection to play MP and I play it with so much fun the first few months, even with the Alt+F4 ing that was happening at that time...

Now its... well you wrote it better then I could.
    you didn't see any problems when they released the steaming pile of shit that was ETW?

he is a libertarian and pretty much hates the government he holds office in. he makes good fiscal sense (although he takes it to a real extreme for sure) and foreign policy sense but if you believe that the modern state should assume some responsibility for the welfare of it's citizens, or that the U.S. should be active on the international stage, then he isn't your guy. He's has little to nothing in common with neocons and social conservatives/religious right, but he is very closely associated to the tea partiers (who are a different kind of crazy than the other two mentioned groups on the right) who will, like he, probably remain on the fringe of american politics for better or worse. to his credit he is not a pawn of big money and lobbyists like the more main stream politicians tend to be. he is definitely not a phony like a lot of politicians, he calls it like he sees it, which i frequently agree with, although some of his policies are not realistic.
    Last edited by Cu'Roi; 09-09-2011 at 18:08.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast