Thread: EB appreciation thread for betterment of EBII!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default EB appreciation thread for betterment of EBII!

Heya! After reading this quote from EBII Mod Leader Foot in the Eagle Standard interview
    We love it when our work is enjoyed by anyone, and when a someone posts praise on our forums (or elsewhere) we gather round it like moths around a flame (quick note to fans of any mod: if you like it do post about your experiences, even the smallest post is incredibly rewarding).
    I figured we could condense the EBI specific appraisals for a way for the team to see what elements of EBI really grabbed us, or maybe didn't. This isn't kissing the marble butts of the EB team when this simply could go on the EBI forum, but a legitimate place where our appraisals of the first game can; Give the EB team a general view of what we truly loved in EBI as a reference point or morale booster, as well as just showing the EB team that even the smallest touches don't go to waste.

This can also be a place to raise valid criticisms, but don't air your greivances, give us the disgression in a thoughtful and critical manner.

I'd like to start that whoever wrote the Carthaginian building descriptions truly did make me chuckle and a few times laugh out loud while still being informative. He had a distinct voice that was undeniable. However, this distinction was also sometimes disparaging, for instance in breaks between the jokes and the "Historically,..." seemed to have been by different writers.

Also, I think all of us truly, truly love the 'Historically,..." part of the description. I've read the descriptions multiple times for each unit, as they are often quite rich and rewarding. Sometimes, however, there seemed to be tangents that seemed unrelated; The Indo-Baktrian Horsemen have probably the longest description of all, almost as this was meant to describe an entire sub faction or group.

I love in the descriptions it's outright stated the decisions made in designing the unit. For instance It was a Persian Rider who was specifically described as to the design influences (since there were probably no engravings or images to reference from)

Also; The ATMOSPHERE. I think we all agree that EB is just thick with atmosphere, like you are personally present breathing in the thick mist of the morning. The music, unit detail and unit descriptions allow for a good feeling.

Members thankful for this post (2):