Page 51 of 87 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,530 of 2594

Thread: Org Minecraft Server

Dragonslayer Emeritus Senior Member Sigurd's Avatar

Default Re: Org Minecraft Server

Quote Originally Posted by spankythehippo View Post
    Now I need to find some mooshrooms...
    You'll find them in the sea around Ishmael's giant man. I was visiting last week and went by sea, and I ran into a few of them swimming around. Too bad I didn't bring any eggs.
    Status Emeritus

There should be a few wandering the mainland as well. Just make sure to take some wheat to compensate for the ones you take, because there's not that many. Unfortunately the nether access there is not exactly well signposted - I've been putting it off until after we scrap the Nether in 1.5.

Do you want to see my big Member spankythehippo's Avatar

I could get there by boat. That's not a problem. I'll make sure to compensate your mooshrooms. I will, in fact, attempt to repopulate the mooshrooms.

Bureaucratically Efficient Senior Member TinCow's Avatar

Sorry for the lack of a map update recently, I was out of town over the weekend. The map is now updated and I'm working in the next updates for the old maps.

[edit] Old maps now rotated. Current ones:
    June 5, 2012
    July 6, 2012
    Last edited by TinCow; 03-05-2013 at 19:53.

Travelling Knight Content Manager Nigel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Csargo View Post
    If you look in my storage room in the random chest there's a few. You can take some if you'd like.
    Quote Originally Posted by TinCow View Post
    I've got a full double chest of them from all my dungeon diving. You're welcome to take one. The chest is in my bedroom as I ran out of room in my super-rare stuff chest and haven't gotten around to renovating my workshop/storage room yet.
    Ah, so it seems that there is no shortage of saddles in this world – good.

Still, I prefer to trade or work for them. After all, where is the fun if you are getting everything you need for free and without any effort?

Since I probably don’t have anything that you guys don’t have already, I will do chores, errands or quests for you or the better good of the community. I will work in your mine, build a building, transport something from North to South, rescue a princess or whatever else needs to be done.

The Black Senior Member Papewaio's Avatar

Thanks for the map update. It seems to update the different layers differently. Closer you get the more up to date it is.

During the day map you can checkout my farm at X 1720, -1730 half of it pops into view at max resolution. My first tree hut and uber tree are to the right on the map. The newer one is to the left.

The night update shows where I've been trekking through... liberal use of torches looking for farm animals.
    Our genes maybe in the basement but it does not stop us chosing our point of view from the top.
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis VI the Fat
    Pape for global overlord!!
    Quote Originally Posted by English assassin
    Squid sources report that scientists taste "sort of like chicken"
    Quote Originally Posted by frogbeastegg View Post
    The rest is either as average as advertised or, in the case of the missionary, disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Papewaio View Post
    Thanks for the map update. It seems to update the different layers differently. Closer you get the more up to date it is.
    That's a browser cache issue. Any old images you are seeing are from your browser using cached images rather than the new ones. You should see your area on all zoom levels. If refreshing doesn't work, try clearing your cache.

F5 for the win. Thank you.
    Our genes maybe in the basement but it does not stop us chosing our point of view from the top.
    The rest is either as average as advertised or, in the case of the missionary, disappointing.

The 1.5 pre-release is now available, which means that the full release will probably be next week. Please remember that the server cannot upgrade until Bukkit upgrades to the new version, and there's typically a few days lag time after the full release before that happens. So, don't update until I make a post saying you can, unless you don't mind being unable to connect to the server.

Of course, the 1.5 update is coming out at the same time as Heart of the Swarm, which is an entirely separate issue...

1.5 is out.

I have a couple of giant trees to grow, but plenty of bone meal to cover the 4x higher requirement in 1.5... my lakeside treehouse is really starting to grow... I needed to put in additional lighting as I had swarms of creepers, skeletons and zombies running around my upper meadow.

Enlightened Despot Member Vladimir's Avatar

I can't wait for the Nether regeneration. I've resorted to buying glowstone from local villagers.

Reinvent the British and you get a global finance center, edible food and better service. Reinvent the French and you may just get more Germans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Maniac From Mars
    How do you motivate your employees? Waterboarding, of course.
    Ik hou van ferme grieten en dikke pinten
    Down with dried flowers!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I went on a rampage with glowstone mining. Might as well make the most of our depleted Nether.

Bukkit has not updated yet. I'd expect it to take another day or two. If there's anything you want to salvage from the current Nether, you should do it now.

Patiently waiting for Bukkit...NOW!

Reinvent the British and you get a global finance center, edible food and better service. Reinvent the French and you may just get more Germans.
    Down with dried flowers!

The first Bukkit dev build has been released, but it's the earliest level build and I'm concerned about the number of issues it will have. Bug reports show multiple reports of significant crashing issues. Combined with the fact that most of the plugins haven't updated yet and would thus have to be disabled, I'm going to wait to update to 1.5 for a little bit longer. I'm optimistic that it will be stable enough for a server upgrade by Monday.

Travelling Knight Content Manager Nigel's Avatar

Hi guys,

I guess it is time to finally leave the cosy comfort of the Noob Hotel and start building my own places. But before I go out and construct a mighty castle and conquer a continent, like everyone else, I decided to build myself a city house in the central area.

I have picked a place near the central spawn, between the Arena and the Assembly hall. The real estate prices in that area will probably go up before too long and I want to start building there now, while I can still afford it.

Take a look and see what you think of this place. I am happy for any comments, considerations or even warnings if you thing I am about to do something stupid.
    Last edited by Nigel; 03-18-2013 at 23:20.

Bukkit it still in a development build, but the update list looks like they've solved the most serious problems with 1.5 and it's good enough that I'm ready to update. I don't have time to do the update this evening but I definitely will have time tomorrow. So, expect the server to go offline tomorrow evening EDT. Downtime shouldn't last too long, but most plugins will probably be disabled afterwards until they update.

Bukkit it still in a development build, but the update list looks like they've solved the most serious problems with 1.5 and it's good enough that I'm ready to update. I don't have time to do the update this evening but I definitely will have time tomorrow. So, expect the server to go offline tomorrow evening EDT. Downtime shouldn't last too long, but most plugins will probably be disabled afterwards until they update.
    Is Nether regeneration difficult? I'm looking forward to that.

Down with dried flowers!

If the Nether's are stroked right they pop right back up.

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel View Post
    Hi guys,

I guess it is time to finally leave the cosy comfort of the Noob Hotel and start building my own places. But before I go out and construct a mighty castle and conquer a continent, like everyone else, I decided to build myself a city house in the central area.
    I have been thinking about this for a while, and I believe it has been discussed earlier in this thread. We need a project plan for the city. Areas of public interest, areas where the players can build their "city home" (not anything too extravagant ) Areas of open spaces and parks etc...

No prob... no rush for me... I have tons to do in-game that is independent of the update and I can't really play much until Easter anyway.

I wish for an interior architect.. I just find it more fun to build building shells. That castle of mine will be a monster interior job...
    Last edited by Sigurd; 03-19-2013 at 11:02.
    Status Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Sigurd View Post
    I have been thinking about this for a while, and I believe it has been discussed earlier in this thread. We need a project plan for the city. Areas of public interest, areas where the players can build their "city home" (not anything too extravagant ) Areas of open spaces and parks etc...
    The Town Hall is the only building that is reminiscent of a city. I think we're just all engrossed with our own little projects. I will put all my effort into the city when my island is finished. Which might take a couple of years, given my rate of progression.

No prob... no rush for me... I have tons to do in-game that is independent of the update and I can't really play much until Easter anyway.

I wish for an interior architect.. I just find it more fun to build building shells. That castle of mine will be a monster interior job...
    The 3rd floor of my castle is the library. And I need at least 4000 blocks of bookshelves. I'm going to need to murder a lot of cows for that.

I really wish books could be made without leather, like before. *sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir View Post
    Is Nether regeneration difficult? I'm looking forward to that.
    Nope, couldn't be easier. All I have to do is delete the existing folder and a new one will be created the first time someone enters the portal. I will certainly keep a permanent backup of the entire existing game world, including the current nether, so that we can always restore the current state if something goes wrong.

Server will be going offline for the upgrade around 5:30pm EDT today, maybe a bit earlier.

The server is now running 1.5.0 and the Nether has been wiped. Please be aware that we are now running a development build, which means it may have some bugs. I'll keep my eye on bukkit's progress and continue to update the build as it improves. Most of our plugins are compatible with 1.5, but I've temporarily disabled MobArena, PistonChest, and Rebalance Villagers due to compatibility issues. PistonChest might also be redundant now due to hoppers, but I'm not sure about that yet.

Please be aware that the Nether is now a much more dangerous place than it used to be. There are no roads anymore and most portals are going to have to be rebuilt by hand. I am going to start working on rebuilding the nether road infrastructure, but it's going to take some time. Also, the Nether is not pre-generated, which means that the server is going to be creating the terrain when you explore new areas. As such, it may be a bit laggy when you're exploring, so be careful near ledges for a while. I've currently popped a portal from my lair and from spawn point/floating castle portal, but every other part of the world is currently ungenerated. In summary, be careful when you enter the nether for the foreseeable future. On the positive side, quartz appears to be easy to find and there's a nether fortress right near the main spawn area inside the nether.

Also, be aware that most complex redstone circuits are probably now broken.
    Last edited by TinCow; 03-19-2013 at 22:59.

I've been scouting abandoned mines lately... I have a surplus of railway pieces... would they help with setting up the Nether road?

Lava travels so fast in 1.5. It's almost killed me many, many times while I was exploring. And now there are random blocks of lava within harmless looking Netherrack. DAMN YOU LAVA! DAMN YOU!

Yeah, lava almost got me a couple times as well during mining. All in all, the nether in general is a far more hazardous place than it used to be.

Also, be aware that most complex redstone circuits are probably now broken.
    GADAMN
    Status Emeritus

GADAMN
    It was inevitable with the major redstone changes they were making. On the positive side, the changes should make a lot of complex designs much more compact.

It was inevitable with the major redstone changes they were making. On the positive side, the changes should make a lot of complex designs much more compact.
    Like light sensors. They won't be huge HVAC systems now.

Down with dried flowers!

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir View Post
    Like light sensors. They won't be huge HVAC systems now.
    Light sensors are nice, but it's really the comparator that's going to massively impact existing redstone wiring. The comparator allows a single redstone wire to be used by multiple signals, which greatly reduces the amount of space needed for devices by eliminating much of the need to have separate wiring for each circuit. I have a feeling that the comparator itself would allow us to build your original design for the Arena scoreboard (the one with selectable numbers) with all of the transmission wiring being only a single layer of redstone about 2-3 blocks wide.

Last edited by TinCow; 03-20-2013 at 18:19.

Page 51 of 87 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast