Thread: Modding? Is it possible to add/create heirs?

Default Modding? Is it possible to add/create heirs?

Does anyone know if it is possible to add/create heirs for a faction? Some clans have many heirs while others have too few. It's not as fun when clans disappear when their daimyo dies without an heir. I also want to play longer as one of these clans.

Pleasing the Fates Senior Member A Nerd's Avatar

Default Re: Modding? Is it possible to add/create heirs?

Hello Adann. I seached the STW modding fourms for 'heirs' and came up with this: heir seach

I didn't have time to read thru many. But you might want to search it or go to the STW modification forum and search yourself.

STW Modification
    Silence is beautiful

Unlike MTW, heirs in STW are completely hard-coded. They appear in a set order and when the last one dies, your faction is finished.

I have conquered the entire map with all clans except Shimazu ( Green ). I have yet to start a game with Shimazu ( hence exception ). I am not boasting here, just saying that it is possible to finish and win a game with ( I believe ), ANY clan.

I think my "success" here is partly down to "looking after" my Damiyo / Heirs / Generals ( i.e. not engaging them in battle unless I absolutley have to ). You MUST keep the Damiyo out of Combat until you have at least one Heir available to command a unit; and waiting for more than one Heir would be even better.

NB : The AI ( still ) takes too many risks with General's ( although it may be a little better with Damiyo's ). You should not take such risks if you want to win.
    NBB : There are no penalties ( unlike MTW ) for regularly failing to engage your "General" in combat; although there may be for withdrawing him or ( heaven forbid ) if he decides to run away; as I ONCE noted an AI Damiyo Suicide....
    Last edited by DEB8; 12-02-2011 at 01:17.