Thread: Any Simple Mods that WORK?

Angry Any Simple Mods that WORK?

All the mods I've tried just make my Medieval Crash now.
    It used to not crash, but people are just poor at making mods for Windows 7. I make mods for Medieval 2: Total War, and usually they're simple and nice- more provinces, battle maps, cities, and factions.

Any simple mods that add:
    More provinces
    More factions
    Unique units for that faction

Without changing the game (well, trying to change the game)?
    Redux is the opposite of what I want- it also gave me a virus that won't come off of my computer.
    BKB didn't change my game- it just makes my game crash and lag now!

So, anything simple as listed above (2nd paragraph- listing)? That is NOT like Redux or BKB?
    "The good eat to live. The evil live to eat."
    -Socrates

Needs more flowers Moderator drone's Avatar

Default Re: Any Simple Mods that WORK?

To the best of my knowledge, if you can get MTW running on your PC with Win7, the mods should work as well. In another post I think you said you did not have the Viking Invasion expansion, is this the case? If a mod is specific to VI 2.01, it's possible that it would crash if installed on straight MTW. A couple of mods support both (with different mod versions).

Welcome to the .Org, Thrillology!
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

"Why do you hate the extremely limited Spartan version of freedom?" - Lemur

Where do I get updates? I think my Medieval is 1.0.0... let me check....

Thanks for the welcome. :D

Yeah, my Medieval is 1.0.0.... whoops... so will I be able to get BKB Super Mod working if I update my game then install it?
    Also, are there any pics on the BKB Super mod?
    -Socrates

Quote Originally Posted by Thrillology View Post
    All the mods I've tried just make my Medieval Crash now.
    More likely that your inability to install them is a bigger factor... or that you have a version mismatch between the installed game and the mod version...

It used to not crash, but people are just poor at making mods for Windows 7.
    People do not make mods for Windows 7, they make mods for the game.

I make mods for Medieval 2: Total War, and usually they're simple and nice- more provinces, battle maps, cities, and factions.
    Then make your own mod.

Any simple mods that add:
    More provinces
    More factions
    Unique units for that faction

Without changing the game (well, trying to change the game)?
    Modding generally changes the game, if you want just that, then make your own mod.

Redux is the opposite of what I want- it also gave me a virus that won't come off of my computer.
    That's quite a serious claim to make. Back it up with some actual evidence and/or screenshots and the location you downloaded the file from or withdraw it.

BKB didn't change my game- it just makes my game crash and lag now!
    BKB certainly does change the game, if you didn't see the changes then you may not have installed it correctly. As to crashing and lagging, BKB changes and adds a lot, but you'd have to be running a 10 year old PC to be seeing any performance loss.

So, anything simple as listed above (2nd paragraph- listing)? That is NOT like Redux or BKB?
    Either try the XL mod or do your own mod to include what you want. (edit: the XL mod is not an option for you either)

Yeah, my Medieval is 1.0.0.... whoops... so will I be able to get BKB Super Mod working if I update my game then install it?
    Also, are there any pics on the BKB Super mod?
    You need the patch and BKB will not install or run on version 1.x... (see first paragraph)

Edit: Try the medmod, but patch the game first.
    Last edited by caravel; 12-12-2011 at 16:19.

Most of the mods are geared towards MTW/VI 2.01, but a few of them do support MTW v1.1. Axalon has a separate MTW v1.1 download for Redux, and somewhere there is an older MedMod version that works without the VI expansion. (Maybe this one?)

If you need them, I put a link to the various MTW/VI/Gold patches in the Main Hall thread.
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

On the subject of medmod, 4.07 (the last release for v2.01 ?) is here but needs uploading <somewhere> (atomicgamer?) lest it be lost forever (again).

Quote Originally Posted by caravel View Post
    On the subject of medmod, 4.07 (the last release for v2.01 ?) is here but needs uploading <somewhere> (atomicgamer?) lest it be lost forever (again).

Someone uploaded 4.07 to GameFront, I put updated links in the MedMod thread's first post and they are still valid. I have a copy at home, but I would need to get one of the admins to put it on AtomicGamer due to the size of the file. AtomicGamer would be the ideal place for it though.

I can't find the 2.0.1 patch/update.
    It always comes up as Viking Invasion 2.0.1 Update for Medieval Total War Gold.
    -Socrates

If you have MTW v1.0, then you you need the v1.1 update - see above.

Sounds simple.
    I'll get the patch, and thanks guys.
    -Socrates

Wait, can I find the patch on this website?
    -Socrates

See drone's reply to your post in the other thread:
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...post2053404515