Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gameroom discussion: Overpowered roles and game balance

Bastion of Sanity Member Captain Blackadder's Avatar

Default Re: Gameroom discussion: Overpowered roles and game balance

Of course you can there are a few people that do it. JHT has done it in the past as has ATPG. What is the theme of the game? I would do it but if I want to play it I would have to decline.

Coming Soon to a Gameroom Near You

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Blackadder View Post
    Of course you can there are a few people that do it. JHT has done it in the past as has ATPG. What is the theme of the game? I would do it but if I want to play it I would have to decline.
    It is death themed. So far it is looking like Tincow would not like my game

Quote Originally Posted by Askthepizzaguy View Post
    If a game host answers untruthfully, that's different than not answering. That's misleading the game players intentionally or not intentionally, and breaks the game for them.

They've got to be able to rely on the game host to give accurate rule information. If there's no detective by rule, and a detective shows up, the game host is a blankety blank.
    Nailed it on the head. The game host has to give accurate rule information or things can break down quick.

Liar and Trickster Senior Member Andres's Avatar

A new member trying to escape the formalities of being greeted by the DIVINE GREETER OF NEW MEMBERS himself?

*** grabs apocalypse ed, holds him in front of him and stares with red glowing eyes for a few brief moments, breathing heavily while smoke leaves his nose and wide open mouth***

Welcome @apocalypse ed

*** puts apocalypse ed down again ***

Enjoy your stay at the .Org
    Last edited by Andres; 04-10-2012 at 11:33.
    Andres is our Lord and Master and could strike us down with thunderbolts or beer cans at any time. ~Askthepizzaguy

Ja mata, TosaInu

Senior Member Senior Member Jarema's Avatar

yeah! join some games!

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Andres View Post
    [I]*** grabs apocalypse ed, holds him in front of him and stares with red glowing eyes for a few brief moments, breathing heavily while smoke leaves his nose and wide open mouth***
    Oh dear lord, and/or Andres,

Andres' avatar has taken over Andres' mind! The Admin has gone literally insane with power!
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Force Breath! v

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

Yeah, well if you think I'm getting rid of it in the next Star Wars game, don't hold your.... umm....

#Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Mmmm, Antares is tasty! Senior Member Alien Attack Champion Nightbringer's Avatar

I think it will be less of an issue if it appears again. A lot of the problem seemed to be that we didn't know how to react to it, and ended up doing a lot of votes where we got rid of force breath, then didn't lynch the person later on. Leaving them as a focus of attention while wasting a lynch round. I think there was a lot of uncertainty at first whether it might be complete lynch immunity.
    Moderator of The Throne Room
    “Being a Humanist means trying to behave decently without expectation of rewards or punishment after you are dead.” ― Kurt Vonnegut
    "Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge." ― Mark Twain
    "Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is." ― Oscar Wilde
    “While money can't buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.” ― Groucho Marx

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12