Thread: Org Minecraft Server

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Org Minecraft Server

Quote Originally Posted by TinCow View Post
    The link in the OP works fine for me.
    It is working correctly for me as well.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

Enlightened Despot Member Vladimir's Avatar

This is what I get:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Just clicking on the link.

Reinvent the British and you get a global finance center, edible food and better service. Reinvent the French and you may just get more Germans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Maniac From Mars
    How do you motivate your employees? Waterboarding, of course.
    Ik hou van ferme grieten en dikke pinten
    Down with dried flowers!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I'm guessing it's a problem with your java.

Try upgrading it if it's an older version.

The horizon is nothing save the limit of our sight.

That's unfortunate. Upgrade, restart, ans same no luck.

Still running Vista. That may be a problem.
    Last edited by Vladimir; 12-26-2011 at 19:28.

Reinvent the British and you get a global finance center, edible food and better service. Reinvent the French and you may just get more Germans.
    Down with dried flowers!

Just so everyone knows: I'm arranging the torches on a 10x10 grid making it much more dangerous. There is sufficient shadow to allow for monster spawns.

It's excellent for hunting though!

The grid dimensions are as follows:

Crafting Station (North)

X=-172 X=-172
    Z=97 Z=-10
    X=-83 X=-83
    Z=97 Z=-10

Water (South)

Hopefully an engineer can check my math and help design and lay an outline for this thing.

Oh, and if someone would be so kind and post a picture of that map, I would appreciate it.
    Last edited by Vladimir; 12-27-2011 at 17:42.

Down with dried flowers!

Bureaucratically Efficient Senior Member TinCow's Avatar

As an FYI, I will be out of town from December 29th to January 2nd and will be unable to admin the server during that time should there be an issue.

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Force the server to do a /save and back it up. Might be the best idea incase something goes wrong (unlikely)
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

Right so I made a nether gate, and it connects to the same one as theother's gate in the nether.
    What I want to know is that when I come back to overworld, how do I come through my own gate instead of his. I mean the gate in the nether is connected to both his and my gate, but on the way to the overworld I've been spawning at his gate and not mine.

Quote Originally Posted by rajpoot View Post
    Right so I made a nether gate, and it connects to the same one as theother's gate in the nether.
    What I want to know is that when I come back to overworld, how do I come through my own gate instead of his. I mean the gate in the nether is connected to both his and my gate, but on the way to the overworld I've been spawning at his gate and not mine.
    You need to create a second gate in the nether that is 'closer' to your overworld gate than therother's. To do this, get the coords of your overworld gate, then divide them by 8. Place the nether gate at those new coords. You can ignore the y coord when finding the proper Nether placement unless the overworld gates are in the same horizontal location with only a vertical distance between them.

OK thanks!

Since it seems that so few people are on the server any more I'm going to try these out:

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/...rvival-server/

Down with dried flowers!

I got a working Nether portal connected to my base.

Anyone managed to kill Ghasts yet? Or do I just run away?

I got a working Nether portal connected to my base.

Anyone managed to kill Ghasts yet? Or do I just run away?
    Ghasts aren't too hard to kill if you use a bow and arrow. Two shots will take them down.

Ghasts aren't too hard to kill if you use a bow and arrow. Two shots will take them down.
    All right.
    Also can you please tell me where do you harvest slimeballs?

All right.
    Also can you please tell me where do you harvest slimeballs?
    Slimes only spawn in 10% of the chunks in the game, determined randomly. So, the first thing you have to do is find one of those chunks. If you've seen some nearby, you'll know the general location. However, it's easier to use this tool. All you have to do is enter the world seed (it is shown in the F3 display) and tell it the general area you want it to search. It will then show you which chunks (and coordinates) the slimes will spawn in. Once you've got that information, you need to do what you can to maximize their spawning chances. First, slimes only spawn below level 40, so you need to create an underground area for them to spawn in that you can access. Second, slimes come in three sizes. The largest slime takes up an area of 3x3, so you'll need to make the area you clear at least 3 blocks high so they can spawn. In addition, slimes spawn much more rarely than all other mobs (at 1/10th the rate of the others), but they do spawn in light. If you light as much of the world as you can near the slime spawning area, it will reduce the odds that something other than a slime will spawn. If other mobs cannot spawn, then slime spawns increase. Finally, you need to hang out nearby. Slimes, like other mobs, only spawn near active players, and they despawn if people move far enough away. So, it's best to place the slime farm near someplace that you can do other things, so that you don't have to just sit there twiddling your thumbs while you wait for them to spawn.

My slime farm is in my mine below my house. There are actually two chunks diagonal to one another that spawn slimes near me, so my farm encompasses both of them. Each chunk has 3 floors for the slimes to spawn on, with each level being 3 blocks high to allow for the largest slimes, for a total of 6 spawning floors. Each floor covers the entire area of the chunk. I've been working the mines down there for a long time, so a large amount of the world in that area is lit and thus unavailable for non-slime mob spawning. Since it's pretty close to my house, slimes will spawn while I work in there. I just run down to the farm once at the end of any prolonged period of work in my house to see if there's anything in it. I can usually find two or three slimes down there each game day this way. Since I don't use slimeballs at a huge rate, that's enough to keep me stocked. Feel free to look at (and use) my slime farm if you'd like. There are signs and a wide path to it from my main mine workroom.
    Last edited by TinCow; 12-29-2011 at 14:48.

OK I found the spot in your mine, and whiled around close by for quite some time (~ 2 days) but nothing spawned.
    Then I went to my old mine where I'd found this big slimeball once, but again nothing has spawned there since I laid down the torches.

I'll just use two pistons to push the blocks back and forth I guess

OK I found the spot in your mine, and whiled around close by for quite some time (~ 2 days) but nothing spawned.
    Then I went to my old mine where I'd found this big slimeball once, but again nothing has spawned there since I laid down the torches.
    Be aware that hanging out too close will also prevent them from spawning. Nothing will ever spawn within 24 blocks of you, so if you're standing right in or near the farm, nothing will ever show up. I tend to work on my farm and in my main workroom while I am waiting, as both are far enough away to allow spawns to occur. You may have also just gotten unlucky. Slime spawns are rare, and even with the farm they remain rare, just not quite as rare as before and far easier to locate.
    Last edited by TinCow; 12-29-2011 at 17:11.

Good info TC. That explains why slimes tended to spawn in the same area of my single player game.

Since you know the general area where they spawn you could lay down pressure plates and link them to a signal (redstone torch, piston alarm, etc) so you know when they're jumping around.

Down with dried flowers!

Be aware that hanging out too close will also prevent them from spawning. Nothing will ever spawn within 24 blocks of you, so if you're standing right in or near the farm, nothing will ever show up. I tend to work on my farm and in my main workroom while I am waiting, as both are far enough away to allow spawns to occur. You may have also just gotten unlucky. Slime spawns are rare, and even with the farm they remain rare, just not quite as rare as before and far easier to locate.

Success!!
    I waited at some distance and then started mining to kill time. Third time I checked I heard the clicking of the slime. It was just one, but I got three slimeballs. More than enough for now. I now see why these things are worth their weight in, err...diamonds. Speaking of which I also hit a two block diamond vein while mining. I left the gems in your coal chest.

Disreagard. I'm an idiot. The machine is still huge though but now I think I can reduce it a little.
    Last edited by Vladimir; 12-31-2011 at 23:20.

Down with dried flowers!

Bump for the New Year.

I hoped to have a good Org community game. How can we make this more appealing? Once a friend of mine gets the Xbox version I'll ask to have him added.

Down with dried flowers!

So I was taking a ride one the railroad today and when I got to the stop at Csargo's lighthouse a creeper came up from behind and blew up some of the track. I tried fixing it as best I could, but I couldn't remember where all the track was supposed to go so the railroad only works one way now. I put some track in the noob hotel for whoever knows how it's supposed to work and wants to fix it. Sorry about that.

Someone may have made a ramp up to the track. Someone did the same thing previously to the highway and part of that got blown up. Not very smart.

Down with dried flowers!

Quote Originally Posted by Tuuvi View Post
    So I was taking a ride one the railroad today and when I got to the stop at Csargo's lighthouse a creeper came up from behind and blew up some of the track. I tried fixing it as best I could, but I couldn't remember where all the track was supposed to go so the railroad only works one way now. I put some track in the noob hotel for whoever knows how it's supposed to work and wants to fix it. Sorry about that.
    Csargo's station has been very screwy ever since we extended it to the noob hotel. The orientation of the station required such a ridiculous track system that carts didn't stop in the right spot, which meant people had to constantly get out and nudge the cart in order to be able to continue. I'd like to actually rebuild the entire station from scratch, but I don't want to do that without Csargo's permission as it will require digging out other parts of that mountain to accommodate a different station configuration.

So anyone found a way to make sense of the gibberish phrases at the enchantment table? I mean even in English they're all gibberish...and I'd rather not enchant my diamond pick till I know what I am doing.

Edit:
    All right I just went to the End and died promptly as I was trying to destroy an ender crystal. Lost quite a bit of high end stuff there (~set of diamond armour and sword ) so if anyone finds it and kills the dragon please return it to me.

Edit2:
    I'm back in the end, and in it way over my head. Destroyed 5-6 crystals (fell quite a few times so I lost the exact count).
    If anyone else can come along to help kill the dragon, let me know when you're planning to log in.
    BTW a useful tip, if someone does not know it, wearing pumpkin hats prevents Endermen from attacking you. Bring one when you come, if not let me know because I got a few on me.
    Also bring potions. Instant health is a lifesaver after one falls down 20 blocks.
    Last edited by rajpoot; 01-05-2012 at 10:07.

There is a good enchanting section on the Wiki and a mod to translate the language no only into English but to give an accurate description of the enchantment.

I just need to work on multiple enchantments. Haven't had more than one on a weapon yet.

Down with dried flowers!

I don't think the words actually mean anything with regard to which enchantments you'll get. If you're looking for something specific, you essentially need to just keep trying until you get it. Gold takes enchantments better than all other materials, so you're more likely to get a rarer enchantment on a gold item, but at the same time gold has very poor durability. I'm just enchanting diamond pickaxes over and over again trying to get silk touch.

Yup. The article on the wiki still says that the phrases are random. I was hoping though that someone might eventually find some way to accurately predict what enchantment was going to be applied.

And is no one planning to log in anytime soon? I'm sure two can kill that dragon!

Apparently diamonds fall from the sky at TC's place. ;-)

I believe the Wiki indicates that iron takes enchantment better than diamond. If this is true, it may be a less expensive way; and I doubt you'll need diamond durability for silk touch applications.

Down with dried flowers!

I was about to update the server to the latest 'snapshot' (unreleased dev build), which includes sheep which eat grass to regrow their wool. However, I cannot do that as we are now running CraftBukkit and that mod has not released a version which handles the snapshot.

Page 11 of 87 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast