Page 45 of 87 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 2594

Thread: Org Minecraft Server

Bureaucratically Efficient Senior Member TinCow's Avatar

Default Re: Org Minecraft Server

When I first generated the discworld, I searched the map for a while and wrote down coordinates to a bunch of stuff I found in this post. It includes a third Desert Temple: X= -3750 Z= 2888

If you'd like to feel inadequate about your Minecraft constructions, watch this:

Even for a creative mode server, that's pretty insane.

Dragonslayer Emeritus Senior Member Sigurd's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel View Post
    Also, Sigurd, where is your castle located? We seem to be in similar timezones and I may drop by for a visit sometime.
    I am at about -1100/-1100
    Status Emeritus

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spankythehippo View Post
    I found a desert temple at x = 91 z = 3290. It's the only one I found.

EDIT: Found another one at x = 380 z = 3657. Pretty close to the first one.
    There's nothing in the temple at x = 91 z = 3290 I went there the day before yesterday and accidentally blew myself up. All the treasure and my stuff was destroyed in the explosion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Please note that Minecraft 1.4.6 has been released, but there is no Bukkit version yet. As such, I cannot upgrade the server yet. 1.4.6 clients cannot connect to 1.4.5 servers, so do not upgrade your client yet or you won't be able to connect to the server.

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

PistonChest doesn't seem to be working.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

I am waiting for the nether brick slabs
    Status Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Csargo View Post
    PistonChest doesn't seem to be working.
    Likely a side-effect of the update to 1.4.5-R1.0. That update, and the coming 1.4.6 update, appear to break a lot of plugins. There's nothing I can do about it but wait for the plugin devs to update their code.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigurd View Post
    I am waiting for the nether brick slabs
    The first Bukkit build of 1.4.6 has been released, but early reports indicate it's got significant problems so I've chosen not to install it just yet. Hopefully it will be improved to a more stable state in a day or two.

Enlightened Despot Member Vladimir's Avatar

Hopefully an economy plugin will eventually work with new versions. I've been using emerald as decoration

Reinvent the British and you get a global finance center, edible food and better service. Reinvent the French and you may just get more Germans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Maniac From Mars
    How do you motivate your employees? Waterboarding, of course.
    Ik hou van ferme grieten en dikke pinten
    Down with dried flowers!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir View Post
    Hopefully an economy plugin will eventually work with new versions. I've been using emerald as decoration
    I plan on installing this plugin once it's been fixed up. I've been following the recent work on it and it seems to be going well, but has significant bugs that prevent me from installing it just yet.

Oh well. Until then I shall continue to flaunt my outrageous wealth.

Reinvent the British and you get a global finance center, edible food and better service. Reinvent the French and you may just get more Germans.
    Down with dried flowers!

Sigurd, if you mark out a 13x13 area in or near your castle, I'll build a rail station there and run a line to it from the network.

Quote Originally Posted by TinCow View Post
    Sigurd, if you mark out a 13x13 area in or near your castle, I'll build a rail station there and run a line to it from the network.
    I shall search for a suitable spot... how tall does it need to be?

I have the spot... I have encircled it with red torches.
    Standing in the middle of this 13x13 square I have x= -1041, z= -1157 and y = 67. It is on the same floor as my "farm"
    Last edited by Sigurd; 12-21-2012 at 21:22.
    Status Emeritus

I needs to be about 5 high, though I think I could manage with 4 if necessary. That's open space.

The server has been upgraded to 1.4.6. Go ahead and update your clients now. PistonChest is still disabled, but the developer has finished a new version that he claims works with 1.4.6, and it is simply waiting to be approved by the bukkit team. It will likely be available today or tomorrow.

[edit] Please be aware that the Sand Generator is once again non-functional.
    Last edited by TinCow; 12-22-2012 at 16:43.

PistonChest has been updated and once again works. It's a bit different than before though, and the developer hasn't updated the plugin description yet so I'll give you a brief rundown here. First, all pistons work like normal when they are placed, which means they don't push anything into chests or pull stuff out of them. To give them extra abilities, you need to use console commands. Here are the relevant commands:

/pcability list - Lists all PistonChest commands
    /pcability [add/remove] chest_access - Adds or Removes the ability for a piston to push blocks into a chest.
    /pcability [add/remove] chest_access - Adds or Removes the ability for a piston to push blocks into a chest.
    /pcability [add/remove] chest_dispenser - Adds or Removes the ability for a piston to pull blocks out of a chest.
    /pcability [add/remove] super_push - Adds or Removes the ability for a piston to 'Super Push'

Super Push, as described by the dev:
    One cool feature you can try is the super_push ability which basically launches blocks and entities from the piston. (Surround the piston in obsidian to make it stronger)
    and yes it can launch players too. This ability combined with the chest_access ability allows players to shoot objects into chests :-)

Super Pusher doesnt work unless it is directly powered. Otherwise it leaves a weird block. (Piston <- Repeater <- power)
    [edit] Sand generators work now as well.
    Last edited by TinCow; 12-22-2012 at 19:52.

