Thread: Installation problem

Unhappy Installation problem

I installed EB 1.1 (and then 1.2) a while ago but it wasn't working properly (problems with Client rulers, movement points, etc.) I uninstalled europa and RTW, then re-installed RTW. I have installed 1.3, then 1.5, and then tried to install EB again. It was telling me something like 'file not found.' I knew 1.1 should work on its own but I installed 1.2 anyway, and it still came up with the same message. (BTW it was telling me that RTW wasn't installed in the place I was trying to EB in, so I just created a new folder for EB and copied and pasted it in.)

Also, 1.5 seems to do something to my multiplayer. I get to the bit before deployment with the box that has the loading bars for the other players. A lot of the time the loading bars will get to full, but it doesn't let me into deployment.

I've been living without EB for a while now and am having some SERIOUS withdrawal symptoms-Vanilla just isn't the same. Please help!!!

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Installation problem

Hello NMK, welcome to the .Org and to EB .

I am moving this thread to the EB tech support forum.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

Member Member stratigos vasilios's Avatar

Welcome Nerdymidgetkid,

What operating system are you playing on? Did you install RTW and EB into the program files folder? I'm no technician, but I would suggest doing a complete (uninstall and) reinstall of EB and RTW Vanilla not in the program files folder, somewhere else.

Install in this order: RTW, patch 1.3, patch 1.5, Eb 1.1, Eb 1.2 (I think that's right). I don't think the copy pasting thing you did works when it comes to installation, hence the need to reinstall. You can also check you've installed Eb 1.2 correctly as when you start up a game it will show what Eb version you are playing in the bottom right corner.

I know it's a real pain in the back side having to reinstall, but I'm hoping that it will fix your problems. Otherwise I'm sure more people will jump in and help you out.

EDIT: Here is the screenshot guide to installing EB, hopefully it's helpful
    Last edited by stratigos vasilios; 10-02-2011 at 12:17.
    We love you because you died and resurrected to save us...
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    We love you Goku!

Thanks for that, the guide seems very easy to follow. (Unlike most I've seen!) However, it mentions an 'installer.' Before I've just download EB from one of the mirrors. Can someone tell me what an installer is?

EB Support Guy Senior Member XSamatan's Avatar

Installer= EB1.1 and EB1.2 (the files you downloaded from the mirror/torrent)

XSamatan

1.2 fixes - Updated regularly. Latest news from 2009-02-01.
    EB FAQ --- Tech help important thread list --- Frequent issues and solutions