Thread: EBO EDU Hotfix

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default EBO EDU Hotfix

Hey guys

I've made this thread to publicize and disseminate minor corrections to bugs/mistakes the EDU has. It will not contain any kind of significant change to the EDU. That remains within GG2 and Vartan's jurisdiction. For ease of reference, I will attach a letter after the relevant EDU reference, so for instance, the first one will be EDU 3.0 build 1001a.

For avoidance of doubt, later builds will incorporate changes made to earlier builds. So for instance build "c" will have changes made to "a" and "b" already in it.

Please find link for EDU build 1001d: http://www.mediafire.com/?hf2mrrjuaj98j78

Change log:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Build 1001a:
    - First cohorts lethality increased from 0.13 to 0.15 (normal cohorts have 0.15, mistake confirmed with GG2)
    - Rhodian slingers accuracy decreased from "perfect accuracy" to "high bullet accuracy" (no other missile units had "perfect" accuracy, mistake confirmed with GG2)

Build 1001b:
    - Gallic General's Bodyguard given eagles.

Build 1001c:
    - Mardian, Scytian and Sarmatian foot archers were statted as having horse archer accuracy. This has been changed. Scytian and Sarmation have been given "high" accuracy as they are steppe folks. Mardian (this may be controversial) has been given ultra high accuracy since their unit description says they were elite foot archers and were trained from birth.
    -Bush elephants removed from all rosters.
    -Forest elephants given to Rome.
    -Towered forest elephants given to Ptoles.
    -Also fixes a typo in the "projectiles" file which made lower tier javelin units very inaccurate. Value changed from 0.8 to .08.
    - Pedites no longer have testudo formation.

Build 1001d:
    - Speudogardoz no longer have phalanx mode nor long pikes. When removing phalanx, I believe it is also necessary to remove long_pike. In any case, EB would not start when only phalanx was removed. I think this might be broken as they still have something similar to phalanx mode. Please check and let me know.
    - All gladius wielding units have been given 0.16 lethality as was GG2's intention; specifically, the following did not have them and now do: mercenary Dunaminaca, Polybian Principes, First Cohorts from both eras, Imperial and Marian cohort.
    - The projectile file has not been changed, but is included for ease of use.

If there are any other mistakes or minor issues that need to be addressed, please post below.

Also, I am happy to change things in the EDU as long as there is near unanimous consent:
    -with at least 5 regular players:
    1) requesting the change;
    2) agreeing that it is a "hotfix" issue and needs to be changed immediately;
    3) agreeing to and specifying the changes to be made (for instance the specific stat numbers);
    -no more than 1 person disagreeing to it ;
    -it is within my skillset to do so; and
    -I do not consider it a "major" change (lies within my discretion :P).

Keep in mind that even if I do change it, GG2/Vartan or the community as a whole can always request the change be overturned.

GG2/Vartan- if anything has been incorrectly identified as a mistake let me know and I will amend.

Legacy builds:
    EDU 3.0 build 1001c: http://www.mediafire.com/?ulstnk12t4snzcf
    EDU 3.0 build 1001b: http://www.mediafire.com/?bban2bltkcqwi43
    Last edited by TheShakAttack; 11-27-2011 at 14:38.
    "Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam."

Involuntary Gaesatae Member The Celtic Viking's Avatar

Default Re: EBO EDU Hotfix

Gallic general's bodyguard should have inspire.

Updated. Thanks TCV.
    "Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam."

Unbowed Unbent Unbroken Member Lazy O's Avatar

What about cata fear?

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

[21:16:17] [Gaius - 5.115.253.115]
    i m not camping , its elegant strategy of waiting

Lazy- that's not a "minor issue" nor an "oversight". AFAIK GG2 is making a fear overhaul. Wait for that.

EB:NOM Triumvir Member gamegeek2's Avatar

This is very much appreciated. The fear overhaul has been implemented, as has the Bosporan mod; I need to add the Saka though.
    Europa Barbarorum: Novus Ordo Mundi - Mod Leader Europa Barbarorum - Team Member

Quote Originally Posted by skullheadhq
    Run Hax! For slave master gamegeek has arrived
    "To robbery, slaughter, plunder, they give the lying name of empire; they make a desert and call it peace." -Calgacus