Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: EBO EDU Hotfix

Default Re: EBO EDU Hotfix

I want to clarify a few things with regard to the above discussion. Under the terms stated above, I think we can just about make any change, hypothetically including "cata fear". That is why there are safeguards built in.

However, the "cata fear" topic does not meet the test for the following reasons:
    -Not every agrees it is a "hotfix" issue;
    -There is more than 1 player who disagrees with removing "cata fear" (note they do not need to be "regular");
    -I consider it a "major" change; and
    -AFAIK GG2 and Vartan (the 2 people who have "veto" powers) do not agree with it.

And as I keep repeating, GG2 is addressing the issue in the next EDU build. Let's wait for that please and move on to another issue. I know "cata fear" is what is foremost on most peoples minds, but it is beyond the scope that has been drawn up for reasons stated above.
    Last edited by TheShakAttack; 11-18-2011 at 19:15.
    "Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam."

COYATOYPIKC Senior Member Flatout Minigame Champion Arjos's Avatar
    Prisoners upon this rock, flying without wings...

What I meant was that fear has been "fixed" already by gg2, and that update is soon to be released, so just sit tight ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Arjos View Post
    What I meant was that fear has been "fixed" already by gg2, and that update is soon to be released, so just sit tight ^^
    My point exactly :)

We can always ask that it be changed again if we are unhappy with changes. Lets give his system a shot.
    "Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam."

I have an idea. Let's have an EB Online edu and then let's have a cata fear-removed unofficial edu that the separationists use on their excursions.
    EB Online Founder | Website
    Former Projects:
    - Vartan's EB Submod Compilation Pack

- Asia ton Barbaron (Armenian linguistics)
    - EB:NOM (Armenian linguistics/history)
    - Dominion of the Sword (Armenian linguistics/history, videographer)

catas need fear, they historically were Feared. Im ashamed of you eb

EDIT: LOL let the sepratists use the unofficial one. Lol Speratists.

RABO! Member Brave Brave Sir Robin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vartan View Post
    I have an idea. Let's have an EB Online edu and then let's have a cata fear-removed unofficial edu that the separationists use on their excursions.
    Sounds like something an autocrat would say.
    From Frontline for fixing siege towers of death
    x30 From mikepettytw for showing how to edit in game text.
    From Brennus for wit.

‘Abdü’l-Mecīd-i evvel Member Kival's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brave Brave Sir Robin View Post
    He's the king! Don't forget that! ;-)

‘Abdü’l-Mecīd-i evvel

Quote Originally Posted by Brave Brave Sir Robin View Post
    Sounds like you are invoking the modern-day negative connotation of the originally neutral Greek term. Sweet.
    Former Projects:

Well we do live in the modern day
    From Brennus for wit.

Unbowed Unbent Unbroken Member Lazy O's Avatar

So what are we, 6-7 players against fear on catas?

I still have not gotten over that 3v3 -_-

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

[21:16:17] [Gaius - 5.115.253.115]
    i m not camping , its elegant strategy of waiting

Cata fear is not necesary, just remove it no one will be sad, cata charge from back is scare enough to rout unit, with fear even exastued catas can do more damage than anyone... if you dont want that then increase their price?! they are cheap, with all that advantages :D

Guys, fear is getting removed, enough about it, moving on pls...

Involuntary Gaesatae Member The Celtic Viking's Avatar

By that logic none of the issues fixed in this hotfix should have been done because they were all getting fixed as well.

(Also, I know that at least half of us who voted for this disagree with GG2's all-or-nothing "solution".)
    Last edited by The Celtic Viking; 11-19-2011 at 13:07.

Bah, I meant that this particular issue has been already delt with and only needs to be released...
    As you mentioned though, it won't be far from over, I know I'll complain about it XD

Yes, but again, you can say the exact same thing about all the other things this hotfix has done.

Guys, seriously, enough with the cata fear issue. I have said that it does not fall within the scope I have drawn up. I did not specify majority, I specified near unanimous. I've even spelt it out for you (no more than 1 player disagreeing) and specified the other conditions. And then, I've even explain why cata fear does not fall into it.

Please desist from bringing it up again on this thread (feel free to do so in other places). By focusing on cata fear, you are drawing attention away from the original purpose of the thread, as has been specified, and turning it into another discussion on cata fear.

I'd be grateful if you could bring up any issues which are not as divisive or controversial as cata fear.

@ TCV: I have also said that I am not comfortable making major changes. You are correct in saying that all these issues will be fixed eventually anyway by GG2. If that is how most people feel, I am happy to stop doing this.
    Last edited by TheShakAttack; 11-19-2011 at 14:05.

Quote Originally Posted by TheShakAttack
    I'd be grateful if you could bring up any issues which are not as divisive or controversial as cata fear.
    The only one who has so far come out as not wanting cata fear removed is you, Shak. One person. Kival and Arjos have gone against it for other reasons, reasons that I have already explained why they don't work. So the way I see it, we should be unanimous but for you (which is as bloody near to it as you can get), so with all due respect, no, I will not let it go.

Re: your paragraph directed at me, you must know that I was merely pointing out the logical inconsistency in Arjos' argument. I don't want this hotfix stopped. However, if you're "not comfortable" doing it yourself, then give the shield and the sword to me. I'll gladly cut off this Medusian head.

No. I am not the only one. GG2, Vartan (as far as i can tell), Storm (for what it's worth), Yavana also agree that in principle catas should get fear if others do. There may be others, I cannot recall of the top of my head. I am simply forced to be the most vocal one who opposes removing fear from catas only.

Arjos was not being inconsistent in his argument: he was pointing out that removing cata fear is not within the parameters of this "hotfix" and that it was an issue being fixed. I have limited the scope of this hotfix for a reason, so that it does lead to something which diverges wildly from the EDU GG2 has created.

The issue here in this thread is does it fall within the parameters of the "hotfix"? That is the first step of the test. This is where it fails. The issue is not whether catas deserve to have only fear removed. That belongs to the other thread.

As Vartan has pointed out, you are always welcome to create and play with your own EDU.

I am trying to be as polite as I can, though you are being obtuse and making it difficult for me- please do not bring it up again on this thread again.

Storm opinion here isn't worth anything at all as per the criteria that you wrote up (not a regular player). That was your own verdict as of last night. So he's out. Vartan doesn't play at all and so doesn't qualify either; the only possible way for him to act would be a veto, which he hasn't used. So he doesn't count either. Yavana can come and speak for himself, as can GG2.

Quote Originally Posted by TheShakAttack
    Arjos was not being inconsistent in his argument: he was pointing out that removing cata fear is not within the parameters of this "hotfix" and that it was an issue being fixed.
    No, he was only saying that we shouldn't do it because GG2 is already removing fear and we should thus wait for it. That argument works against any change this hotfix has done, but he's not against those. Therefore, he is being inconsistent.

As for the cata fear problem not being "within the parameters of this hotfix", where did you pull that one from? Are you just making things up? This hotfix is only there to fix things that doesn't need a hotfix?
    Last edited by The Celtic Viking; 11-19-2011 at 16:13.

TCV the point is that fear has been discussed already, quite a lot, the only common ground we managed to come to was a complete removal to test how that goes...

Removing fear is like removing salt or pepper. You need spices otherwise the meal tastes bland and boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Arjos View Post
    TCV the point is that fear has been discussed already, quite a lot, the only common ground we managed to come to was a complete removal to test how that goes...
    Actually that's not really common ground but I can agree with it not really beeing part of the hotfix discussion. If you guys really want that, I can make an alternative EDU without cata fea though things could become a little complicated that way.

‘Abdü’l-Mecīd-i evvel

Good lord, I said I don't like it one bit in more than one occasion, but agreed to simply test how this turns out...
    I think it's bogus for catas to have fear, and even more bogus to remove it from naked units, but I'm not so adamant to not even try how gg2's proposal turns out...

Quote Originally Posted by The Celtic Viking View Post
    Storm opinion here isn't worth anything at all as per the criteria that you wrote up (not a regular player). That was your own verdict as of last night. So he's out. Vartan doesn't play at all and so doesn't qualify either; the only possible way for him to act would be a veto, which he hasn't used. So he doesn't count either. Yavana can come and speak for himself, as can GG2.

No, he was only saying that we shouldn't do it because GG2 is already removing fear and we should thus wait for it. That argument works against any change this hotfix has done, but he's not against those. Therefore, he is being inconsistent.

As for the cata fear problem not being "within the parameters of this hotfix", where did you pull that one from? Are you just making things up? This hotfix is only there to fix things that doesn't need a hotfix?
    The disagreement does not have to come from a regular player. Read the parameters properly. If you bothered to read posts before you actually responded to them, you will see I made a post explaining exactly why cata fear does not fit the parameters I have drawn up, a part of which includes whether or not I feel it is a major change. If you need to explain it in simpler language to facilitate your understanding, I will also do so. But do not make statements such as "are you just making things up".

Last warning: do not bring up cata fear again in this thread, or I will request that this thread be closed. The only exception is if you would like for me to explain again, in simpler language, why cata fear does not fit the parameters.
    Last edited by TheShakAttack; 11-19-2011 at 17:32.

Wait wait wait ... so Im NOT a regular player ??!?!!?! SON OF A mother

Guys, stop the insulting. Let's please discuss cata fear in an own thread and/Or the general EDU thread.

@storm At the moment you're not such a regular player. That was not an insult towards you.

‘Abdü’l-Mecīd-i evvel

Agreed :)

Feel free to test anything you guys wish. A formal method of dealing with such issues is forthcoming. Have fun until then.
    Former Projects:

I seem to recall someone pointed out an issue- and I have completely forgotten it :D

In the future, please do post it here.

Speudogardoz I believe. Please remove phalanx mode.
    From Brennus for wit.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast