Thread: Org Minecraft Server

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Bureaucratically Efficient Senior Member TinCow's Avatar

Default Org Minecraft Server

Orgcraft
    orgcraft.org
    (88.150.171.53)

Click here for a realtime map of the server.
    (http://orgcraft.org:8123/)

Server information and discussion has moved! All Orgcraft information can now be found here.
    http://mobiusgamers.org

Last edited by TinCow; 02-06-2014 at 19:37.

Members thankful for this post (17):

+ Show/Hide List

Default Re: Org Minecraft Server

Cool, I've been waiting for this since someone mentioned it in the minecraft thread.

Count me in, will join soon.

Edit:
    What times will the server be online?
    Last edited by rajpoot; 11-01-2011 at 06:08.

The horizon is nothing save the limit of our sight.

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I am guessing it is around American timezone when TinCow is awake.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

Barring power outages or other errors, it will be on 24/7. I never turn that computer off.

Senior Member Senior Member naut's Avatar

Hmmm. Can't connect: "Connection Refused"
    #Hillary4prism

BD:TW

Some piously affirm: "The truth is such and such. I know! I see!"
    And hold that everything depends upon having the “right” religion.
    But when one really knows, one has no need of religion. - Mahavyuha Sutra

Freedom necessarily involves risk. - Alan Watts

Try now.

Enlightened Despot Member Vladimir's Avatar

I'll have to try it.

I'm curious about what these "org repercussions" would be though.

Reinvent the British and you get a global finance center, edible food and better service. Reinvent the French and you may just get more Germans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Maniac From Mars
    How do you motivate your employees? Waterboarding, of course.
    Ik hou van ferme grieten en dikke pinten
    Down with dried flowers!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir View Post
    I'll have to try it.

I'm curious about what these "org repercussions" would be though.
    I would request that the Mods issue warnings or infractions, depending on the severity of the act. Not that I ever expect to have to do such a thing, of course. Orgahs do not tend to be the kind of people that grief.

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It works.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

Woo! Sorry about it being down earlier. Somehow it shut down over night for reasons I do not know. Please let me know how the connection is and whether it's laggy at all. The only load testing I've done on it has consisted of 2 people online, both from LAN. I have no idea how it will handle 2+ over the net. I did some reading which indicated that 16 players is the max my setup can handle, so I've set that as the current cap. However, it's possible that may be an optimistic number.

For the record, the server is located in the Washington, DC area, so keep that in mind if you are connecting from another country.

Another heist? That's why my golden castle is in single player.

Reinvent the British and you get a global finance center, edible food and better service. Reinvent the French and you may just get more Germans.
    Down with dried flowers!

I'm also missing my armour which I'd stored in my chest to prevent for later use.

If it's a heist then it's no fun.
    I can't imagine why anyone would steal stuff when everyone I've met on the server yet, are so generous anyway. I was saving the diamonds for later when I might've needed to mine Obsidian but I wouldn't have refused anyone who might've needed them for some current project.

Is there an easy way to edit existing maps?

I'd like to import my project into the org server. It should be as simple as a sort of copy and paste using the grid system.

Down with dried flowers!

Ok, the server is now running on a whitelist, which means people cannot join unless they have been pre-approved. The whitelist currently consists of:

*TinCow
    *Scienter
    *Tiaexz
    *IonizedExistence
    3_Headed_Monkey
    Csargp
    Chuchip
    ORGVladimir
    PopulusRomanus
    pestmeesters
    diain

* = People with ops. Anyone with ops can add a name to the whitelist, and all have my permission to add any names to the list according to their own best judgment.

People who have played on the server before but who I have not added to the whitelist because I do not know who they are (apologies if you are on this list, it's hard for me to keep track of Orgahs who have different names in minecraft):

Angelecticea
    @lateraldeath
    magnias
    MathewC
    #Mojopin
    #Ninja_Tom
    wuzie69

# = banned for previous actions, will not be added regardless.
    @ = people who have logged on since the 1.0.0 upgrade. One or more of them is likely responsible for the theft of rajpoot's stuff.

If anyone knows who any of the people on the second list are, or can otherwise vouch for them being respectful players, let me know and I will add them.

Is there an easy way to edit existing maps?

I'd like to import my project into the org server. It should be as simple as a sort of copy and paste using the grid system.
    I have no idea.
    Last edited by TinCow; 11-22-2011 at 12:55.

I think I found something:

http://davidvierra.com/mcedit.html

I'll keep looking.

http://www.sk89q.com/projects/worldedit/

I'll play with these two.
    Last edited by Vladimir; 11-22-2011 at 03:58.

Down with dried flowers!

I think I found something:

http://davidvierra.com/mcedit.html

I'll keep looking.

http://www.sk89q.com/projects/worldedit/

I'll play with these two.
    Was about to suggest McEdit. That program is a wonder for creating simple but time consuming structures like outer walls and basic shapes.

Edit:
    @Tincow

diain is me.
    Last edited by rajpoot; 11-22-2011 at 06:10.

Sorry about that. You're whitelisted now.

Thanks.

BTW I ran around for a bit today, and couldn't find anything new (did run into some neat stock of sugarcane a bit way away from my WIP castle). Then I noticed quite a few of the 'field' blocks near the noob hotel where I'd planted wheat had been harvested, so I'm assuming that this player did plan to settle in. Anyway point is if anyone else runs across any stuff he might've dropped/stored (unless he's was carrying everything), I'd be grateful if they'll inform. I lost around 8 blocks of iron, 20 pieces of diamond and some 12 pieces of gold if I remember rightly.

If anyone would like to explore and/or work in The Nether, I now have a portal at my house which leads to a secure outpost in the Nether. There are some basic items for work in the outpost, including a crafting table, furnace, and bed. I've coated the exterior of the tunnel leading to the main cavern with cobblestone to make it a bit more Ghast-resistant, but as always The Nether is pretty dangerous when Ghasts are around, so be careful (the bed is there for a reason).

Is it a sad state of affairs when you miss your computer for want of a game? I should really get a laptop.

Does the version 1 game have all the functionality of the 1.9 beta?

Anyone building anything new?

This is amazing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfsPdhekTVA&feature=youtube_gdata_player.
    Last edited by Vladimir; 11-28-2011 at 02:06.

Down with dried flowers!

Does the version 1 game have all the functionality of the 1.9 beta?

Anyone building anything new?
    Version 1 has everything that the latest 1.9.X version did, plus some bug fixes and final features like a fully implemented End dimension (with Ender Dragon).

I've added a fair bit to my house. A new second floor hallway which leads to a rear overlook and a portal room to the Nether. I also improved my workshop with a piston-driven Obsidian farm and a piston-driven garbage disposal. I've been gathering a fair amount of glowstone from the Nether as well, so I constructed a safehouse in the Nether on the other side from my portal. This evening I also started work on the next leg of the railway, leading to Csargo's place. I completed the cobblestone route to lay the tracks on, but I haven't finished laying track or lighting it. It's a really, really long run and it's going to take a lot more resources than I currently have to lay all that track. I put down 9.5 stacks of railroad tracks and I don't think I even got halfway. I'm now out of iron, so if anyone wants to contribute some iron or tracks to the project, it would certainly help.

Thanks, in part, to some generous soul who laid down a lot of track, the railroad extension to Csargo's lighthouse is now complete. It could use some more powered rails in a few spots, but it still works as it stands. Csargo, I've taken the liberty of creating a very rough station at the entrance to your place. Please feel free to move the station, and the railway leading into it, anywhere you want. I just placed the simple station where I did because I didn't want to create it inside your area without your permission. I'd also like to run the next leg from your place down your roadway/tunnel to the noob hotel, but since it would involve laying track on your existing road, I don't want to do it without your permission.

FYI, I do intend to keep extending the railway. Everyone is free to alter the 'stations' at their houses however they see fit. You can move them wherever you want and design them however you want, just make sure the system still works when you're done.

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TinCow View Post
    Thanks, in part, to some generous soul who laid down a lot of track, the railroad extension to Csargo's lighthouse is now complete. It could use some more powered rails in a few spots, but it still works as it stands. Csargo, I've taken the liberty of creating a very rough station at the entrance to your place. Please feel free to move the station, and the railway leading into it, anywhere you want. I just placed the simple station where I did because I didn't want to create it inside your area without your permission. I'd also like to run the next leg from your place down your roadway/tunnel to the noob hotel, but since it would involve laying track on your existing road, I don't want to do it without your permission.

FYI, I do intend to keep extending the railway. Everyone is free to alter the 'stations' at their houses however they see fit. You can move them wherever you want and design them however you want, just make sure the system still works when you're done.
    I put down as much track as I could with the iron I had. You can put the track on the road I made, I am fine with that. It does get dangerous at night though, so may want to protect it in some way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Glass walled railway? Sounds cool.

Down with dried flowers!

Yeah, security is an issue. The pyramid station isn't incredibly safe either, but I don't want to mess with the current setup without Tiaexz's input. For now, I've just lighted most of the flat plain around the station (and the buried areas under it) which has reduced a lot of the spawns. Security, and the view, is the reason I prefer an elevated rail line. It's not a big deal for roads to be a bit more dangerous, but I feel like the rail line should be pretty much guaranteed safe, which generally means elevated when it's not in a station. Perhaps I'll cut a new tunnel from the lighthouse to the noob hotel that's parallel to the existing road but a bit higher on the mountain. It's a long-term project in any case, as I think we're all about out of iron anyway.

Monkey wants to be hooked up as well, and the simplest option would be to just run a short line from his place to Scienter's station. However, since we don't have any method of switching lines, it would have to be a dedicated loop and changing trains at Scienter's station would be required to continue further. Another option would be to just turn the entire system into a loop. We've already kind of taken part of a looping route by going out to the lighthouse from the pyramid before turning in to the noob hotel. We could then continue that rail, running somewhat parallel to the main road, but off in the forest a bit. If we had the rail line that way follow the main road, it could stop at Populus' place and Monkey's place, and then link into my station to form a completed loop. diain's castle could probably be incorporated into it somehow as well. That would be kind of cool, but it would require a TON more iron. I also like the idea of running rail lines out into the wilderness, to encourage expansion in the 'suburbs.' There's a snow biome a ways out from my own house which I would like to hook up (ski resort!) but it seems wrong to spend resources on that when the main 'commuter' rail line remains unfinished.

If anyone has seen any videos about creating a simple switching station for multiple destinations, please post it. This whole thing would be a lot easier if we could just link single lines in anywhere with a standardized switching station, but I haven't been able to find any that aren't exceptionally complex. Our current station format could also use some improvement. They work, but they're certainly not ideal and can sometimes be buggy.

Has anyone tried enchanting, btw?

[edit]NM about the track switch, I found a good video:
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWl_is9hdF4

I didn't realize it could be that simple. I'll do some testing with that kind of setup this evening. If it works properly, we can just link in individual legs of railway anywhere.
    Last edited by TinCow; 11-29-2011 at 16:08.

I did a test of that switching system last night, with buried circuitry, and it works perfectly fine. Amazingly elegant, actually. Incorporating it into our double-line network (which is still required to prevent collisions) will be a bit more complex and stations which have destination switches will have to be a fair bit larger than they are right now. The first station this will have to be implemented at will be Scienter's, to hook up Monkey's house. Given where she built her station, it shouldn't be too difficult to expand it. However, for anyone else building stations to be hooked up later, it would be a pretty good idea to make sure that you've got room to expand the size of the place. I think something like an area of 10x10 would probably be a good size to start with, and make sure that we can dig down two squares below the surface without causing problems as well. I consider the actual construction of the rail lines to be a public project, but the specific placement of stations should be left up to the person whose property they are stopping at. Signage will also have to increase a lot as well, to make clear exactly which switches do what and which lines go where.

Monkey's a her?!

I mean I thought there were no girls on the Internet

Quote Originally Posted by rajpoot View Post
    Monkey's a her?!

I mean I thought there were no girls on the Internet
    I'm pretty sure Monkey is a he. Scienter is the her.

I can haz joinage to the wonderful minecraft world?
    "They're just overloaded from the spamgasm."-Askthepizzaguy
    "... Either your as destructive as the most depraved 4 channer or so devious that you can cause the most trouble while acting utterly oblivious as to make us think your too dumb to be doing this intentionally... and the scary thing is I cant help but think the latter."-Greyblades
    "Thefluffyone is the greatest thing to happen to the .org since Beefy187."-Askthepizzaguy
    "TheFluffyOne makes me feel moist."-Askthepizzaguy

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast