Thread: Can't Recruit added units

Default Can't Recruit added units

I have added over 60 existing units to the Romani roster and tested all of them with out any problems or CTDs . The problem is that I can't recruit them. The names show up in the building description and the added units, from the create_unit cheat, can replenish in the assigned settlements with the correct building but they don't show up for recruitment . Has anyone ever had a problem with this? I would post a copy of recruited roster from the EDB file but am unsure how to do that here. I am a new member and this is my first post. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Terrible Tactician Member Shadowwalker's Avatar

Default Re: Can't Recruit added units

First off - welcome to the org and to EB. :)

Did you add "seleucid" to the respective entries in the EDU?
    Did you delete your map.rwm?

I remember having that problem too and if I recall correctly one of the things above fixed it.

And whoa - you really added 60+ units to several settlements/MIC upgrades? And probably to 4 different MIC "eras "(camillan, polybian...) even?
    You must have spent days for that.
    And they all work in battles?
    Finished EB Campaigns: Kart-Hadast 1.0/1.2 | Pontos 1.1 | Arche Seleukeia 1.2 | Hayasdan 1.2 | Sab'yn 1.2 | Makedonia 1.2 (Alex)
    Lost Campaigns (1.2, Alex. exe): Getai | Sab'Yn
    Ongoing campaigns (1.2): SPQR (110 BC) | Sab'yn (217 BC) | Pontos (215 BC)
    from Populus Romanus

"The state of human ethics can be summarized in two sentences: We ought to. But we don't." (Tucholsky)

Default Re: Can't Recruit added units

Thanks for the welcome.

I did add "seleucid" to the ownership in the EDU.
    I did not delete my map.rwm. I'm going to try that and will let you know if that worked.

Yeah it took a whole weekend to do. It was'nt too bad though the assigned settlements are already in the script for the units. The difficult part was keeping track of the models since alot of them were attached to more than one unit.
    They all work in battles.

I deleted the map.rwm but nothing has changed.
    I don't know anything about the map.rwm file so I'm unsure if I did it correct. I do notice that it comes back when you start up the game again.
    Last edited by foggofwar; 09-20-2011 at 23:16.

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: Can't Recruit added units

Moving to the submod forum.

ETA: for some reason a rating has been added to this thread. I can't seem to remove it, so I'll just set it to average.
    Last edited by Ludens; 09-21-2011 at 09:37.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!