Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Lords of the Danube OOC thread

Mmmm, Antares is tasty! Senior Member Alien Attack Champion Nightbringer's Avatar

Default Re: Lords of the Danube OOC thread

I'll try to get a new turn up tonight everyone :)
    Moderator of The Throne Room
    “Being a Humanist means trying to behave decently without expectation of rewards or punishment after you are dead.” ― Kurt Vonnegut
    "Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge." ― Mark Twain
    "Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is." ― Oscar Wilde
    “While money can't buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.” ― Groucho Marx

Throne Room Caliph Senior Member phonicsmonkey's Avatar

fyi everyone it looks like the Sicilians are trying to take southern greece, or may already have done so.

So we may not get much further than Corinth in that direction.
    frogbeastegg's TWS2 guide....it's here!

Come to the Throne Room to play multiplayer hotseat campaigns and RPGs in M2TW.

Quote Originally Posted by phonicsmonkey View Post
    If you guys serve the King well you will be rewarded with lands.
    Ive defeated 5 armies, taken 2 castles 1 fort :P... me think i deserve... moar :D

In all sincerity though, i will earn more lands for both of us shortly .

Edited due to Phonics... correction ;)
    Last edited by Mithridate; 04-12-2012 at 17:26.

Quote Originally Posted by Mithridate View Post
    Ive defeated 5 armies, taken 3 castles... me think i deserve... moar :D

In all sincerity though, i will earn more lands for both of us shortly .
    3 castles? Baia, Halych and....what's the other one?

Anyway, good things come to those who wait. Have faith in your King!

I have been doing some active recruiting for this game, hopefully we can get a few more players to make it even better

Hey, hello guys, I'm new in these forums, but not in Twcenter :), Mithridate told me this was a great RP hotseat, So I would like to join,
    Mithridate also told me that "Andras a Zah nembol's" character was free, and recommended it to me, So If I could play as him I would like it,
    I've read the Rules and probably ask you a few questions later :P

Welcome!

Well, any objections? If not please shower me with praise
    @phonicsmonkey @Nightbringer @Zim @SeruGiran

This @ function is a very nice way to communicate btw, try it out.

Mmmm, Antares is tasty! Senior Member Alien Attack Champion Nightbringer's Avatar

awesome! welcome to the game and the throne room and the .org @SeruGiran! I will send you your character's current funds later tonight. if you have any questions please feel free to ask.

oh, and great work @Mithridate praise praise praise... :)
    “Being a Humanist means trying to behave decently without expectation of rewards or punishment after you are dead.” ― Kurt Vonnegut
    "Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge." ― Mark Twain
    "Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is." ― Oscar Wilde
    “While money can't buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.” ― Groucho Marx

Ah, the praise... warms my heart

So you are now officially Andras a Zah nembol @SeruGiran

Couple things: Most of us keep a representative at the capitol to make announcements for our avatars when they are out in the field or too far away from it.
    Also, Bokony would welcome your aid in his march against Constantinople. Next turn he will assault the castle next to it. If you want, getting closer to it and joining in would be sweet ;)

Senior Member Senior Member Ibn-Khaldun's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Welcome @SeruGiran !

Have to apologize for being so inactive. I recently bought NTW and have been dragged into it. Once I conquer Europe in NTW I will do the same in here.. ofc in the name of our king phonics.. ~:P

Well, Thank you all for the warm welcoming!,
    @Mithridate, I'm honored to join you in the battlefield against those roman pigs,

Welcome @SeruGiran!

Sorry over the late financial reports NH, gona fix them now.
    Turn 11 and 12 got mixed up so i thought it was sent

Good thing calculating the total upkeep is so FUN

Quote Originally Posted by Mithridate View Post
    Good thing calculating the total upkeep is so FUN
    Yeah, my wife thinks I'm nuts sitting by the computer game with my calculator and pen...

Quote Originally Posted by phonicsmonkey View Post
    Yeah, my wife thinks I'm nuts
    Well, that's my goal. So mission accomplished!

can anyone tell me what the current year is in game?

EDIT: also, in past games we had separate threads for stories and battle reports. Do we want to do that here to separate the AAR-style battle reports from more literary stories?
    Last edited by phonicsmonkey; 04-17-2012 at 05:51.

I will try to get the next turn up soon, I will attach the year of each turn as it comes up from now on. As for the battle reports, I haven't felt like it is an issue so far, but if you want to move the posts into seperate threads with your magic GM powers feel free to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightbringer View Post
    I will try to get the next turn up soon, I will attach the year of each turn as it comes up from now on. As for the battle reports, I haven't felt like it is an issue so far, but if you want to move the posts into seperate threads with your magic GM powers feel free to do so.
    See what others think...thanks for the dates, it just helps me get my stories organised

I prefer it as it is, but if we get some more flow i agree with @phonicsmonkey

I would like to request that any future posts in the story thread that contain images get spoiler tags around them. This is because it is getting to be quite annoying to load the thread because it keeps moving the screen as images load. This should make browsing the thread much easier. Thanks everyone, and keep up with the great work. I am loving the battle reports and writing!

Quote Originally Posted by Nightbringer View Post
    I would like to request that any future posts in the story thread that contain images get spoiler tags around them. This is because it is getting to be quite annoying to load the thread because it keeps moving the screen as images load. This should make browsing the thread much easier. Thanks everyone, and keep up with the great work. I am loving the battle reports and writing!
    sorry, my bad - have edited and will use spoilers in future

Ill do the same when i post my new stories, but theres a way around this issue if you only want to read/post:

Cancel the page refreshing, and the pics stop loading.

Blog Entries

So..

@phonicsmonkey, @Zim, @The King

Ya, I'm sorry about the lack of updates, this academic quarter continues to be hellish for me and I was hoping some other people would pop in to play the turn. @Mithridate? @SeruGiran?

Does everyone think it is worth continuing this game at this point. I am certainly willing to, but given the rate we are losing players I'm not sure if anyone is really invested still at this point. Let me know what you think. Maybe I should jujt stick to trying to get the turn done on time as opposed to waiting and letting all players play the save?

Mithridate played first. It's Zim and Serugiran that haven't.

I think these games generally see more instances of inactivity from players than hotseats so if I were you I'd just keep it moving.

I think we can continue and have fun even with a core group of three or four players.

Maybe @Mithridate could contact @SeruGiran to see if he's still in the game?

Wandering Metsuke Senior Member Zim's Avatar

I'm still here. Just been a bit busy and I figured Demeter could hold still a turn (might help with his having fallen ill...or is it better to stay a turn in a settlement or fort?).
    V&V RIP Helmut Becker, Duke of Bavaria.

Come to the Throne Room for hotseats and TW rpgs!

Kermit's made a TWS2 guide? Oh, the other frog....

Blog Entries

I am still here as well. I would like it to continue.

Im sure seru wants to continue, will throw him a PM as he is not active on this forum.

I need to get my thumb out of my ass and type some short battle reports :D
    still have the pics, but uploading them is a pain.

Im still here for sure as well, having an activity drop that will continue for a while but i am NOT leaving.

Okay, good to know everyone! :)
    I will be uploading the next turn tomorrow night.

Wandering Metsuke Senior Member Zim's Avatar

I'll get my financial report sent within the day.
    V&V RIP Helmut Becker, Duke of Bavaria.

Come to the Throne Room for hotseats and TW rpgs!

Kermit's made a TWS2 guide? Oh, the other frog....

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast