Page 3 of 87 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: Org Minecraft Server

Enlightened Despot Member Vladimir's Avatar

Default Re: Org Minecraft Server

If you do die make sure you aren't holding a diamond pickaxe...twice.

Reinvent the British and you get a global finance center, edible food and better service. Reinvent the French and you may just get more Germans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Maniac From Mars
    How do you motivate your employees? Waterboarding, of course.
    Ik hou van ferme grieten en dikke pinten
    Down with dried flowers!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir View Post
    If you do die make sure you aren't holding a diamond pickaxe...twice.
    You lost two diamond pickaxe's? Ouch.

If anyone feels really generous, feel free to plant some torchs around and inside the mountain top pyramid. Creepers are having a very nasty habit of spawning in there for some reason and they blew up over 1/4th of it (which I have now had to rebuild).
    Last edited by Beskar; 11-05-2011 at 02:49.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

Is it, for some reason, impossible to place or destroy blocks near the pathway? I ask this because there was a large patch of clay that wanted to harvest that was under 1 block of water nearby the noob hotel, but I couldn't destroy any of the clay. Nor could I destroy the sand or dirt that was also nearby underwater. Failing this, I tried to place dirt in the water, but those blocks disappeared as well.

Is the pathway and its surroundings invincible or am I encountering a bug?

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

It is because it's the spawn area I guess. I have some clay if you want it though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Is it just me or is there not many animals in the world? I see a bunch of sheep roaming around. Not that many pigs, cows, and chickens anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Not just you. I think it might have something to do with the biome we are in. For instance, very few trees.

Bureaucratically Efficient Senior Member TinCow's Avatar

Yeah, it's just the biome near the starting area. There are tons and tons of animals elsewhere. There's a huge forest relatively near the noob hotel that has a lot of animals. I was out hunting them yesterday.

Plus, I'm not sure about cows, pigs, and sheep, but chickens can be farmed. Scienter already has a working chicken farm. Agriculture is definitely the easiest way to get food in the long-term.

Speaking of animals, animals don't spawn anymore in 1.8 because they're planning on replacing spawning with animal breeding, but breeding itself isn't going to be implemented until 1.9, so I suggest killing animals sparingly until 1.9 comes out.

There's a serious lag issue on the server at the moment due to experience orbs dropping after death. This is a game bug, not a server issue, and I've taken the server offline while I look for a fix.

Ok, the server is fixed now and is back online.

Quote Originally Posted by TinCow View Post
    There's a huge forest relatively near the noob hotel that has a lot of animals.
    Haha, that forest actually is artificial. I made it myself in order to supply myself with wood. I guess I was overzealous with my planting lol.

The Breath of God Member Divine Wind's Avatar

Is the server down again?
    "To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
    -Sun Tzu, the Art of War

The Org server is now up. It is running Pre-release version 1.9.5. You must update your client software to be able to connect. All you need to do is download the new minecraft.jar file and replace your old file with it. The default location for this file is:

Win XP: C:\Users\USERNAME\Application Data\.minecraft\bin\
    Win 7: C:\USERS\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\bin\

I mainly installed this update to fix the experience orb bug that's forced me to do manual resets on the server a couple times now. However, it also adds a ton of other stuff, including breeding, potions, enchanting, repair, etc. You can read all the additions in the various pre-release versions here.

Blog Entries

Edit: Fixed it, it is now working properly.
    Last edited by Beskar; 11-06-2011 at 15:26.
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

I got tired of getting blown up on TC's server so I've been getting blown up on my own computer.

I'm really impressed with the world so far. Very fertile and diverse. There's also a little pond that acts like a tar pit. Once animals get in, they don't get out. I was going to make a stable but I think I'll just keep going back there.

Reinvent the British and you get a global finance center, edible food and better service. Reinvent the French and you may just get more Germans.
    Down with dried flowers!

I've got a pretty well-stocked farm on the top of my mountain now. If anyone needs materials to get their own farm started, you are welcome to take some supplies. I have wheat seeds, melon seeds, pumpkin seeds, cactus, and sugarcane. You can find most of it in one of the chests in the Garden Shack on top of the mountain, though some might be in the food chest in my main workshop. Just don't take it all. I also have all varieties of livestock, if someone needs some for breeding purposes. If you take one, all I ask is that you breed a new baby or two while you're there.

Scienter and I also completed a railway between her place and mine. I kind of have a dream now of turning it into an Orgcraft Public Transit System, with stops at all major destinations. I think the main line could continue from Scienter's castle to Tiaexz's Pyramid, then to the noob hotel, and off to Csargo's Lighthouse. Those could all be done with a single line without making it too circuitous. We could then add separate 'spurs' going to spots which aren't quite on the way. However, this will take an absolutely enormous amount of resources. Just building the line from my place to Scienter's ate up several dozen stacks of cobblestone, a full stack of iron (maybe more), and half a stack of gold. If anyone else feels like contributing to this project, we could use resource donations.
    Last edited by TinCow; 11-07-2011 at 14:45.

I'd like to help with the resource gathering. I'm just playing around with construction ideas and the game in general. I added a lot of Redstone to the hotel and for fun I could do some more digging.

Down with dried flowers!

Quote Originally Posted by TinCow View Post
    The Org server is now up. It is running Pre-release version 1.9.5. You must update your client software to be able to connect. All you need to do is download the new minecraft.jar file and replace your old file with it. The default location for this file is:

Win XP: C:\Users\USERNAME\Application Data\.minecraft\bin\
    Win 7: C:\USERS\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\bin\

I mainly installed this update to fix the experience orb bug that's forced me to do manual resets on the server a couple times now. However, it also adds a ton of other stuff, including breeding, potions, enchanting, repair, etc. You can read all the additions in the various pre-release versions here.
    Can't find it with Vista. Maybe I should get win 7.