Unfortunately, PistonChest appears to have crashed the server twice now. There are clearly issues with the new version so I've disabled it once again.

As a heads-up, the server will be offline for a significant period today. I will be changing the OS of the server to Linux to improve performance. Hopefully this won't take more than a few hours, but don't be surprised if the server is offline for most of the evening.
    Last edited by TinCow; 12-23-2012 at 15:39.

I notice that the world map interprets nether brick slabs as ordinary stone slabs. no biggie..
    Status Emeritus

There's nothing I can do about the map until the software itself is updated to include nether brick slabs.

The server is now offline for the upgrade. It will likely be down for several hours.

The very model of a modern Moderator Xiahou's Avatar

What distro are you going with?
    "Don't believe everything you read online."
    -Abraham Lincoln

Ubuntu desktop. This will be my first ever Linux install. I'm all tingly in anticipation.

The very model of a modern Moderator Xiahou's Avatar

I know enough about Linux to get myself into trouble.
    I put a couple squid caching servers in at work. I'm a pretty big fan of Linux Mint right now. It actually has a desktop interface that's intuitive and familiar to Windows users.

The last time I tried Ubuntu, I was not at all a fan of the Unity desktop.
    Let me know how you take to it.
    "Don't believe everything you read online."
    -Abraham Lincoln

The installation was super easy, but it's taking a while to figure out how to use the thing. The oddest experience of them all was that there was no easy way to access the command prompt from the default desktop setup. I fixed that relatively easily, but that seems like a rather obvious oversight.

The server is now back online. It is now running on Linux, which should make it faster by itself, and it now has access to 3gb of RAM, as opposed to the 1.5gb it was limited to previously. Hopefully this will improve performance. Linux gives me a lot more flexibility, so I plan to add automated backups and automated map updates as well, though it may take me a while to get those things working. I'm learning Linux as I go, so it takes a fair amount of google-fu to get anything done at the moment.

I've got other tweaks I need to do to restore home media center functionality which I am going to start on now. As a result, the server may lag or go offline on random occasions. If anyone is online I will notify you before I do this.

Server will be down for some work for a few hours.

Server is online again, apologies for the downtime.

PistonChest and MobCatcher are both online again. Please test both and let me know if they're working properly. PistonChest also has more functions now than it used to. Check out the plugin page for more info. The villager balance plugin update is in the works and should hopefully be ready soon.
    Last edited by TinCow; 12-27-2012 at 00:51.

I have added the Rebalance Villagers plugin, which overhauls the trading system. Villagers now have far more sensible prices for pretty much everything. It takes a lot of 'common' and easily renewable items to sell for a single emerald, while rare and harder to obtain items have better selling prices. Purchases are also scaled, so that a single emerald can purchase multiple 'cheap' items, while it takes correspondingly larger numbers of emeralds for more significant items. In addition, trades no longer go inactive after they have been used. All villagers start with a single trade as normal and unlock more trades as per the vanilla method. However, trading large quantities of an item no longer disables specific trades. Once a trade is active, it's there for good. The system also recognizes 'blocks' of items. For example, if it takes 9 emeralds to purchase something, you can trade it by either putting 9 emeralds or 1 emerald block in the trade window.

There is a caveat to these changes, however: they only apply to new trades. All existing trades will remain at the old, unbalanced prices and disabled trades remain disabled until you enable them once with trading the next tier item (though they will not go inactive again). All new trades that are generated will use the new pricing and will never disable. The best way to handle this is to kill off your existing villagers and let them repopulate your villages. Doing that will produce an entire village with the new prices. Unfortunately, there seems to be a bug with the plugin such that any villagers spawned with the spawn egg come out as farmers. As such, I cannot repopulate your villages for you manually, unless all you want it a lot of food trading. You'll have to do the dirt work of slaughtering your villagers and letting them reproduce yourselves. The best way to handle this is to simply butcher all but 2 or 4 villagers, then idle in the village for a long time to let them repopulate. Once you've got a fair number of new adults around, then slaughter the last few oldies.
    Last edited by TinCow; 12-28-2012 at 17:11.

Remember that killing villagers has negative repercussions in that village. You can acquire a negative reputation to the point that you're essentially PNG.

Great news though! I figured the changes wouldn't be retroactive.

TC: Can you capture villagers with Mobcatcher? It captures baby animals and should retain villager professions. Killing and repopulating isn't very viable.

Down with dried flowers!

Page 45 of 87 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast