Page 47 of 87 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 2594

Thread: Org Minecraft Server

Enlightened Despot Member Vladimir's Avatar

Default Re: Org Minecraft Server

Two blaze farms? Didn't know about the second. I'm sure we will find more and it would be fun to explore. I'm really glad I didn't build that Nether village yet.

Reinvent the British and you get a global finance center, edible food and better service. Reinvent the French and you may just get more Germans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Maniac From Mars
    How do you motivate your employees? Waterboarding, of course.
    Ik hou van ferme grieten en dikke pinten
    Down with dried flowers!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Dragonslayer Emeritus Senior Member Sigurd's Avatar

Ok.... I found two weird blocks in my new stone generator (which is finally working).

One looks like paper and might be a very thin stone sheet (It looks like it when I hold it and left click)
    The other looks like a white star but says red stone dust when hovering the cursor over it.
    Status Emeritus

Do you want to see my big Member spankythehippo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sigurd View Post
    Ok.... I found two weird blocks in my new stone generator (which is finally working).

One looks like paper and might be a very thin stone sheet (It looks like it when I hold it and left click)
    The other looks like a white star but says red stone dust when hovering the cursor over it.
    I believe the star thing was the first sprite for Redstone dust.

In regards to the Nether regeneration, I'm all for it. I don't think I've left my place in a long time.

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

I'm fine with regenerating the nether, the blaze farm wasn't that difficult to build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Bureaucratically Efficient Senior Member TinCow's Avatar

Seems we're all generally for it then. I won't be regenerating the Nether until after 1.5 has been released for bukkit, which I expect is probably weeks away if not longer. Once the 1.5 pre-release is announced I'll let you guys know so that you can start stripping the existing Nether of any resources you want to salvage before it gets wiped.

Travelling Knight Content Manager Nigel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TinCow View Post
    ... Linux gives me a lot more flexibility, so I plan to add automated backups and automated map updates as well, .....
    Are the older maps still available? Are they getting saved somewhere or are they overwritten?

It would be cool if we were able to still view them sometime and see how our world has developed over the years - from a small hut to a big city.

Clearing the Nether is fine by me. It gives me an excuse to put off improvements to the roads to my portals that I'd been planning .

By the way, I think that second blaze spawner belongs to luxfx. Not sure if he still plays on this server.

But it was on sale!! Member Scienter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ishmael View Post
    Clearing the Nether is fine by me. It gives me an excuse to put off improvements to the roads to my portals that I'd been planning .

By the way, I think that second blaze spawner belongs to luxfx. Not sure if he still plays on this server.
    He plays from time to time, he's pretty busy IRL right now.

I'm not thrilled about having to redo all the Nether roads but it's worth it to get the new blocks and replenish the glowstone!
    Hungry? Check out my cooking blog!
    http://thekitchenfrog.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel View Post
    Are the older maps still available? Are they getting saved somewhere or are they overwritten?

It would be cool if we were able to still view them sometime and see how our world has developed over the years - from a small hut to a big city.
    They're still available in the sense that I still have the backups of them. Putting them online to play around in isn't really an option though, as doing so requires running a second server. I don't think my server is capable of running two instances of Minecraft simultaneously, which means that they only way to see the old worlds in-game would be to take the current server offline, which isn't ideal. If you'd like, I could temporarily put up a map of the old world at a previous point in its history. It's not something I would like to do permanently because the maps take up a fair amount of server space, but I could put an old one up for a week or two without any problems.

Well, since the Nether will be regenerated, might as well get all the help we can get. Another friend of mine is interested in joining the server.

Oh almighty TinCow! Grant Shin0bz access to this wondrous land abound in wonderful buildings and stupid deaths!

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Added them for you, Spanky.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

Rail system torn up. I'm ready for 1.5. Please save a copy before regenerating.

Reinvent the British and you get a global finance center, edible food and better service. Reinvent the French and you may just get more Germans.
    Down with dried flowers!

Quote Originally Posted by spankythehippo View Post
    ...this wondrous land abound in wonderful buildings and stupid deaths!
    LOL

I can be proud to say that, since I joined this server just before Christmas, I haven't died a single death yet - stupid or otherwise.

I have to say, though, that I have not managed to build a single building yet, either - wonderful or otherwise.

On a slightly more serious note:

.... I don't think my server is capable of running two instances of Minecraft simultaneously, which means that they only way to see the old worlds in-game would be to take the current server offline, which isn't ideal...
    Not sure I fully understand the issues involved. Or perhaps you are trying to say something different to what I was thinking. I was not thinking of having a second earlier world to walk around in or see a map of the old world in-game.

I was just thinking of looking at the "google maps version" of an older map, as we see it here on the first page of the forum thread.

https://forums.totalwar.org/minecraf...64/-148/-5/0/0

....If you'd like, I could temporarily put up a map of the old world at a previous point in its history. It's not something I would like to do permanently because the maps take up a fair amount of server space, but I could put an old one up for a week or two without any problems.
    Maybe that is more like what I had in mind.

The game seems to have been up since Nov. 2011 - just over 1 year.
    If you could pull out 12 maps - 1 from each month - and put them up one at a time over a few weeks, this would give a good overview of the development of our world so far. I would volunteer to take screenshots and compile a "Brief Illustrated History of OrgCraft", if people are interested.
    Last edited by Nigel; 01-07-2013 at 22:34.

I would volunteer to take screenshots and compile a "Brief Illustrated History of OrgCraft", if people are interested.
    That would be difficult, considering the random projects people do in the middle of nowhere. I still don't know where luxfx and Xiahou are located.

That would be difficult, considering the random projects people do in the middle of nowhere. I still don't know where luxfx and Xiahou are located.
    If the second Blaze farm is luxfx', I have been to his home. I think it is located under water and that his major area is placed in the nether... which is kinda cool. You make and obscure surface abode.. with a nether portal and keep the rest in the nether. Xiahou also spoke about building under water.

I am redoing my castle these days... which might take a while. I also want to make a medieval town around it. You can see that I have started mapping out a grid road system.
    Status Emeritus

Alright, here are some older maps. The first is from October 31, 2011, which is the day I put the server online. That map was a backup I made beforehand, so what you see is the state of the world at the moment I made the first post. It is not, however, empty. That is because I originally created the server for Scienter and myself and the two of us played around in it for a while on our LAN before I decided to open it up for more people. The other two maps are the first two backups, from November 6th and 12th respectively. I will leave these maps up for a few days and then take them down and replace them with maps of later backups.

October 31, 2011 Map
    November 6, 2011 Map
    November 12, 2011 Map

Note that the interface is not identical because I had to use a much older version of the mapping program to render maps created before MC switched to the new map format.

Thanks TinCow, it is great to see the world in the olden days.

Actually, spankythehippo is right. I could not do more than just record an overview of the main city and home in on some Regions Of Interest. I certainly could not claim to do justice to every player who has build on this server - especially, since many of the most impressive constructions are probably under ground or under water.

That said, if anyone wants me to record pictures of his home, or any particular area, that interests him, please let me know the coordinats. I guess this is a one time chance to get some pictures from the past

Thanks TinCow, it is great to see the world in the olden days.
    Yeah, it is. I was actually surprised by what showed up. I didn't think we'd built the first sections of the old style railway until a few months in, but the first two sections were already complete by week two. It's also funny to see a map of the world when we had no map. I didn't add the web map until December 10th, so we were pretty blind to the world for the first month and a half. I remember sailing across a large ocean exploring probably in early December and got very excited when I found the first NPC village, which was nothing more than two buildings. It turns out there was already a large village on the map by week 2, but we didn't even know it.

Ok, @TinCow, I have take all the pictures I wanted from those 3 maps. You may want to keep them up a bit longer if other people are also interested in looking at them, but for me it would be ok to change.

Also, I died my first death on this server today.
    Guess what! I ran into a Zombie inside the Assembly Hall. How could that happen?
    I have no idea how he got there, and I have no idea if he is still there.
    Can the monsters survive inside buildings during the day?

Then, when I respawned, I found myself in a very strange place.

Eventually, I figured out, that I was inside the electricity area of the Noob Hotel, right behind the glowstone hotel name. I clawd myself through the wood and stone with my fingernails and got back to my room in the end. I guess this is just due to the respawn having a certain random element to it.

Well, I guess this wont be the last time this is happening to me.
    Last edited by Nigel; 01-12-2013 at 23:15.

- double post -
    Last edited by Nigel; 01-12-2013 at 23:12.

Also, I died my first death on this server today.
    Guess what! I ran into a Zombie inside the Assembly Hall. How could that happen?
    I have no idea how he got there, and I have no idea if he is still there.
    Can the monsters survive inside buildings during the day?
    Monsters seems to come and go... I was attacked by three spiders today inside my castle... which is a first. I might have to take a round to see if there are any areas with bad lightning. Good thing I was armed with a sword with the spider-killing enchantment.

Then, when I respawned, I found myself in a very strange place.

Eventually, I figured out, that I was inside the electricity area of the Noob Hotel, right behind the glowstone hotel name. I clawd myself through the wood and stone with my fingernails and got back to my room in the end. I guess this is just due to the respawn having a certain random element to it.

Well, I guess this wont be the last time this is happening to me.
    Yeah... ain't that a female dog? the worst thing that happened to me was my youngest girl taking a stroll on this server with my character thinking that pressing esc. would pause the game.. like it "does" in creative mode. Yeah.. I was promptly dead when I went back to the game. And all my stuff completely gone including a very valuable pick-axe named Sigurd's Sharur. If anyone stumbles over it.. you would know who it belongs to. It is a diamond one with unbreaking III, Fortune III and Eficiency IV.
    Status Emeritus

I think it's gone. Maybe you could offer a sacrifice of gold and lapis to the Divine Bovine and beg His favor.

Down with dried flowers!

Old maps have been rotated. The previous ones are now gone. Here are two more:

November 21, 2011 Map
    December 5, 2011 Map

Just a quick question. I can't get my sand generator to work. Is the hack disabled in the 1.4.6 version of bukkit?
    And we are waiting for 1.5, right... passing over the new 1.4.7 that is threatening to update my client.

I have started stripping the edges of the desert that is closest to my castle as I need sand stone in my new design of my castle.
    Status Emeritus

The sand generator code was causing problems in the newest update so I disabled it. I'm not positive but I think there might be a conflict with pistonchest, such that we could have one or the other but not both. I'll do some more testing when I have time, but that likely won't be for a few more days.

You can update to 1.4.7, it won't impact your ability to play on the server.
    Last edited by TinCow; 01-16-2013 at 15:08.

The sand generator code was causing problems in the newest update so I disabled it. I'm not positive but I think there might be a conflict with pistonchest, such that we could have one or the other but not both. I'll do some more testing when I have time, but that likely won't be for a few more days.

You can update to 1.4.7, it won't impact your ability to play on the server.
    If it ends with a choice between the two - My vote will be to keep the piston chests. It's far easier to collect sand and fill in the pits with water than mining smooth stone.
    Status Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Sigurd View Post
    If it ends with a choice between the two - My vote will be to keep the piston chests. It's far easier to collect sand and fill in the pits with water than mining smooth stone.
    Blasphemy!

One level 30 silk touch pick will get you a lot of stone. There also is no shortage of fuel.

Down with dried flowers!

Between hoppers and the newly announced droppers, pistonchest itself may become unnecessary after 1.5. So much additional automation is going to be possible that I think I'll have to completely rebuild my workshop.

Between hoppers and the newly announced droppers, pistonchest itself may become unnecessary after 1.5. So much additional automation is going to be possible that I think I'll have to completely rebuild my workshop.
    Yep... it seems you can simply switch the pistons with the dropper where the piston chests are used.
    Status Emeritus

Page 47 of 87 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast