Thread: Blood Moon

Default Blood Moon

I have been playing mafia from ever since the first mafia game at the Org and i think it is about time for me to try my hand as a host.This is a concept i have been thinking for a long while and i think i am now ready to put it into action.This might turn into a really fast paced and chaotic game, but that is the intention.It is very straightforward mafia game, without too much intrigue.

Basic setting.

Roles:

Vampire Count / Countess

Vampire

Apha Wolf

Werewolf

Priest

Villager

Abilities:

Vampire Count / Countess

Can either Investigate,Kill or Convert during a night phase. Can vote during day phase.

Vampire

Can be converted from villager by a Vampire/ Count. Can kill or Convert during a night phase.Can vote during day phase.

Apha Wolf

Can either Investigate,Kill or Convert during a night phase. Can vote during day phase.

Werewolf

Can be converted from villager by a Alpha/Wolf. Can kill or Convert during a night phase.Can vote during day phase.

Priest

Can either Investigate,Kill or Convert during a night phase. Cant be converted into a Werewolf nor a Vampire.Can vote during day phase. There will be quite likely multiple Priests.Depending on the number of players.

Villager

Together with two other villagers can set up a night watch (protect) during the night. Or with two other villagers can set up a lynch mob (kill) during the night. With three successfull attacks/ protections against werewolves, Vampires or both. Can be converted to Priest. Can be converted both into a Vampire and Werewolf.Can vote during day phase.

Victory

Each faction will win when none of the two others remain.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think this could be lot´s of fun.What do you guys think? Also if you are interested, please tell it here and i will add you to the list of people to notify when the game will be up.

Kage

Interested:

Montmorency
    Ishmael
    Arjos
    scottishranger
    atheotes
    LazyMcCrow
    Jarema
    classical hero
    Last edited by Kagemusha; 12-07-2011 at 14:40.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Default Re: Blood Moon

50 players.

Yes we can

Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

This looks incredibly chaotic...so count me in!

EDIT: Although I just remembered that I'm going away on holidays soon, so I might not have enough time to properly contribute. If this starts after the 18th I'll play, if not I won't.
    Last edited by Ishmael; 12-06-2011 at 00:50.

COYATOYPIKC Senior Member Flatout Minigame Champion Arjos's Avatar
    Prisoners upon this rock, flying without wings...

I'm very interested in this game, but just one thing: vampires walking around and voting under the sun? That's wrong :D

Ill be in if you get this started! maybe make the priests into inquisitors haha?

Count me In

What happens when the Priest attempts to convert the Count/Countess or Alpha wolf?

Quote Originally Posted by Arjos View Post
    I'm very interested in this game, but just one thing: vampires walking around and voting under the sun? That's wrong :D
    These are the type of Vampires from Coppola´s Dracula movie. They only become lot more weak during day, compared to self combustion at any rendevue with sunlight.

Quote Originally Posted by atheotes View Post
    Count me In

What happens when the Priest attempts to convert the Count/Countess or Alpha wolf?
    I can guarantee that converting attempts gone bad will might be a serious health risk for any character.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Yes. Very interested - sounds like Capo with just 3 families (sorry there is no '3 thumbs up' icon)
    I'm slightly confused about susceptability though:
    I'm assuming Count, Alpha and Priest can't be converted. Can Vamps be converted to Wolves? What do Priests convert Villagers to? More Priests?
    Anyway it sounds like there is no 'Town' in the game, so 'Count' me in :)

...just as long as you don't plan to start until after Xmas, in which case, I shall have to respectfully decline.

Quote Originally Posted by LazyMcCrow View Post
    Yes. Very interested - sounds like Capo with just 3 families (sorry there is no '3 thumbs up' icon)
    I'm slightly confused about susceptability though:
    I'm assuming Count, Alpha and Priest can't be converted. Can Vamps be converted to Wolves? What do Priests convert Villagers to? More Priests?
    Anyway it sounds like there is no 'Town' in the game, so 'Count' me in :)

...just as long as you don't plan to start until after Xmas, in which case, I shall have to respectfully decline.
    Vampires and wolves cant convert each other and yes priest can convert villagers into priest after three succesful protections/ vigilante killings. Basically you have rapidly expanding factions who need to kill each other off as soon as possible.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Senior Member Senior Member Jarema's Avatar

I am interested in it.
    I am really affraid, if factions are not expanding too rapidly.

I would also like to note, that it would be in one aspect totally different than Capo: conversion would NOT be voluntary... and it changes a lot.
    Similar thing would be, that like in Capo, lynch would not be the only, or even the main weapon of a town. So, in a sense, it would be not exactly a mafia game

If this was being played over at CFC, then this would be classified as a Night of the Werewolves type game. It is similar to mafia, but has differences.

in

Blog Entries

Count me in.

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

You know I'd follow you anywhere, Kagemusha.

In.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

I am happy to see people are interested. It is honour to have the Maestro himself also to join.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

One of the Undutchables Member The Stranger's Avatar

seems like converted priests are OP compared to converted vampires or wolves, since a converted priest can still investigate. Maybe make a distinction there as well, like Bishop > Priest or Priest > Fanatic

We do not sow.

Senior Member Senior Member Jarema's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Stranger View Post
    seems like converted priests are OP compared to converted vampires or wolves, since a converted priest can still investigate. Maybe make a distinction there as well, like Bishop > Priest or Priest > Fanatic
    But if I undestand correctly one of Kagemusha's comments, it would not be possible to upgrade 'normal' townie into a priest without his effort first.
    Also, priest should not be seen as 3rd group, totally similar to vamps and wolfs, as they are still townies, so there is no allegiance change

In.

In! Looks like a cool concept!

EDIT: I was reading over the rules more, and was wondering if we could have a clarification. It says 3 successful attacks/protections for a villager to become a priest. Is that 3 total protections and attacks or 3 total protections or 3 total attacks? Example; if I have 2 attacks and 1 protection am I eligible or do I need 1 more attack?
    Last edited by Cjreynol; 12-12-2011 at 18:26. Reason: Question

Quote Originally Posted by Cjreynol View Post
    In! Looks like a cool concept!

EDIT: I was reading over the rules more, and was wondering if we could have a clarification. It says 3 successful attacks/protections for a villager to become a priest. Is that 3 total protections and attacks or 3 total protections or 3 total attacks? Example; if I have 2 attacks and 1 protection am I eligible or do I need 1 more attack?
    It is total number of both protections and attacks, so you could have for example two successful protections and one successfull lynch mob attack ,while you become eligible to become a priest.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Thanks for the clarification

I'd be interested.
    Always meet on the level, act by the plumb and part on the square.
    2B1ASK1