Page 39 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 2594

Thread: Org Minecraft Server

Do you want to see my big Member spankythehippo's Avatar

Default Re: Org Minecraft Server

Quote Originally Posted by TinCow View Post
    My carrot and potato farms are now installed and fully planted in my agricultural sector. Feel free to harvest as much as you want, just replant afterwards.
    I harvested as much as I needed. Thanks!

I must say, walking into your farm was very intimidating. The amount of stuff you got going in there... puts anything I built to shame. The most impressive was your multi-coloured sheep pen. I couldn't help but say "Holy ****ing ****!" when I saw it.

Bureaucratically Efficient Senior Member TinCow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spankythehippo View Post
    I must say, walking into your farm was very intimidating. The amount of stuff you got going in there... puts anything I built to shame. The most impressive was your multi-coloured sheep pen. I couldn't help but say "Holy ****ing ****!" when I saw it.
    That's why I built the place. I love building devices to automate various parts of Minecraft, and I like having some kind of 'farm' for as many different materials as I can. Even if I'm not going to use them, I like just building them. As large as my first home was, I totally ran out of room for this stuff. Part of the reason I chose to build underground was because I could expand almost infinitely. The farm area itself is currently in the middle of being remodeled. I had to dig out the back of the area to fit the sheep farm in. Doing so meant I had to move my tree farming area, which I have not yet restored. I decide to place that where my old animal pens were, which meant I had to raise the ceiling in the entire place and move the animal pens. Moving the animal pens meant moving the cactus farm as well. Since I was going to knock them down anyway, I decided to upgrade them in the process and make them nicer. I also knocked down my mushroom farm and am about to knock down the netherwart farm as well. Both of those will be relocated to a more space-efficient location. I also plan on converting all of the lighting to glowstone. I don't want to have a single torch in the entire structure, but I've put off doing the glowstone lighting in there for six months because it's so much more difficult to integrate it in an area like that where the glowstone can't really be in the ground.
    Last edited by TinCow; 11-05-2012 at 02:08.

TreeAssist has received an update, so I have reinstalled and re-enabled it. It appears to be working properly, but I will be monitoring the console for errors. Please report any issues you encounter.

[edit] Oh, difficulty has also been set to normal (from easy). The damage increases for zombies, skeletons, and spiders from this change are relatively small. Creepers, zombie pigmen, and endermen hit noticeably harder now, so be careful around them. In addition, the standard poison effect is now enabled for cave spiders and the wither effect is enabled for wither skeletons and the Wither. Good luck!
    Last edited by TinCow; 11-06-2012 at 14:20.

Members thankful for this post (3):

Enlightened Despot Member Vladimir's Avatar

I died again taking 30 more levels and 5 diamonds to a firery end. Probably because I don't have a plan yet on what to do. I may take several breaks to recover morale and get a clue.

Reinvent the British and you get a global finance center, edible food and better service. Reinvent the French and you may just get more Germans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Maniac From Mars
    How do you motivate your employees? Waterboarding, of course.
    Ik hou van ferme grieten en dikke pinten
    Down with dried flowers!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir View Post
    I died again taking 30 more levels and 5 diamonds to a firery end. Probably because I don't have a plan yet on what to do. I may take several breaks to recover morale and get a clue.
    It takes less than 20 minutes to get 30 levels in my new XP farm. Feel free to use it as much as you want.

Thank you. Getting careless wandering around without a plan makes me careless. I'll stop by your underground lair.

Reinvent the British and you get a global finance center, edible food and better service. Reinvent the French and you may just get more Germans.
    Down with dried flowers!

TreeAssist has received an update, so I have reinstalled and re-enabled it. It appears to be working properly, but I will be monitoring the console for errors. Please report any issues you encounter.

[edit] Oh, difficulty has also been set to normal (from easy). The damage increases for zombies, skeletons, and spiders from this change are relatively small. Creepers, zombie pigmen, and endermen hit noticeably harder now, so be careful around them. In addition, the standard poison effect is now enabled for cave spiders and the wither effect is enabled for wither skeletons and the Wither. Good luck!
    I have been waiting for this. I dreaded tree farming because it was so slow. This is going to make it a lot faster. Thanks TC!

That will prove rather handy for my next project - my initial rough estimate has it using around 80 stacks of wood blocks (not planks) .

Also, expect repeated deaths from cave spiders from me in the near future, as I try to scrounge up 12 stacks of coal (somebody remind me why I sold that amount for near-useless emeralds, please).

Quote Originally Posted by Ishmael View Post
    Also, expect repeated deaths from cave spiders from me in the near future, as I try to scrounge up 12 stacks of coal (somebody remind me why I sold that amount for near-useless emeralds, please).
    I've got more coal than I can use. I'd be happy to trade you 12 stacks (or even more) if you've got some extra redstone you don't mind parting with.

I've got more coal than I can use. I'd be happy to trade you 12 stacks (or even more) if you've got some extra redstone you don't mind parting with.
    Deal!

