Page 41 of 87 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 2594

Thread: Org Minecraft Server

Dragonslayer Emeritus Senior Member Sigurd's Avatar

Default Re: Org Minecraft Server

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir View Post
    Did you or a mob jump on it?
    This might be it.. as I have water running right past the farmland it was planted in..
    Status Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Sigurd View Post
    This might be it.. as I have water running right past the farmland it was planted in..
    Don't forget that you can grow crops underground, which protects them from that sort of thing.

Bureaucratically Efficient Senior Member TinCow's Avatar

FYI, if you can't get onto the server it's because someone is DDoSing Mojang's authentication server, which prevents all MP connections. Check here for its status:
    http://xpaw.ru/mcstatus/

That server being down prevents you from logging on, though it doesn't prevent you from staying on. So, if you manage to get on the server you might want to avoid logging off or you'll have difficulty getting back on.

The very model of a modern Moderator Xiahou's Avatar

I see there's a 1.4.5 pre-release out already. It seems 1.4.4 broke some things on the client side. I know mine was much more glitchy after updating to 1.4.4
    "Don't believe everything you read online."
    -Abraham Lincoln

Do you want to see my big Member spankythehippo's Avatar

So, I decided to tour TC's private quarters in his lair. His bathroom is most impressive.

This is me taking a shower.

This is me taking a bath.

This is me taking a dump.

And this is me washing my hands after taking a dump.

The very model of a modern Moderator Xiahou's Avatar

By the way, Mob Arena seems bugged now. When you get a wave with a skeleton in it, they burst into flames. And when they die.... nothing happens- the next wave never comes.
    "Don't believe everything you read online."
    -Abraham Lincoln

Confirmed. This appears to be an issue with MobArena following 1.4.4. I will have to removed Skeletons from the waves until they fix this.

Quote Originally Posted by spankythehippo View Post
    So, I decided to tour TC's private quarters in his lair. His bathroom is most impressive.
    And now we know why we can't find any glowstone in the nether...
    Status Emeritus

There is plenty of glowstone in the Nether, everyone else is just afraid to go searching for it.

I have turbo-charged my XP farm by adding a second level of spawner rooms below the first level. You can't see the new rooms from the killing area, but the new spawners are still within range of the old floor so all six are now activated at once by standing in that area. Each vertical pair of two is controlled by the same button, so it operates exactly the same just at double the mob volume. I also managed to get two more skeleton spawners for it, so it's now running three skeletons spawners and three zombie spawners. Here are the results of a new test run from 0xp and a cold start (lights on, no mobs in the system):

5 minutes = Level 22
    8.5 minutes = Level 30

By comparison, here are the stats on the old system:

Quote Originally Posted by TinCow View Post
    5 minutes = Level 14
    10 minutes = Level 24
    15 minutes = Level 28
    19 minutes - Level 30
    The additional skeleton spawners also significantly increase the rate of useful drops. When I hit level 30, I had also gotten about two full stacks each of arrows and bones. So, it should produce a stack of arrows and bones about every 4 to 4.5 minutes.

Now I just need to install a third level of spawners on top of the existing ones to get it really fast.

Last edited by TinCow; 11-19-2012 at 12:40.

There is plenty of glowstone in the Nether, everyone else is just afraid to go searching for it.
    Yeah... I saw them around the netherstone fortress... just being a smartalec.
    Status Emeritus

Just checking TC - does your xp farm still work if one is AFK, and just checks in every ten minutes or so to kill everything? Or do you have to kill all the mobs as they spawn, so that there are never 6 or more within the spawning area?

EDIT: Incidentally, I have a spare zombie spawner gathering dust somewhere if you need it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishmael View Post
    Just checking TC - does your xp farm still work if one is AFK, and just checks in every ten minutes or so to kill everything? Or do you have to kill all the mobs as they spawn, so that there are never 6 or more within the spawning area?
    If you've switched it on they'll keep spawning regardless of whether you're killing them or not. However, I strongly recommend you do not AFK with it activated for more than a minute or so. The mobs accumulate so quickly if you are not killing them that it will start to lag the entire server if you let it get out of hand.

If you've switched it on they'll keep spawning regardless of whether you're killing them or not. However, I strongly recommend you do not AFK with it activated for more than a minute or so. The mobs accumulate so quickly if you are not killing them that it will start to lag the entire server if you let it get out of hand.
    I went AFK with the Arena spawner for about half an hour. I had no lag with that. But you're supercharged spawner seems like it will lag a lot.

Enlightened Despot Member Vladimir's Avatar

Exactly. He apparently cornered the villager market too. ;-)

Reinvent the British and you get a global finance center, edible food and better service. Reinvent the French and you may just get more Germans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Maniac From Mars
    How do you motivate your employees? Waterboarding, of course.
    Ik hou van ferme grieten en dikke pinten
    Down with dried flowers!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Exactly. He apparently cornered the villager market too. ;-)
    I have not obtained a single piece of glowstone from a villager.

I have not obtained a single piece of glowstone from a villager.
    Whoa, relax. Just kidding.

Reinvent the British and you get a global finance center, edible food and better service. Reinvent the French and you may just get more Germans.
    Down with dried flowers!

I am sure you guys have considered this as you have played the game for this long...
    What about a production plug in like power craft?

The only thing I wish for really is a mechanism to crush stone into items that you can pick up. And I can't find any in vanilla minecraft.
    The mining part to get stone for my castle is taking many man hours and I would like to make a machine that makes ready to go stone.
    Status Emeritus

I am sure you guys have considered this as you have played the game for this long...
    What about a production plug in like power craft?

The only thing I wish for really is a mechanism to crush stone into items that you can pick up. And I can't find any in vanilla minecraft.
    The mining part to get stone for my castle is taking many man hours and I would like to make a machine that makes ready to go stone.
    Ask TC if you can use his cobblestone. He always seems to have a surplus. Far more than you can carry.

Down with dried flowers!

Yeah, I've got about 15 chests of cobble. You're welcome to take a large quantity (10+ chests) if you'd like.

I like the various industrial mods, but I'm wary about them because of balance. I try to keep everything in the game very balanced in terms of effort to obtain. I find that balance like that is important to keep everything we build 'impressive.' Some of the production mods eventually get to a point where you might as well be playing in creative mode. That seems like it would cheapen the development that has been done. The only time I've been ok with a system that does stuff like that is the sand generator, and that's just because obtaining sand/sandstone requires strip mining the deserts which looks absolutely hideous and ruins the area. I figure the sand generator is an acceptable sin to avoid the strip mining desert blight.

I've never looked at Power Craft specifically, so I'll take a look at it and see if it looks balanced for the server.

Alternatively, enchant a diamond pickaxe with Efficiency IV and then chug a haste potion. Stone will evaporate in front of you.

Branch mining is fun and often produces a lot of cobblestone, just watch out for lava.

Sigurd if you need a good mining pick you can take one of the Efficiency/Unbreaking ones in my southern village. I also left an Efficiency IV or two at TC's place while I was using his XP farm. I used the anvil to create a pretty powerful composite.

Down with dried flowers!

Yeah, I've got about 15 chests of cobble. You're welcome to take a large quantity (10+ chests) if you'd like.

I've never looked at Power Craft specifically, so I'll take a look at it and see if it looks balanced for the server.
    If it is not balanced (not tried it myself, just threw out an example), then so be it. No hard feelings.

Alternatively, enchant a diamond pickaxe with Efficiency IV and then chug a haste potion. Stone will evaporate in front of you.
    I just happen to have one... But I would like it to get unbreakable AND silk touch (sic?) on it.
    The 30 exp that I lost in the minecart accident between Arena and the n00b hotel and that you kindly restored to me got me Efficiency IV on the diamond pick axe I brought. (I walked the line, but found only half the gear I brought. There should be a diamond pick axe, diamond sword and a gold helmet somewhere on the line between Arena and n00b hotel. If found - they are mine)

Branch mining is fun and often produces a lot of cobblestone, just watch out for lava.

Sigurd if you need a good mining pick you can take one of the Efficiency/Unbreaking ones in my southern village. I also left an Efficiency IV or two at TC's place while I was using his XP farm. I used the anvil to create a pretty powerful composite.
    I made a working smooth stone generator on the top of my mountain, so I shouldn't lack for raw materials. If it could only be supplied with a stone crusher...
    A diamond pick axe with unbreakable, efficiency and silk touch, would make it an unlimited source of smooth stone for my castle walls.
    Status Emeritus

I made a working smooth stone generator on the top of my mountain, so I shouldn't lack for raw materials. If it could only be supplied with a stone crusher...
    I've contemplated installing this mod before. If I did, I think it could do what you're looking for. All you'd have to do would be to hook up the end of your smooth stone generator to a piston pushing into a chest. The generator would then just keep adding stone into the chest and you'd be able to pull it out without mining. At least, I think that's how it would work.

I've contemplated installing this mod before. If I did, I think it could do what you're looking for. All you'd have to do would be to hook up the end of your smooth stone generator to a piston pushing into a chest. The generator would then just keep adding stone into the chest and you'd be able to pull it out without mining. At least, I think that's how it would work.
    Yeah.. and with the limit of .. was it 13 stone a piston could push out.. you could potentially have 13 chests sitting along the column of smooth stone and have the pistons activated as soon as the column reached the max length.
    The generator can push stone vertically OR horizontally
    Last edited by Sigurd; 11-20-2012 at 15:41.
    Status Emeritus

Yeah.. and with the limit of .. was it 13 stone a piston could push out.. you could potentially have 13 chests sitting along the column of smooth stone and have the pistons activated as soon as the column reached the max length.
    I didn't think of using it with multiple chests in that way, but that's very clever. I'll install the plugin later today.

A diamond pick axe with unbreakable, efficiency and silk touch, would make it an unlimited source of smooth stone for my castle walls.
    Silk Touch seems to be rare enough that it may be better to smelt cobblestone. The XP generated is also nice.

Down with dried flowers!

Server updated to 1.4.5, PistonChest installed, MobArena skeletons fixed.

[edit]PistonChest disabled... it was causing serious server issues. This is likely a compatibility issue with 1.4.5 and will hopefully be fixed soon.
    Last edited by TinCow; 11-20-2012 at 23:24.

So is there an easy way to adapt the sand generator to work with the current version, or should I have a shot at making the one Tincow posted a page or so back?

AFAIK, there is no way to generate sand in the current version of the game.

AFAIK, there is no way to generate sand in the current version of the game.
    Phew! Good thing I stocked up on sandstone as a precaution.

Aridhol, if you need smooth sandstone, I have plenty. But I'm not sure how much I need.

Page 41 of 87 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast