Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Challgene to.....

Default Re: Challgene to.....

It's not about how long some patches may take, it's about skipping over small fixes/adjustments that could make gameplay better. It doesn't make any sense and there isn't any reason for it. King no need to try and educate me in "not every product is perfect, development cycles, and resources" I've been online gaming since 1997, so I have an idea of what's possible and what's not possible.

The Puppet King Senior Member AggonyKing's Avatar

so why do you expect them to be perfect then? You know the main focus has been single player for quite some time. I'm quite happy that multiplayer has gotten more attention this time around. Just look at all the new multiplayer features. Yes, there has been a lack of quick and critical adjustments but there's nothing we can do about that. Although CA has taken forever with this next patch I'm quite happy for the things I heard about it. Looks like they are really trying to make multiplayer better and even introduce a few new things to multiplayer.

You may choose to buy the DLC if you want but that doesn't mean that you don't get the patches fixing stuff if you don't buy the DLC.

"Cuiusvis hominis est errare; nullius nisi insipientis in errore perseverare."
    Any man can make a mistake; only a fool keeps making the same one.

Travelling Knight Content Manager Nigel's Avatar

Well, thanks guys (and girl) for educating me on Ron Paul. That really helped my general knowledge along.

But King, you are right: enough of politics, lets stick to the topic.

Warman, I accept your challange !
    I wont have time next week, though and will be away on vacation for the second half of September. But after that we are on. About time we had a decent 1v1 and clash steel so hard that the sparks fly skyward.

Where did I say I expect them to be perfect? Yes I know the main focus has been on SP I've been playing TW as well for all these years no? Didn't they say they want MP to be just as popular this time around, that's why they tried to add MP features which really been around for ages such as matchmaking and ladders. At the sametime though they neglect simple flaws that could easily be fixed which would help contribute to getting MP high in gear. It's about money.... Just one example is the cavalry charge bug which hasn't been addressed yet and how long should it take to fix something like that? A year or perhaps. You can defend it all you want you have every right to, but I won't turn a blind eye to it. I hate to see the type of games I enjoy most get turned into garbage because of greed.
    Last edited by AggonyKing; 09-09-2011 at 20:49.

ye i agree with most of what he says the only disagreement ofc is free healthcare, living in a country with free healthcare i can tell u its amazing. Dont listen to any bullshit stories being ill and being fixed without any worry at all financially is a big comfort in life. Imo all advanced nations should have this. the stories on american tv about the free healthcare in the uk made me giggle they were so rediculous and bold faced lies trying to scare the american public - i cant believe anyone would lap up that nonsense it really was pathetic the nhs is a great instiutuion and the uk is proud of it. Its wonderful to be taken care of if ill without any financial bog down or worry and were well proud of it even if we sometimes dont appreciate how good we have it v countries like the usa.
    Last edited by Swoosh So; 09-09-2011 at 23:24.

"The mind is everything. What you think you become."

"The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed."

Buddha

seriously, go discuss politics in the backroom -.-

Anyway warman, I waited and you never showed up, so yeah.

No such thing as free healthcare because the money is coming out of someone's pocket, but yeah our heathcare system is a joke and way out of hand.

Anyway like King said no politics here

Banned ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AggonyKing View Post
    seriously, go discuss politics in the backroom -.-

Anyway warman, I waited and you never showed up, so yeah.
    #1 I wasn't feeling good and #2 I didn't know that, that was the official time, thought you was saying that's when you can play on Fridays in generals, my apologies, I misunderstood. I be on a few times this week so if you see me and I'm not busy with school work please do hit me up for a game or I'll nag you up for a game,whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel View Post
    Well, thanks guys (and girl) for educating me on Ron Paul. That really helped my general knowledge along.

But King, you are right: enough of politics, lets stick to the topic.

Warman, I accept your challange !
    I wont have time next week, though and will be away on vacation for the second half of September. But after that we are on. About time we had a decent 1v1 and clash steel so hard that the sparks fly skyward.
    Sure.

me and warman played today, was an okayish game, my win. So warman does do his challenges . I think both of us where tired though.

Blog Entries

me and warman played today, was an okayish game, my win. So warman does do his challenges . I think both of us where tired though.

Both are tired, I am in much pain and hardly any training....no good build for you.... We were both lucky I guess...

Thank you.....

Replay?

I'll try to remember tomorrow :P

Blog Entries

Try not to make fun of me to bad, I actually fared pretty well!

here you go langley
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thank you m8
    I watched. Game is very......very.....very....very..
    interesting :P

it was okay, could had been better. That wasn't my usual build :/ and was my first game in a few days, or else Warman would had gotten a bigger spanking

no good build for you....
    (...)
    Try not to make fun of me to bad, I actually fared pretty well!
    Oi you
    Don't blame it on that though, you had the perfect troops to counter him actually /tease
    I am not sure whose setup you were using, but you probably misunderstood the point of it a bit.
    You went heavy in spear cavalry only to be dominated in mobility and went heavy in swords only to send them against shielded bows.

Basically, you lost on your right flank with one Great Guard and one Yari Cavalry against two Katana Cavalry squads which also trashed through two entire Loan Sword units because you could not multitask the charge.
    Then you lost on your left flank with one Great Guard, three Yari Cavalry and two Yari Samurai against only two Great Guard, one Yari Ashigaru and one Matchlock unit by letting all four of your Cavalry units charged by the Yari Ashigaru. You could have retreated at any point even then, yet you preferred to take the melee against spears and clump all those horses together, and when he sent one Great Guard to reinforce the Ashis, you just piled up even more units when you sent in the two Yari Samurai without profiting from it to get your four Cavalry units out of there, where his single unit of matchlocks was tearing them appart. Needless to say all he had to do was then prolong this slaughter even more when he sent the second Great Guard and again pinned down Six whole units under matchlock fire with one single unit.
    All the while, you charged the center with monks and swords into a spear meatshield which let his bows eat them whole.

If he would've scripted that in his favor, he wouldn't have done a better job
    Just the cavalry maneuvers should give you the win next time if he does not change his setup, despite his deceptively strong veteran KCs. Or at least even the most basic ones would've made a big difference in this encounter if you would've attempted any Hope you don't mind the harangue, but you were such a meanie to those horsies!

I beg to differ. His build was no where near the perfect counter. I could had kited and shot him until my arrows ran dry! That was going to be my plan actually but I baited him into the charge instead. If you notice I was going to start outmaneuvering him to shoot him but I quickly decided to move closer and bait him in. I decided not to waste too much time honestly, I was tired from the day, and wanted to relax

I like to exploit mistakes though, and that's all I did. I forced Warman into making some mistakes while exploited the ones he made himself.

Look, it's silly for me to play the armchair strategist here with "what ifs", yet simply by correcting the blunders the end result could've been changed.

You had an opponent who decided to move his vastly superior cavalry where he saw your cavalry, instead of forcing you to protect yourself all over the place. Not only that, but the flank in question was clearly the one which would level his mobility advantage by being heavily wooded, while your left flank was open plain. He then of course left those cavalry units to be charged by Ashi spears. Because when your 2:1 in cavalry, you use all of it to cover an infantry charge against the inferior host of riders instead of splitting and enveloping.
    And on the other flank, his zero experience Great Guard stood still while being charged at full speed by your veteran Katana Cavalry, and it still fought it to single digits before both units routed simultaneously. We're probably safe to say that, if it were to have been charging itself, you would've soundly lost that exchange and with it and those Yari Cavalry he had left and his melee? general (least I saw no bows or S&F dismounting) he could've wheeled around and smashed your bows which at that point were totally unprotected. But instead he lost his GG, he let his Yari Cavalry be absorbed in a mass of Loan swords and kept his general out of the fray until his whole infantry collapsed.
    Of course, those are just side-issues to the fact that he had a forest between you and himself but he decided for his infantry's direction of attack to traverse the one small open space between the two copses of trees, leaving you the freedom to shoot with maximum efficiency until the last minute before retreating behind your spears. Plus he advanced with his swords up front, and not his Yari Samurai with Rapid advance, which would've allowed him to reach your spears with his swords somewhat intact. I'm sure you would've just retreated your whole army further up into the open plain, but that transition was at least another opportunity.

Anyway, I've written too much and this was not a "comment the battle" thread at all. I was face-palming and of course that's always backed by some sort of strong opinion -- which yes, perhaps I should've kept to myself! /bonksnoggin'

Like I said, I like to exploit mistakes and that's all I did. Also its not the first time I face a rush like that with a balanced army, so I pretty much know how it goes. Pick your spot, stand firm, hold the line, and you'll win.

Blog Entries

it was okay, could had been better. That wasn't my usual build :/ and was my first game in a few days, or else Warman would had gotten a bigger spanking

Excuses Excuses! We still have to play when we both are feeling good so there can be no excuses!

Like I said, I like to exploit mistakes and that's all I did. Also its not the first time I face a rush like that with a balanced army, so I pretty much know how it goes. Pick your spot, stand firm, hold the line, and you'll win.

True but I have beaten balanced armies before with rush armies, want my replays?

[QUOTE=AMP;2053370751 Not when you have simple problems killing the gameplay that have been around since the game was released. When I see signs of more pride and less greed in their work I'll think about playing again. The gaming industry and mindset of gamers today has really turned upside down compared to the old days of gaming. I hate to always sound so negative, but it's the truth. I feel like a Ron Paul of gaming trying to defend what it was meant to be, where now it's just about brainwashing, dumbing things down, and ripping people off. When it should be about honesty, being open minded, and really listening to their paying customers.[/QUOTE]

ditto..earlyer games were definitley better...as for dumbing the game down they do it so they wont alienate any customers..seems theres alota challenged souls out there...

Blog Entries

Hey AMP, when can you play sometime 1v1?

warman, i challenge you, har har har :)
    Mizukage of the Shinobi Clan

Blog Entries

Sure, when can you play?

Blog Entries

THANK YOU FOR THE GAME NIGEL!!

where is replay?

Blog Entries

where is replay?
    I upload it later when I got time. You really going to like it King. Better watch yourself!

I don't think replays are even functional at all atm ^^;

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by versionlangley View Post
    I don't think replays are even functional at all atm ^^;
    NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12