Thread: The Rise of the Samurai Change List

Senior Member Senior Member Tomisama's Avatar

Default The Rise of the Samurai Change List

Many important changes coming, but after reading the list several times, these things stood out to me the next day.

http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...f-the-Samurai?

The map competition gets more challenging.

• Corruption and logistics: clans will suffer a cumulative 5% cost in influence point gain for every province beyond 3 that they own (with a maximum penalty of 95%).

Loosing match-made will now cost you.

• Points loss: Every time a player loses a match-made battle, they will lose 50% of the clan influence they would have gained for a victory.

Better balance in opponents.

• Match-made battles will now prioritise avatar level when attempting to match players, taking into account ELO rating.

Opportunities to gain experience faster.

• Avatars now get awarded XP if the player participates in a drop-in battle
    • The amount of XP awarded is double the base win/loss XP for avatar battles

Encouragement to expand your horizons.

The ability to run XP multiplier weekends is now in the codebase. We’re now planning a series of weekend events in which individual unit types, Avatars, specific clans and more can gain experience and veterancy at increased rates, and drop-rates for legendary items and retainers can be increased.
    Keep an eye on Steam and the Total War forums for more information in coming weeks!
    Last edited by Tomisama; 09-24-2011 at 15:27.
    HONOUR IS VICTORY - GO WITH HONOUR - KEEP THE CODE

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198003816474

Default Re: The Rise of the Samurai Change List

Quote Originally Posted by Tomisama View Post
    Encouragement to expand your horizons.

The ability to run XP multiplier weekends is now in the codebase. We’re now planning a series of weekend events in which individual unit types, Avatars, specific clans and more can gain experience and veterancy at increased rates, and drop-rates for legendary items and retainers can be increased.
    Keep an eye on Steam and the Total War forums for more information in coming weeks!
    I vote for "OMGWTFBBQ" weekend. Everyone avatar must wear chicken suit and bring only fire bomb throwers for extra exp

Fixed a cavalry charge bug that would allow cavalry to maintain a charge bonus despite not charging
    yay, finally, the cav charge bug will be gone! thank you, CA!
    the autumn leaves fall;
    floating on the coldest wind;
    with them my spirit.

self made death poem

"penalty for loosing a MM battle"

Bullsh*t..... long live the drophackers! :(

This is my idea of hell

The Puppet King Senior Member AggonyKing's Avatar

well thats kinda of a good thing jepp, now small clans can actually compete with bigger spam clans. Though, maybe the patch includes fixes for drop hackers? One can only hope :/

"Cuiusvis hominis est errare; nullius nisi insipientis in errore perseverare."
    Any man can make a mistake; only a fool keeps making the same one.

A drop hacker would drop you anyway,
    only now once he drops you not only does he make sure that he will win and get a reward but he will also make you get a penalty to your clan...

Quote Originally Posted by leonardo davinci View Post
    yay, finally, the cav charge bug will be gone! thank you, CA!
    i don't read that as fixing the charge bug necessarily..

Thank you! Someone has the same feel I do. It fix push, charge through, maybe. Definitely doesn't sound like fix for light/yari cav kill GG in a frontal charge.

well, i do think that is sort of the reason why it happens. keeping the charge effect after the charge would make yari cav almost unbeatable. their charge stats are super-high. even if the GG has higher charge stats, that wouldn't make a difference if that would go away against something that would have it the rest of the fight.
    the autumn leaves fall;
    floating on the coldest wind;
    with them my spirit.

self made death poem

The Puppet King Senior Member AggonyKing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cu'Roi View Post
    i don't read that as fixing the charge bug necessarily..
    I do believe that is what it means. We might call it one thing but CA seems to have qualified it with another name. One more day and we will tell :D

"Cuiusvis hominis est errare; nullius nisi insipientis in errore perseverare."
    Any man can make a mistake; only a fool keeps making the same one.

Some shatteringly stupid changes tbh, why do we have unit limits on just certain units? you can only bring 4 loans yet you can take unlimited monk spear and ashi spear, what was the thinking there?

Looking at the retainers all the sword ones have taken hits whilst spears have been boosted, its almost like a reversal back to the start of the game when Monks dominated melee only now they are even more powerful. They should of just done a universal 4 type unit limit across the board like we had on older games, you cant limit some units and not others.
    I was all for nerfing loans but they just seem to of changed the loan sword rushing to monks.

Guns are fairly useless now with the friendly unit fire damage being insane which doesnt bother me that much, but helps rushing.

Welcome to the time of the spear rusher :P

Also previously created vets in most cases are cheaper then new ones you create, the unit limits can be cheated out of by just loading old army setups, (I had 2 battles last night againt 2 Great Guards).

As always CA a mess.
    One enemy is too many a hundred friends too few.

AggonySpoon, MizuSpoon, EuroSpoon, Linkspoon Li

yes, they over compensated with the sword nerfs, and spears reign supreme. if they capped monk spears, or removed the cap on LS, things might even out in terms of swords vs spears. but then ranged/skirmish armies will remain useless until they undo the matchlock friendly fire penalty.

of course the cap is useless because people can just load saved armies.

first patch let people keep their clones and their bugged clan skill units if they loaded a saved army. the second patch lets people get around the unit cap if they load a saved army. a player who has been playing from day 1 can load an army with 8 lone swords all with banzai at level 5 right now.

the game becomes more broken with each patch until they reset saved armies and reset veteran skill points.
    Last edited by Cu'Roi; 09-29-2011 at 22:53.

slight correction, the LS are still useful at 10k i think, maybe even better than spears at that price point, it's hard to tell. 14k the spear core seems to be better though. imo if they took off the lone sword cap, then LS and spears would be pretty close to equal on 14k.

the cap should probably scale anyway, a cap of 3-4 LS seems good for medium funds, but 5-6 might be better for large funds...
    Last edited by Cu'Roi; 09-30-2011 at 13:56.

Imo they need to cap everything, you can take unlimited mounted sam yet cav archers are capped, unlimited ashi spears, monks etc, its very unbalanced which is a shame.

Lots of ninja spammers around also.
    One enemy is too many a hundred friends too few.

AggonySpoon, MizuSpoon, EuroSpoon, Linkspoon Li

Ninjas are quite strong, but at least cavalry kills them, unlike with monks.
    Yari ashigaru should not be capped, they are the weakest unit...

I think only specialized units should be capped and that all the other units should be balanced properly. Cry cap = giving up on unit balance imo.

Banned ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I don't like the new DLC units, they way to strong in my opinion. I don't know how you can ram half a dozen cavalry units into the backs of these things and they keep on fighting while normal units I have seen start to falter by this point in time.

What do I know? I got a life and thus can't play this game as much.