Down with dried flowers!

Can't find it with Vista. Maybe I should get win 7.
    The AppData folder is usually hidden so that may be why you can't find it.

If you don't know how to do that, neither do I but I looked it up for you:

(translated from German, exact phrasing may differ, also done in Win 7 but the explorer stuff is mostly the same I think)

Go to you user folder where the AppData should be.

Upper left corner in the folder: Organise -> Folder and Search options

Select the "View" - Tab in the middle, scroll down the list

"Hidden Files and Folders" should have two options, select the one that shows them, click "OK".

Now your AppData Folder should show up

If that's not it, I'm afraid I don't know either.
    Last edited by Husar; 11-08-2011 at 00:47.

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

I can't get it to work. I can never get anything to work. Why must I be so incompetent with technology? WHY?!?!

Blog Entries

I use a batch file so I can play it within my game folder.
    set APPDATA=%CD%\data
    bin\minecraft.exe
    So make a folder called "Minecraft" and in notepad, copy the quote, then save it, and change the extension to ".bat" instead of ".txt"

Now create two folders, "bin" and "data", place the 'Minecraft.exe' within the "bin" folder. Now doubleclick the batch file.

If it works as I think it will. It will recreate the data files within the data folder and use those files everytime you use the .bat

Quote Originally Posted by Husar View Post
    The AppData folder is usually hidden so that may be why you can't find it.

If you don't know how to do that, neither do I but I looked it up for you:

(translated from German, exact phrasing may differ, also done in Win 7 but the explorer stuff is mostly the same I think)

Go to you user folder where the AppData should be.

Upper left corner in the folder: Organise -> Folder and Search options

Select the "View" - Tab in the middle, scroll down the list

"Hidden Files and Folders" should have two options, select the one that shows them, click "OK".

Now your AppData Folder should show up

If that's not it, I'm afraid I don't know either.
    Thanks Hussar,

That's what I usually do with Vista but couldn't find it for some reason last night. Somehow blackberry witbier and a desire to finish my log cabin distracted me from exploring too much.

Plus, I'm getting lazy. I've used computers for so long I expect everything to be in an executable file that knows and sees all like the mind of God.

On the cabin: It's so expensive to build a roof at a 45 degree angle. It's expensive to build a log cabin in general! It's more expensive then getting blown up and loosing a dozen bars of gold.

And I couldn't find my magical pig producing pond last night!
    Last edited by Vladimir; 11-08-2011 at 13:47.

Down with dried flowers!

And I couldn't find my magical pig producing pond last night!
    Be careful about constantly killing wild animals. They only respawn in the wild very rarely, so if you are regularly killing them you will depopulate your part of the world. This will eventually make it difficult for you to find animals when you want to breed them. It took me about 4 game days to get 2 each of sheep, cattle, and pigs, and I already had 1 cow penned up before I started.

Chickens are far easier, as you can hatch them from eggs. Just get about 6-8 eggs and toss them on the ground inside your pen. Odds are that will be enough to produce 2 chickens. That's far easier than leading them around.

Also, at the moment I am desperately in need of slimeballs. I have yet to see a single slime in the entire game, and slimeballs are vital for the testing phase of version 3 of the rail system, as well as a gate system that I have planned for a long time but been unable to construct due to lack of slimeballs. If it helps to get some incentive to hunt for slimes, I will exchange 1 diamond for each slimeball someone brings me, up to a maximum of 20.
    Last edited by TinCow; 11-08-2011 at 14:35.

Yea, I need to update to start pig farms. I didn't kill any of them previously, just let them sit and jump around while trying to escape. I've been eating a lot of bread and rotten flesh recently. It's almost impossible to find a chicken but I did spot what looked like a black sheep; not a cow. I really want calamari.

For some reason I can't extract seeds from a pumpkin. I need to try and upgrade tonight.

Is there any way to upload saves to compare worlds?

Down with dried flowers!

You really shouldn't eat rotten flesh unless you're totally desperate. It almost always gives you food poisoning, which makes your hunger increase rapidly. It's counter-productive in the long-run. If you want an easier to get food source, go fishing. Fish are infinite and all you need is some string and sticks for a fishing rod.

If by, "upload saves" you mean make a SP world visible to other players, yes. You just need to compress the world folder into a file and upload it for someone else to download. They then place it in their minecraft directory and select that world from the in-game list.

So I'm planning to join soon (I've been wanting to since I saw this post, but WoT has been taking up all my time. My current dreams all involve heavy artillery mauling Tigers)...but when I join I was wondering if it might be possible for me to get a few 'extra' resources to err....jumpstart my castle.

The horizon is nothing save the limit of our sight.

The Breath of God Member Divine Wind's Avatar

If your looking for wool, I spotted a lot of sheep to the north of the noob hotel through a forest towards the outskirts of a desert. I have not seen any other animals apart from the ones at tincows place.

If anyone is in desperate need of food, I don't mind you taking some wheat from my mountainside farm, however I do ask that you plant a seed in its place.
    "To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
    -Sun Tzu, the Art of War

To update it I opened the .exe. On the lower right I clicked on "Options". Then I clicked on the "Game location on disk" hyperlink. That opened up a folder into which I dragged and dropped the new .jar file into. I selected move and replace and now I'm updated.

What a pain.
    Last edited by Vladimir; 11-09-2011 at 00:13.

Down with dried flowers!

I hope the full release of minecraft is an automatic update, not a manual install. I think I might never be able to get back on the server if it is a manual install, given the problems I am having with the new patch put on. D:

Page 3 of 87 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast