Thread: Kill/Dying rate in EBII

Default Kill/Dying rate in EBII

Hey guys,

Just wondering will the kill/dying rate in EBII be similair to EBI?

Member Member Leon the Batavian's Avatar

Default Re: Kill/Dying rate in EBII

I don't know any numbers about people dying or being murdered behind their computer while playing EB I so I can't help you with EB II either........

Βασιλευς και Αυτοκρατωρ Αρχης Member Centurio Nixalsverdrus's Avatar

IIRC the reduced killing rate is a feature of EB. :)

Apprentice Geologist Member Blxz's Avatar

I know the mechanic they used in EB1 to control the kill rate, lethality, is not in the Medieval 2 engine. So they will have to find some other way to enforce slow kill rates. My guess would be massively inflated defence values although they might have found a different way. They don't actually release much on the way of game mechanics so I don't know for sure.
    Completed Campaigns:
    Macedonia EB 0.81 / Saby'n EB 1.1
    Qart'Hadarst EB 1.2 / Hai EB 1.2
    Current Campiagns:
    Getai/Sauromatae/Baktria
    donated by Brennus for attention to detail.

I'd be interested to know which mechanic they have used in EBII as I found that in vanilla Med 2 and a number of its mods that soldiers just died to easily and quickly... even in elite units which made campaigning with a single army difficult as you always had to double back to retrain to keep your army numbers up!

Quote Originally Posted by Blxz View Post
    I know the mechanic they used in EB1 to control the kill rate, lethality, is not in the Medieval 2 engine. So they will have to find some other way to enforce slow kill rates.
    Really? It's not there? That's strange how they would have it for rome but not in a later game.

Is it some thing to do with the fact that there are Thracian units in rome and not in m2tw?

It's simply a concept they abandoned, maybe to make stats more accesible.
    "Who fights can lose, who doesn't fight has already lost."
    - Pyrrhus of Epirus

"Durch diese hohle Gasse muss er kommen..."
    - Leonidas of Sparta

"People called Romanes they go the House"
    - Alaric the Visigoth

master of the wierd people Member Ibrahim's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by seleucid empire View Post
    Really? It's not there? That's strange how they would have it for rome but not in a later game.

Is it some thing to do with the fact that there are Thracian units in rome and not in m2tw?
    there was IIRC some mention of a universal kill thingy, which in vanilla was over 1, but no lethality.

as to the solution? assuming that universal kill thingy isn't usable, I'd just reduce the attack, and keep defense the same. seen this approach in Chivalry total war II (for BI).
    I was once alive, but then a girl came and took out my ticker.

my 4 year old modding project--nearing completion: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=219506 (if you wanna help, join me).

tired of ridiculous trouble with walking animations? then you need my brand newmotion capture for the common man!

"We have proven, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that if we put the belonging to, in the I don't know what, all gas lines will explode " -alBernameg