Thread: The Grand Alliance

Senior Member Senior Member Tomisama's Avatar

Default The Grand Alliance

(The following is copied from our Steam Group Page - Hopefully it explains everything)

The Grand Alliance

14 Members | 5 In-Game | 5 Online | 1 in Chat
    Since October 30, 2011

The Grand Alliance is an intentional coalition of smaller Total War Clans, consolidating specifically to provide a united effort against the incursion of massive member Clans invading the Total War gamming environment. Divided we stand little chance against the flood of enemy players. But together we can and will not only survive, but win our place in the annals of Total War history. Long live the Clans of The Grand Alliance.

Long Live The Grand Alliance!!!

Calling All Clans and Welcome to All
    posted by TomisanRW @ 10:27PM on October 30, 2011
    We are all independents banning together under the banner of The Grand Alliance. Join with us! Aggony Clan, Clan Hunter, Nomad Alliance, Ronin Warlords, Heerbann, and any others who play the Shogun 2 Clan Competition Map and want a fighting chance to have victory. Join with us! Together fighting in the same game-clan we can bring honour and victory to our selves, and our individual Clans. Join with us!

TomisanRW posted on October 31, 2011 @ 11:47am
    An open Thank You to all for coming, hopefully there will be many more. Also hopefully you will all continue and join our game-clan, and bring this dream-team to a reality.
    A Grand Salute to All of you, and to your Clans. We can do this together!

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/totalalliance

Come join us…
    HONOUR IS VICTORY - GO WITH HONOUR - KEEP THE CODE

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198003816474

Default Re: The Grand Alliance

(now at 33 members - added this post to the announcements today)

Welcome, Welcome, Welcome!

posted by HunterRW Tomisama @ 11:55PM on November 01, 2011
    Just to note, there are two things going on here that should not be confused. One is that there is a merger between the Clans of the Hunters and Ronin Warlords. That is why there are some name changes in this group to "HunterRW". This is a personal decision on the part of each of members coming from these Clans, and is not required by the Clan HunterRW.

Likewise name changes are not required to join this Steam Group or our Grand Alliance Game Clan. Anyone from any Clan (or even no Clan) can join and can fight in the game for The Grand Alliance on the Contest Map. We do need everyone who is willing and able to contribute their efforts. Please consider joining our Game Clan.

All who are there now fighting have sacrificed game status to be there. To create a new Game Clan we had to start at the bottom. They all saw the obstacle of Game Clan size being at some point insurmountable, and the only realistic answer being for the smaller groups to band together, even if it meant starting over. They have given up what they had for the promise of what we may have, if we all stick together. Come join us. It will be quite a ride.

As to who are the Officers here at the TGA, we all are! The Contest Map is constantly changing, and so for all of us the decision of where to fight has to be made every time you come to fight. You will have to analyze the situation at present and make a judgment on what you are to do. The only thing we ask is that if you are not a strong player, that you limit your actions to situations that have no or very little loss potential. If you are a strong player, concentrate on boosting the points of the provinces we have, so that no one can take them away for us. Good Luck and Have Fun Everyone!

Again Thanks to All for coming.

The Puppet King Senior Member AggonyKing's Avatar

good idea tommi but some people like to stay under their clan group :P

"Cuiusvis hominis est errare; nullius nisi insipientis in errore perseverare."
    Any man can make a mistake; only a fool keeps making the same one.

Oh yes, that’s fine!

Everyone would like to stay under their own Game-Clan name.

Let’s see, The Brotherhood of Aggony Steam Group has 58 members, but I only see 38 members in the their Game-Clan. Ah but there are 5 more over in AggonyClan, and their may be some other sub groups. That is all wonderfull.

But no matter if you put them all together, and are the best fighters in the world, you will still never win the map competition against Game-Clans like:

Les Disciples de Jose, with 334 members. Clan Long with 837, and the Russian Union with 337 Game-Players, just to name a few.

You can get all the way to the top, and get stomped to death by these mega Clans. Wasting months of hard fighting, only to learn the truth, that you will never win!

No one is asking anyone to leave their Clan or even give up their Clan moniker. Just join with other smaller Clans in one Game-Clan, to defeat a common enemy. One that we will never be able to beat as individual Game-Clans, because of their size alone.

Just wanted to add one more thing here.

Announcements are continuing to be posted on Steam Page and discussions are now starting in our private War Room, but I wanted to add one last thought here for now.

Many people do not “get” what this is all about, and truthfully I have found that I will never be able to explain it well enough to convince anyone of anything.

Like I told Critter, “they either see it or they don’t, I can’t give the vision to them”.

It is in some ways like the Clan Wars Competition big game competitions. The overwhelming public opinion was that they would never happen, that it would never work, and that I was just wasting my time.

Then I found one supporter, then another, then one Clan, then two more. We held our first Contest, and the rest is history.

Explaining the vision then was not a workable thing either. The success was already in hearts of those who responded. They loved the big games, and wanted like minded opponents, willing to work at bringing the whole thing together.

If you see the goal and believe in the attainment, and want it bad enough to make the sacrifices necessary to achieve it, come join us!

We need you

Last edited by Tomisama; 11-06-2011 at 15:37.

Interesting reading.
    Rather a familiar theme as well tbh. Too familiar.

The idea of clan members and non clan members, old players and young players, good or bad has already been done. ^Nomad Alliance^ Surely you already know this.
    Not a clan, no hierarchy, no expectations, just like minded ppl enjoying the game. The whole idea was that ppl at a loose end could still do battle, working alongside other online friends, a means of bringing ppl together.

This is simply a carbon copy.

Ok then, since you say we are just a carbon copy, I will just close down the TGA, and send them all over to you.

Will you be ready? Have you ever played the multiplayer map competition? Do you even have the game?

If this is about the rights to be the original alliance group, we go all the way back to the beginning with the first un-clan association, known then as the Ronin Alliance.

I joined the RA (already going strong) in November of 2000

There is still a post here at the ORG by TomisamaRA, dated 2-3-01.

Followed by another post by Leoknite the founder of the Ronin Alliance, with his signature.

“Ronin alliance our power lies in our seperated nature, and united we are as strong as any clan, honour to alliance!”

Do we own the rights to anything? Can't you too have an Alliance, Can't we also raise an Alliance again with out being dogged down and bullied?

Ok you don’t want to be part of this thing, and you made that clear on your forum; but don’t come here to a very public place, and belittle my efforts to accomplish a union of avid map players.

You could have done the same, but didn’t. Why do you persecute me?

This is almost unbelievable. What did I ever do to you?
    Last edited by Tomisama; 11-06-2011 at 21:48.

no offence dude, but i think you are taking his reaction way to serious. he never said anything about rights and stuff. and if people don't want to join, and stay in their own clan, that's fine. it's all about the fun of the game, not about winning (although that does make it more fun). you can have fun, even in a small clan. but if they don't want to join, don't keep trying to convince them to do, cause everyone has the right to choose what they do. you can't make them, you can only ask them friendly and accept their decision.
    the autumn leaves fall;
    floating on the coldest wind;
    with them my spirit.

self made death poem

no offence dude
    No offence dude, but you have no idea at all what we are talking about.

None at all...

Thanks for trying!

All done here anyway.

Good Luck and Have Fun Everyone
    Last edited by Tomisama; 11-07-2011 at 12:54.

Travelling Knight Content Manager Nigel's Avatar

Sigh....
    Tomisama, Orda Khan, what is happening here ???
    You two are friends of old, brothers in arms going back to the first STW some 10 years ago.

Take a deep breath, take a step back and look at it with some more distance. I am sure you come back together again.

Banned ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tomisama View Post
    No offence dude, but you have no idea at all what we are talking about.

None at all...

Thanks for trying!

All done here anyway.

Good Luck and Have Fun Everyone

So just because he voiced his opinions... oh wait, he doesn't know what we talking about anyhow. He hasn't been around 10 years and put in thousands if not tens thousands of hours like you have to understand... but wait I only been here 7 3/4 years and put in just a few thousands hours also so I doubt I would understand as well... No disrespect Tomisama, but come on .....

Quote Originally Posted by Tomisama View Post
    Ok then, since you say we are just a carbon copy, I will just close down the TGA, and send them all over to you.

Will you be ready? Have you ever played the multiplayer map competition? Do you even have the game?

If this is about the rights to be the original alliance group, we go all the way back to the beginning with the first un-clan association, known then as the Ronin Alliance.

I joined the RA (already going strong) in November of 2000

There is still a post here at the ORG by TomisamaRA, dated 2-3-01.

Followed by another post by Leoknite the founder of the Ronin Alliance, with his signature.

“Ronin alliance our power lies in our seperated nature, and united we are as strong as any clan, honour to alliance!”

Do we own the rights to anything? Can't you too have an Alliance, Can't we also raise an Alliance again with out being dogged down and bullied?

Ok you don’t want to be part of this thing, and you made that clear on your forum; but don’t come here to a very public place, and belittle my efforts to accomplish a union of avid map players.

You could have done the same, but didn’t. Why do you persecute me?

This is almost unbelievable. What did I ever do to you?

I don't think he ever did anything to you. You can say I'm bias because, oh hey, I got banned from .Org twice in my MP career and hey, I always liked the Nomad Alliance and went over when Barocca invited me to it in late 2008. I don't know why you blowing it up Tomisama. You reminding me of a MP player eh... nevermind about that but come on.

People make me chuckle.

Hunters and RW saw a problem that needed to be adressed and stepped forward to combat it within our immediate needs when no one else was...what it evolves into can only be a positive for the game..RA and RW were templates for a number of clans to come in the following years

Long Live the Grand Alliance
    CanCritterRW

geez...why even say anything...no wonder there is no community.
    Hunter King George Visit the Realm of the Hunters:
    Proud participant of the Code of Honor. Have you signed the code?

The exchange above was the end to a two year effort on my part to try to create a Clan merger between Clans.

The conversation was completed on another forum, but got it’s self extended here; my apologies for loosing my patience.

I believe it started when Napoleon was first coming out; I contacted all of those I had enjoyed playing with in the past, and asked them to join with me in a new Clan.

Most were kind enough to respond, and a few were actually interested enough to sign on a forum that was created, but there was not enough interest to make it happen.

When Shogun was first coming out I recognized a problem with the game early on, and set out again to seek unity in a new Clan again, combining smaller Clans together in a single larger Clan.

The problem I saw was in the Clan Competition Map, and the fact that larger Clans had a decisive advantage that made smaller Clan participation almost irrelevant.

Again I got pretty much the same response, it being too early for many to know what their interest might be, and really what I was talking about.

Nine months down the road; and the interest in playing the map competition has won the favor expected, and the problem having grown larger than ever, still there!

Having met resistance before attributed to peoples reluctance to leave their Clans, and change their player names, the call now was no longer to do either, but just come together in the same Game-Clan (Shogun 2 has it’s own in-game player clans).

Everyone could stay in their original Clans, with their original names, and just come together in the same Game-Clan to be able to join efforts and fight together against the zerg clans currently stealing our game from us.

The idea was simple, the cost involving giving up any clan tokens invested in previous specialization, and their current Game-Clan position on the competition map, which happens when you start a new Game-Clan.

Fourteen players have made the commitment, and we are now proceeding upwards together (on level eight Monday).

We still have a ways to go, but also have so Avatars to develop, and map strategies to create and learn along the way.

We will also need more people, and hope to collect them as they see our progress as we go.

This is a community wide project, on a level above all other divisional concerns.

Come and join with us at least for the duration of clime to the top, where we will all share the victory and grand experience of what we can do together if we try.

And together we can beat the zergs if we try!

Honour and Victory to the Clans of The Grand Alliance!!!

The level one competition map (from yesterday) showing the outrageous province scores we are up against, and why we need all of you…

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Shogun22011-11-1213-26-27-75.jpg 
Views:	191 
Size:	603.9 KB 
ID:	3093
    Last edited by Tomisama; 11-13-2011 at 16:13.

"Good morning. Good morning. In less than an hour, aircraft from here will join others from around the world, and you will be launching the largest aerial battle in the history of mankind. Mankind, that word should have new meaning for all of us today. We can't be consumed by our petty differences any more. We will be united in our common interest. Perhaps it's fate that today is the 4th of July, and you will once again be fighting for our freedom. Not from tyranny, oppression, or persecution, but from annihilation. We're fighting for our right to live, to exist and should we win the day, the 4th of July will no longer be known as an American holiday, but as the day when the world declared in one voice, 'We will not go quietly into the night! We will not vanish without a fight! We're going to live on, we're going to survive.' Today we celebrate our independence day!"

President Thomas Whitmore
    July 4th, 1996
    Only a movie; but the speech captures the spirit The Grand Alliance in our effort to work and win together.

Last edited by Tomisama; 11-13-2011 at 16:05.

Great! ;)