Thread: Quick STW question...

Default Quick STW question...

How the heck do I get troops to re join the 'Castle' ?
    Once they are out I cannot get them back in, I'm sure it is something goofy, but this is the first time I have tried STW, so please forgive my ignorance.
    Thanks very much, I searched but no luck.
    G.

Default Re: Quick STW question...

I have never heard of this problem, but if its happening on the strategy map, I wouldn't worry about it. If an enemy invades your province, you will still get the option to withdraw to your castle if you don't want to fight a field battle.

I guess there is a sort of back door way into the castle, come to think of it. When you retrain a unit, I think it reappears in the castle after the training is finished. Of course, you could only get one unit in per turn.
    In those simple times there was a great wonder and mystery in life. Man walked in fear and solemnity, with Heaven very close above his head, and Hell below his very feet. God's visible hand was everywhere, in the rainbow and the comet, in the thunder and the wind. The Devil too raged openly upon the earth; he skulked behind the hedge-rows in the gloaming; he laughed loudly in the night-time; he clawed the dying sinner, pounced on the unbaptized babe, and twisted the limbs of the epileptic. A foul fiend slunk ever by a man's side and whispered villainies in his ear, while above him there hovered an angel of grace . . .

Arthur Conan Doyle

Thanks Brandy. I guess I just firgured it would be the same as combining the troops(on the strategy map), wherein you pick up one 'game-piece' and place it over the corresponding '-piece', when they turn slightly transparent/fuzzy(?) you can release the original piece and the troops will join, ala RTW and others.
    So I guess I just figured the same would hold true for Castles but I could never get it too work.
    Alas, life goes on, lol.
    Peace.
    Last edited by Graiskye; 01-04-2012 at 08:33. Reason: so I 'appear' at least 'semi' intelligent.....lol.

It works as you would expect in MTW (1), in STW it does not. To get unit stacks back into the castle in STW you need to first select the stack so that it appears in the review panel at the bottom of the screen, then select every individual unit (or whichever units you want) and drag and drop them over the castle.

Ah-ha, thank you so much Caravel.
    Most appreciated.