UNIFORMOLOGY - Lesson 1
BOMBARDIERS DE LA MARINE:
UNITS PREVIEW

Between the various faction previews I will also released a short presentation - uniformology lessons. This is the first of them. I decided to present a unit little-known but have interesting uniforms.

The Bombardiers de la Marine were the elite corp of the French Navy. They existed from the late seventeenth century to the 80s eighteenth century. In 1692, two companies were created: one in Brest and one in Toulon. A third company was created in Rochefort in 1694. The Bombardiers de la Marine wore a red coat with blue facings. Below I present the uniforms of this unit.

Caps:

1. UNITS:

Bombardier, Compagnie de Brest, 1701-03:

Sergeant, Compagnie de Brest, 1701-03:

Corporal, Compagnie de Rochefort, 1703:

Sergeant, Compagnie de Rochefort, 1703:

Bombardier, 1715:

Sergeant, 1715:

Bombardier, Compagnie de Rochefort, 1731:

2. SOURCES:

Bombardiers de la Marine: Brest & Rochefort, 1701-03 (drawn by Robert Hall)

Compagnie de Rochefort: Corporal, 1703 & Bombardier, 1731 (drawn by Michel Petard):

Bombardiers de la Marine, 1701-03, 1715 and 1731 (drawn by Eugene Leliepvre):

Figures of Compagnie de Rochefort: Corporal, 1703 & Bombardier, 1731:

Bombardier, Compagnie de Brest, 1701-03 & Sergeant, 1715 (the collection assembled by H. J. Vinkhuijzen):

Bombardiers de la Marine: Brest & Rochefort, 1701-03 (Musée national de la Marine):

Bombardier and Corporal, 1715 (Anne S. K. Brown Military Collection):

Sergeant, 1715 & Bombardier, Compagnie de Rochefort, 1731 (Anne S. K. Brown Military Collection):

CREDITS:

King Louise Assurbanipal: previews creator; chief modeler and skinner
Lordz: some elements of textures & models
Ogniem i Mieczem: some elements of textures & models
Sources: Eugene Leliepvre, Michel Petard, Robert Hall, H. J. Vinkhuijzen, Anne S. K. Brown & Musée national de la Marine