Thread: Possible FIX for SHOGUN GOLD/WARLORD GRAPHIC ISSUES on 8xxx & 9xxx Nvidia Cards

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Cool Possible FIX for SHOGUN GOLD/WARLORD GRAPHIC ISSUES on 8xxx & 9xxx Nvidia Cards

Good day Everyone,

It has been a long story but coming right the point; I think i have found a POSSIBLE FIX for all those graphical issues that plagued SHOGUN TOTALWAR (GOLD/WARLORD). the issues reported earlier and that i found are,

1. Main Menu Constant Stuttering (70% Fixed)
    2. Mouse Trails on Main Menu (100% Fixed)
    3. Stuttering and Frame Skip on Strategy Map (100% Fixed)
    4. Units Disappearing on Battle map (100% Fixed)
    5. Units Moving in opposite direction (this seems to be related to the graphic issues of TEXTURE BLANKETS) (100% Fixed)
    6. Texture Blankets (Strong example in the thread NVIDIA GEFORCE 8xxx AND 9xxx SERIES OWNERS - README by Asai Nagamasa. and it is 100% Fixed)

NOTE: GOOD NEWS to all those people out there who have nVidia GPU. no need to replace them nor do you need any old platform to enjoy SHOGUN TW(GOLD/WARLORD) above all no need to switch to the Software Acceleration with in the game provided your system can handle the stress and that you are able to run the game :) which i am sure it can.

Before i post my Tests and Fix, i think i should make it clear that this solution is not related to the Crashes related to throne room, Poems or Death sequences of Daimyos as I have not faced any yet and i am well in to year 1549 on my campaign. for all those issues please consult the related fixes and solutions posted by relevant Great people who helped us all. respect to all of them.

Also here are my Specs.

Intel (R) Core 2 Duo E7400 @ 2.80GHz 2.79GHz
    RAM 2GB DDR2
    WIN 7 Ultimate 32-Bit

GPU: nVidia 9800GT 1GB DDR3 with 280.26 Firmware/Update up to date.

Just to not make it a whole Book here, my Fix is in the next post.

-V-

Post Re: Possible FIX for SHOGUN GOLD/WARLORD GRAPHIC ISSUES on 8xxx & 9xxx Nvidia Cards

THE POSSIBLE FIX

OK the term POSSIBLE FIX i used is because PC Configuration is different for every person and so there might be a possibility for even a small program running in background that can cause issue which i am certain has a probability of 3% but nonetheless can not be ignored.

Alright, To play this Old game we have to make sure our GPU is configured to play the old standards of Graphic processing. so how do we do it? well if change the main settings that would of course effect the remaining games and applications. in order to address this issue, i think NVidia always provided us with a Control panel along with every update in which we can specify the settings for each of our applications and games. in this case we are going to set some values for ShogunW.EXE file under the 3d Settings tab of Nvidia Control Panel.

Things to do.

1. Right Click on Desktop and select Nvidia Control Panel from the list that appears (usually in the Bottom section)
    2. Once the main screen opens up select MANAGE 3d Settings from the left side Menu under the list 3d Settings.
    3. On this interface you are provided with 2 Tabs. Global Settings (effects overall Applications) and Program Settings (application Specific). Select the Program Settings.
    4. If the Executable is found then select it but as in my case i could not find the Exe for Shogun so i had to use the browse option to go the the Install folder and selected ShogunW.exe (note that i have the Gold Edition but for some reason my exe is named ShogunW.exe i guess for warlord. i think they both are the same game but with different name)
    5. Now for all the settings listed there you can play with as you like at your own risk. I would recommend my options as shown in the pictures Nvidia Cp1 and Cp2. it might be possible that you need to change a little bit of things basically experimentation but i hardly doubt it.
    6. Test your games against the benchmark snaps i have attached here.
    7. Above all i need people to test and post their results and findings so we can narrow down the BENCHMARKS.
    8. Help would be appreciated by the Mods and Admins.

Happy Playing SHOGUN TOTALWAR guys :)

-V-

update: since i am unable to post images. here is the link to my file archive.
    filefactory.com/file/cecdc73/n/SHOGUN.rar

Looks like i can finally post my images. :)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nvidia CP1.jpg 
Views:	1829 
Size:	117.2 KB 
ID:	2472Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nvidia CP2.jpg 
Views:	1605 
Size:	132.1 KB 
ID:	2473Click image for larger version. 

Name:	strategymap.jpg 
Views:	1175 
Size:	252.5 KB 
ID:	2474
    Last edited by vigilantevil; 09-19-2011 at 18:01. Reason: Picture Updates 2

Default Re: Possible FIX for SHOGUN GOLD/WARLORD GRAPHIC ISSUES on 8xxx & 9xxx Nvidia Cards

OKay for some reason i am unable to post images. Can anyone please help me with it. add me up on MSN chishti_yasir@hotmailcom. Mods please let me know how can i send you the snaps so you can have it posted here.

-V-

Blue Eyed Samurai Senior Member Wishazu's Avatar

Default Re: Possible FIX for SHOGUN GOLD/WARLORD GRAPHIC ISSUES on 8xxx & 9xxx Nvidia Cards

Have you tried uploading the pictures from a different host? I always use photobucket.com and never have any issues.

P.S thanks for this info though mate, I'm sure there are still people here playing original Shoggy and will be grateful if this fix works.
    "Wishazu does his usual hero thing and slices all the zombies to death, wiping out yet another horde." - Askthepizzaguy, Resident Evil: Dark Falls

"Move not unless you see an advantage; use not your troops unless there is something to be gained; fight not unless the position is critical"
    Sun Tzu the Art of War

Blue eyes for our samurai
    Red blood for his sword
    Your ronin days are over
    For your home is now the Org
    By Gregoshi

good day Wishazu :)

Thanks for the encouraging words. i sure do hope this little find will be useful for people all around who still enjoy Shoggy. Also i was wondering if people can verify my findings, i would gladly try to implement same tests for MTW as well.

By the way, proof images can also be seen here on the following link for TWCENTER.net

twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=482722

Thanks again Wishazu

-V-

Needs more flowers Moderator drone's Avatar

Welcome to the Org, vigilantevil!

Great info here. If this works for MTW as well there would be lots of happy Orgahs. The units on the battle map thing has been the game killer for those with the 8/9xxx series. Do keep us informed on testing, and I'll post a notice in the MTW section to see if I can drum up a couple of frustrated players with those cards that can try this out.
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

"Why do you hate the extremely limited Spartan version of freedom?" - Lemur