Thread: Cant get Polibian units... I did all as it says in FAQ and still cant get them:(

Default Cant get Polibian units... I did all as it says in FAQ and still cant get them:(

I did all requariements for Polibian Reformes, I upgraded my MICs after, its nearly 210 BC and I still cant get new units...:( Does any one knows if I do sometin wrong? I read FAQ 100 times and I think I did all right...

Default Re: Cant get Polibian units... I did all as it says in FAQ and still cant get them:(

Since it is nearly 210 BC in your game, and I assume you have all the required provinces (at least 2 out of 3 from Sicily, at least 2 out of 4 in northern Italy), the logical question would be: have you activated the background script?

Default Re: Cant get Polibian units... I did all as it says in FAQ and still cant get them:(

I got all of those settlements, over 250 battles etc and I did activated background script... Its second time I started the game and second time cant get polibian units... lol

Btw my background script acting weird, its poping up but there is no text in the script, im clicking Show me button and its disapiring... When I been playing the game for the first time I had the text in the script, but not any more:( Sorry I got bad english gramar... But I do understand everything what writen or spoken:)

PS Maybe I shud destroy old barracks and build new? My curent MIC at highest lvl (all of them)
    Im playing 1.2 and i got fixes installed...
    Last edited by Wulfdann; 09-26-2011 at 17:36.

You should be fine for Polybians then. Mind you, most of the Polybian units have the same names as the Camillian ones, but slightly different stats. There is no battle requirement for the Polybian reforms. As you say you have improved barracks after you qualified for the Polybians, you should have them available to you.

You could try to destroy the barracks in a settlement (for example Roma), and use the process_cq cheat and add_money cheats to quickly build up the barracks again at no cost. See if you can get them that way.

Once you activate the background script, the "talking head" is supposed to disappear. What do you mean you have no text in the script? The talking head is not saying anything, or the script file ([Total War installation folder]\EB\Data\scripts\show_me\EBBS_script.txt) is empty? It can also happen that the activation does not kick in properly when loading a saved game. You'll immediately notice it, and the talking head will pop up again once you select a city.

Well basicaly strait after 242 dude it the corner poped up and sayed what during constants war romans learned new stuff and they got new equpment available, I have readed before how to get new units, but in construction list I still had only camillan upgrades, polibian MICs didnt apire^^ So beetween 242 and 208 I was upgreding my MICS to highest lvl in hope to finaly get new units... But all I got is grey camillan guys... I have reinstalled game and mod (i did back ups of my old save games, they working fine on freshly installed game), I was returning back in saves to 246 and traing all again... Its second campain Im playing for romans and same storry, I cant get new MICs in building list... I have traied to destroy all baracks and building them from the beggine, didnt help:( Im using Vista, but I know how to install moded games on vista, never had problems with that before... Hmmm you sayed what camillan and polibian units got same names but slightly diferent stats, does they have same looking? Maybe I miss understood and polibian units same grey guys but with diferent stats?

Really not sure what causes this particular problem then. Perhaps someone else can provide the answer.

Please ppl I need some help... I think I describe my problem wrong, its not the new polibian units, its polibian MICs...
    I searched online everywhere I cud but it seems what no one ever had same problem like me...

Maybe someone cud take a look at my saved games?

BTW when I was installing EB I installed it in the same folder with the game, maybe I overwrite some important stuff?
    or maybe there is a problem with background script?
    Last edited by Wulfdann; 09-27-2011 at 12:14.

Polybian MIC is in the same building line as the Camillian MIC. Same holds for the Imperial MIC and Marian MIC. Once you get the respective reforms, your next MIC will be the Polybian and Imperial MICs. Once you have the talking head mention achieving reforms, upgrading MICs will do to get the Polybian and Imperial MIC.

The reason you can't have separate buildings for each of them are that there are not enough building slots (EB uses them all) to work with. It also makes it impossible to recruit units from multiple reform periods, which would lead to crashes as well, as the game will crash when there are more than 32 recruitment options in a settlement, if memory serves.
    Last edited by d'Arthez; 09-27-2011 at 14:33.

well I have readed all that before at diferent forums and FAQs, but I dont have new MICs in my building line, I have seen tons of screenshots as well, I dont have any of them:( Im at highest lvl of MICs right now at the year 204 and I got no further upgrades for MICs, at Roma using cheats I have upgraded all of the buildings to highest level, I got NO other buildings in building list, its complitely empty, and I can recruit only camillan dudes...:(

PLS ppl I really need a hand with bloody mod, I cant find anything even similar to my problem here or at TW Center forums
    Last edited by Wulfdann; 09-27-2011 at 14:53.

Apprentice Geologist Member Blxz's Avatar

Not sure what you mean by 'grey guys'. If you mean on the battle map then yes, your guys are wearing natural cloth. So the polybian units look quite similar to the camillian units. You can see the name though when you are going to build the unit, it will say Camillian hastati or Polybian hastati (if memory serves). If you are hoping for the nice red coloured roman units like you see in the movies then you will have to wait until at least the Marian reforms. This is a lot later. Good luck. But again, many of the roman units will have similar names.
    Completed Campaigns:
    Macedonia EB 0.81 / Saby'n EB 1.1
    Qart'Hadarst EB 1.2 / Hai EB 1.2
    Current Campiagns:
    Getai/Sauromatae/Baktria
    donated by Brennus for attention to detail.

ridiculously suspicious Member TheLastDays's Avatar

You'll see a big difference in the Triarii though. That should work well as a test. Are they still fighting like greek hoplites? Then you do have a problem because that's still Camillan units.
    I hear the voice of the watchmen!

New Mafia Game: Hunt for The Fox

unfortunatelly it says camillan hastati and its 202 now with all MICs at highest lvl with no new upgrades for MICs... Hell I dont get what happening with my EB... I reinstall the game and start all over again third time, I hope it will work this time, but I got bad filling what its a verry deep problem, vista issue or so... hell... hell... hell...

and yes Triarii got same textures as before and they still fight like hoplites...
    Last edited by Wulfdann; 09-27-2011 at 18:47.

Lol I finaly figure out what caused all of my problems.... lol lol lol
    You see Im Medieval 2 Total War veteran, usaly when Im playing Im slightly changing names of the citys, im adding names of the regions to them, for example if city called "Paris", Im changing it to "Paris_Ile-de-France", if city called "York" im changing to "York_Yorkshire"....
    Before I start playing EB I found in main EB folder Preferences text file where I changed the line-
    EDIT_SETTLEMENT_NAMES:FALSE
    into
    EDIT_SETTLEMENT_NAMES:TRUE
    This way I cud change city names in-game... I changed Roma to Roma_Latium, Apulia to Apulia_Campania etc
    So basicaly background script cudnt recognise those citys any more... lol I cud figure out that erlier, I spend around 30 hours traing to fix the game lol:D
    After I restored original names new upgrades for MICs apired in my construction list!:D

Any way ppl thnx for helping! Carthage! Here I come!
    Last edited by Wulfdann; 09-28-2011 at 09:25.