Thread: AOR System?

Default AOR System?

Whell, since i initially wanted just to do the AOR system, i can't help it but give my opinion on the AOR units (wasntme).
    So, here is my opinion for the AOR system and units. You'll notice, that there are no specific AOR units for many of the factions and cultures. Some of the (barbarians for example) didn't conscript local auxiliaries, but i've decided, that more complex system could wait for version 2.0
    I'd like to hear what you all think.

Format:
    Number: Region: Unit (factions)
    *indicates a new model.

1: Itally: Samnite Hastatii (all); Equites Foderati* (rome)
    2: Barbarica (units common to all the central and east europe barbarian regions): Barbarian Infantry (all); Barbarian Cavalry (all); Barbarian Noble Cavalry (all);
    3. Gaul (roughly modern France): Celtic Spearmen Auxiliary (rome);
    4. Germania (modern Germany, Scandianvia): German Auxiliary (rome); German Cavalry (all)
    5. Balkans (the modern Balkans + South Romania, without Greece): Thracian Infantry (all), Thracian Peltasts (all), Thracian Cavalry (all), Thracian Cohort* (rome, post marian)
    6. Greece (Grecia + Asia Minor + all the islands): Greek Peltasts (all); Greek Archers (all); Greek Classical Hoplites (all); Greek Phalanx (greek)
    7. Tessalonica (the province only): Tessalian Cavalry (all)
    8. Athens: Athenian Hoplite* (all)
    9. Sparta: Spartan Hoplite* (all)
    10. Scythia (the nomad aerias): Scythian Cavalry Archers (all), Scythian Noble Cavalry (all); Sarmatian Heavy Cavalry (all)
    11. Pontus (around the Black Sea): Pontus infantry* (all)
    12. Bosphorus (rightly where the faction is): Bosphorian Arcers (all); Bosphorian Cavalry (all)
    13. West Asia (From the Mediterranean coast to Persia (but excluding her): East Spearmen (all); East Archers (all); East Phalangites (Greek); Beduin Cavalry (all)
    14. Persia (around Tiger and Efrat): Persian Infatry (all), Persian Archers (all)
    15. East Asia (roughly from the end of Black Sea to the start of India): East Spearmen (all); Hillmen (all); Horse Archers (all); Cataphracts (all)
    16. India (if it's included. If not, the closest provinces to India): India Elephants (all); Indian Spearmen* (all)
    17. Egypt: Desert Axemen (all); Desert Cavalry (all); Egypt Phalangites (Greek); Nile Spearmen (all)
    18. Libya (Everything West of Egypt, 'till the start of Numidia): Libyan Infantry* (all);
    19. Numidia (technically chartage and numidia): Numidian Infantry (all); Numidian Cavalry (all); African Elephants (all).
    20. Iberia (spain): Iberian Infantry (all); Scutiarii (all); Iberian Cavalry (all).

(all) indicates all factions, that do not have the units. After we see how many slots in DMB and EDU we have, we can add more AOR units.

PS. You have noticed my unit - the Thracian Cohort. Just something for people to have fun with. It's plausible to add more cohorts - galic, german, iberian and numidian.

have fun

Default Re: AOR System?

we can do better than that even.. we must look deeply into this when we finish implementing units.. until then lets continue to brainstorm

Whell, what i posted is (i believe) a good start ;)
    And please what map will we use for the 1.0? Is it decided, or not?

we will be using the vanilla map, but it will be enlarged have max cities and contain RS2 environments!

funny, I'm working for a mode, that i'll probably wont be able to play :d

we will have a version for people with older computers dont worry:)

Quote Originally Posted by ahowl11 View Post
    we will have a version for people with older computers dont worry:)
    How exactly?
    When instaling RS enviorments yes/no??
    When the camel {S}thinks,it is time to leave the oassis!