Incidentally, is anybody else having a problem whereby they can't sleep in a bed with an item equipped?
    Seems to have fixed itself - probably just lag

EDIT: Would anybody happen to know who's semi-developed the islands at (977, -388) and (1212, -829)? I'm vaguely curious about them.
    Last edited by Ishmael; 11-08-2012 at 03:31.

Whoa, who built that village at X = 5192 Z = 1105? That is dangerously close to the tundra I claimed for myself, but have no plans on doing anything about.

Dragonslayer Emeritus Senior Member Sigurd's Avatar

Alright....

What do I have to do to join you on the server?
    My two girls have been bugging me about getting minecraft, but I am unsure as I don't have the faintest idea of how the real game is played. Apparently you need to purchase an account to join the public game.

This is a private server - how does that work?
    I did test a free browser version and built this: unfortunately the browser froze just a minute later and I was not able to finish my epic castle with a three tower level keep and a monster wall with a moat.

Status Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Sigurd View Post
    Alright....

My two girls have been bugging me about getting minecraft, but I am unsure as I don't have the faintest idea of how the real game is played. Apparently you need to purchase an account to join the public game.

I did test a free browser version and built this: unfortunately the browser froze just a minute later and I was not able to finish my epic castle with a three tower level keep and a monster wall with a moat.

You buy the game. Then you perform the The Metallic Sacrament to call upon the divine bovine. (i.e. You tell TinCow your username)

Alright....

In that screenshot, you are playing creative mode, which is very different from the server. Creative mode gives you infinite blocks and you can fly around and are invulnerable. It's for being purely creative and building fun things. The server, however, runs in survival mode. In survival mode, you start the game with nothing but your fists and have to obtain every single block and resource. You are not invulnerable and instead have a health and hunger bar. If your health reaches 0, you die and drop everything you were carrying, then respawning at your spawn point. When your hunger bar is high, you regenerate health. When it is low, you lose health. There are many hostile monsters as well which will kill you. In general, they spawn in the dark so you're safe on the surface during day time but it gets dangerous at night and underground. You gather blocks and combine them to make other things. Here's an example of a typical game-starting item sequence:

Punch trees to get wood blocks.
    Convert wood blocks to wood planks.
    Use wood planks to build a crafting table (which is used for all crafting below).
    Convert wood planks to sticks.
    Combine wood planks and sticks to make a wood pickaxe.
    Use wood pickaxe to mine stone.
    Combine cobblestone and stick to make a stone pickaxe.
    Mine coal.
    Combine sticks and coal to make a torch.
    Combine wood planks to make a wood door.
    Dig a hole in the side of a hill, put the door at the front, and stick torches inside to light the area. Spend the night inside your mud mining randomly because it's too dangerous outside.
    Emerge into daylight and explore the world.

There is no real 'point' to Minecraft, it's simply about creativity and construction. You can build some incredible structures and machines. There is a primitive 'electricity' system in the game, known as redstone. There are three separate dimensions, the Overworld, the Nether, and the End. It's a rather remarkable game. I've been playing for a year and a half now and I'm still in love with it. Few games have lasted that long for me, and the game is constantly adding new and interesting things.

The server itself is just a way for multiple people to play in the same world. Instead of living in solitude by yourself, we share a gigantic world and cooperate. It's still dangerous and we die frequently, but we have the pleasure of being able to share what we build with other people. We've also tamed some sections of the world. The initial starting area for new players is now almost completely safe, with roads, railroads, and portals to transport you around in relative safety. There's even a hotel for new players which is stocked with basic resources to help you get on your feet.

The Minecraft Wiki is essential. There is no game manual and no tutorial. If you want to know what you need to craft a certain item, the wiki is where you should look.

Alright....

Aha!
    I haven't logged into the server in months, but nice to see another one from the WoT thread joining. This past year my online gaming time has been spent entirely playing either Minecraft or WoT!
    Maybe we can do a joint project someday and create an IS4 model out of stone

The horizon is nothing save the limit of our sight.

Quote Originally Posted by spankythehippo View Post
    Whoa, who built that village at X = 5192 Z = 1105? That is dangerously close to the tundra I claimed for myself, but have no plans on doing anything about.
    That one at the far eastern edge by that massive tundra. That's me. Just building the basics and developing ideas.

Down with dried flowers!

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir View Post
    If it makes you feel better, I just lost the most awesome tool ever. I manufactured an Efficiency IV, Unbreaking III, Fortune III diamond pickaxe and named it Erik Oresbane. It was so powerful that the last few additions to the thing all cost 30+ levels. It took 39 levels just to rename it, and I easily spent a total of 140+ levels on the thing, and probably 20 diamonds on the various picks and repairs. All vaporized in a lava accident that I'm still unsure of how it happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishmael View Post
    EDIT: Would anybody happen to know who's semi-developed the islands at (977, -388) and (1212, -829)? I'm vaguely curious about them.
    The first one was me. I was planning on building a massive public mob spawner there for harvesting of materials, mainly gunpowder, but got distracted before I actually began construction. It's one of several projects still on my to-do list.

The second one was made by two people who joined the server very early on before it had a white-list. They looted everything in the noob hotel, down to the walls, and sailed out there and started building underground. They were banned shortly thereafter and the white-list was added. The island is artificial, I believe.
    Last edited by TinCow; 11-10-2012 at 14:58.

The problem is that I lost mine in an unfortunate smelting incident.

Down with dried flowers!

I have added two new plugins to the server:

(1) EnderHome. If you hold an Ender Pearl in your hand and right click you will now teleport to your spawn point (your bed, or the main spawn if you haven't used a bed or the bed has been removed). The pearl gets used up in the process.

(2) MobCatcher. You can now capture most mobs in the game in spawn eggs. To do this, you must left click on the mob with an egg in your hand. The egg will be used up and you will gain a spawn egg in your inventory of the creature type that you captured. Every single capture also requires two ender pearls, which must be in your inventory when you make the capture. The pearls will be consumed in the process. You can capture any mob in the game, peaceful or hostile, except the Enderdragon and the Wither.
    Last edited by TinCow; 11-10-2012 at 17:49.

Member thankful for this post:

I bought an account, but I am still totally n00b in this. I used my sigurd.org email and I think my user is SigurdOrg
    Status Emeritus

I bought an account, but I am still totally n00b in this. I used my sigurd.org email and I think my user is SigurdOrg
    I have whitelisted you, you should be able to connect now.

Welcome to the server! You can always stay at the Noob Hotel for a while until you get your bearings - it's in a fairly safe part of town, and has some food, torches and stuff you can borrow (before it seems I'm taking credit, it was all Tincow's work). Look for the largeish building with the flashing sign.

I have added two new plugins to the server:

(1) EnderHome. If you hold an Ender Pearl in your hand and right click you will now teleport to your spawn point (your bed, or the main spawn if you haven't used a bed or the bed has been removed). The pearl gets used up in the process.

(2) MobCatcher. You can now capture most mobs in the game in spawn eggs. To do this, you must left click on the mob with an egg in your hand. The egg will be used up and you will gain a spawn egg in your inventory of the creature type that you captured. Every single capture also requires two ender pearls, which must be in your inventory when you make the capture. The pearls will be consumed in the process. You can capture any mob in the game, peaceful or hostile, except the Enderdragon and the Wither.
    **** YES! That second plugin is going to help me so much. This gives a purpose to Ender pearls, which I have been stocking up.

Okay, 'fess up - did somebody die from lava whilst exploring my abandoned mine the other day?

I finished the Arena scoreboard. I moved it to the opposite side of the arena so that it could be viewed (and operated) from the side closest to the entrance, to save people from having to walk further. Here's a view from the control room:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scoreboard.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	374.9 KB 
ID:	7757

Due to the distance the signals have to travel, the scoreboards are a bit sluggish and it takes a couple seconds for the display to update after you press the buttons.
    Last edited by TinCow; 11-11-2012 at 16:24.

Member thankful for this post:

Senior Member Senior Member Fisherking's Avatar

Wow! How many chickens does that Arena hold?

Education: that which reveals to the wise,
    and conceals from the stupid,
    the vast limits of their knowledge.
    Mark Twain

The very model of a modern Moderator Xiahou's Avatar

I decided to take a break from Fallen Enchantress and check out the scoreboard and what other developments have gone down.... Imagine my surprise when I spawned in a wall that someone had thoughtfully built on top of me.

The scoreboard is impressive. Also the rail system has grown and improved since last I rode on it. One of these days I really need to get some time and a clue so I can actually contribute rather than just sight see.
    "Don't believe everything you read online."
    -Abraham Lincoln

Just seen a joke.

What is Minecraft?

It's Hitlers' lesser known second book on his love of knitting.
    There are times I wish they’d just ban everything- baccy and beer, burgers and bangers, and all the rest- once and for all. Instead, they creep forward one apparently tiny step at a time. It’s like being executed with a bacon slicer.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.”

To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticise.

"The purpose of a university education for Left / Liberals is to attain all the politically correct attitudes towards minorties, and the financial means to live as far away from them as possible."

Alright...

I just spent about 30 min on the server and i must say... WOW. That Arena (Only building other than the hotel that I've visited) is one amazing building. You guys must have spent some time making those bricks
    I tried the "subway" getting to the Arena and back. Again I was wow'ed.

So far in the singleplayer, I've pretty much done mining... Man that eats up your manhours. I've even made a minetrack with carts to transport out the massive amounts of dirt and cobble stone mining produces. I've been "lucky" so far with only one accident falling into my lava hole (for lavabuckets) with all my diamond tools and level 34 exp.
    I only realized after wondering why my character never grew hungry or that I never met any monsters in my tunnelling - that the SP game was set to peaceful difficulty.

Oh, well...
    Now, which direction leads to untouched land on the server?
    Status Emeritus

Now, which direction leads to untouched land on the server?
    This is a map of the server. There is a permanent link to it in the OP, and the map gets updated every couple days. You can tell which areas are untouched by going to night mode. Anything that is unlit has never been settled, and much if it has never even been explored.

Page 39 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast