Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Lords of the Danube OOC thread

Senior Member Senior Member Ibn-Khaldun's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Lords of the Danube OOC thread

I was thinking about the Tournament. I suggest that all participants would make a payment (300 or something like that) and all that money will be divided between the winner(75% of the entry fee) and the second place(25%).

Throne Room Caliph Senior Member phonicsmonkey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The King View Post
    I was thinking about the Tournament. I suggest that all participants would make a payment (300 or something like that) and all that money will be divided between the winner(75% of the entry fee) and the second place(25%).
    Make the suggestion IC and we can have more fun talking about it there
    frogbeastegg's TWS2 guide....it's here!

Come to the Throne Room to play multiplayer hotseat campaigns and RPGs in M2TW.

Mmmm, Antares is tasty! Senior Member Alien Attack Champion Nightbringer's Avatar

What do people think of pausing the game for a week or so for people to discuss action, and participate in the tournament?
    Moderator of The Throne Room
    “Being a Humanist means trying to behave decently without expectation of rewards or punishment after you are dead.” ― Kurt Vonnegut
    "Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge." ― Mark Twain
    "Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is." ― Oscar Wilde
    “While money can't buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.” ― Groucho Marx

Big negative :)

Blog Entries

I think that is a good idea.

Either phonics or Cecil could call the nobles together. This would be a very good time for a tournament. Since there are not taht many of us then I don't think it will take that long to process the turns in the tournament.

So, I propose that all participants will play 300f entry fee and turns will last 24 hours. The winner would get 75% of that money and 25% will go to the second place. Sounds good?

Mmmm, Antares is tasty! Senior Member Alien Attack Champion Nightbringer's Avatar

Exactly, hopefully the tournament will go by quickly and you guys can also figure out some direction for what you are doing next. It will also be a fun opportunity to develop characters a bit more I think.
    If

Also, if anyone knows anyone that might be interested, please invite them over. house stark seems gone for sure, iggy has been ridiculously busy so he hasn't been active, and Zim and Quirl have non-working games.

@TinCow or @GeneralHankerchief, what info would you need for the tournament exactly?
    “Being a Humanist means trying to behave decently without expectation of rewards or punishment after you are dead.” ― Kurt Vonnegut
    "Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge." ― Mark Twain
    "Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is." ― Oscar Wilde
    “While money can't buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.” ― Groucho Marx

Bureaucratically Efficient Senior Member TinCow's Avatar

A list of characters to be involved, full stats (with V&V) for each character, and whether it's a team event or a free-for-all.

Quote Originally Posted by TinCow View Post
    A list of characters to be involved, full stats (with V&V) for each character, and whether it's a team event or a free-for-all.
    V&V? I'm not sure what you mean. I think given the small number of players, we should probably stick to a free for all, but if others would prefer team it is up to the players.

Mithridate,
    I don't want to force this if you are really really against it, but I am hoping that during this event we might be able to either reclaim, or recruit, a couple players, making things more active when we finish. I think it will also be a great opportunity for the characters you guys have been developing to interact a bit!

Quote Originally Posted by Nightbringer View Post
    Mithridate,
    I don't want to force this if you are really really against it, but I am hoping that during this event we might be able to either reclaim, or recruit, a couple players, making things more active when we finish. I think it will also be a great opportunity for the characters you guys have been developing to interact a bit!

I think i can live with it :)
    Last edited by Mithridate; 03-11-2012 at 07:13.

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

V&V? I'm not sure what you mean. I think given the small number of players, we should probably stick to a free for all, but if others would prefer team it is up to the players
    Vices and virtues, probably. The characters' traits in addition to their raw command, chiv/dread, piety, etc. ratings.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralHankerchief View Post
    Vices and virtues, probably. The characters' traits in addition to their raw command, chiv/dread, piety, etc. ratings.

Ah that makes sense, I will collect this info tonight. If any players wish to collect there own and send it to me, they are free to, but I am fine doing it.

Wandering Metsuke Senior Member Zim's Avatar

I'm in favor of the pause, but only for the completely selfish reasons that I'm out of town this weekend and it would give me time to let me get MTW2 working again.
    V&V RIP Helmut Becker, Duke of Bavaria.

Come to the Throne Room for hotseats and TW rpgs!

Kermit's made a TWS2 guide? Oh, the other frog....

I also have a selfish reason (its finals week), so you aren't alone there Zim :)

here are the stat's etc.. for everyone
    C = command
    D = dread (negative = chivalry)
    l = leadership
    a = authority
    p = piety

Kerecse a Geregye nembol
    C 2
    D 1
    L 6
    P 3
    traits:
    relatively healthy
    military minded
    basic military education
    promising commander
    budding bureaucrat
    generalyl loyal
    seethes with anger

Junior King Bokeny
    C 2
    D 3
    L 6
    P 3
    Traits:
    Healthy
    biological Son
    Administratively minded
    gregarious
    virile
    promising commander
    heri apparent
    marital ties
    can tell a tale
    disrespects prisoners
    feels appreciated
    dislikes the byzantines
    Retinue:
    Duke of Zagreb
    Military Engineer
    Dread Knight

King Pozsony
    C 4
    D 0
    A 10
    P 3
    Traits:
    healthy
    biological son
    administratively minded
    legacy of chivalry
    good with taxes
    sharp
    naturally robust
    fertile
    understands logistics
    advanced military education
    counter-spy
    founner of a royal house
    faction leader
    brave
    night fighter
    passive ruler
    marital ties
    unproven commander
    grim commander
    fair fighter
    cruel leader
    Retinue:
    Fine armor
    drillmaster
    stablemaster
    master archer
    siege engineer
    duke of varadmilitary engineer

Andras a zah nembol
    C 0
    D -3
    L 9
    P 6
    Traits:
    relatively healthy
    administratively minded
    very loyal
    religiously active
    feels appreciated
    reserved
    Retinue:
    duke of sofia
    guard dog

Bokeny a handolh nembol
    C 1
    D 1
    L 6
    P 5
    Traits:
    relatively health
    militarily minded
    scholar
    promising commander
    generalyl loyal
    dutifully religious
    brave
    marks of war

Kuppany a Kan nembol
    C 2
    D -1
    L 5
    P 5
    traits:
    relatively health
    militarily minded
    aspiring commander
    marks of war
    fair fighter
    mixed loyalties
    dutifully religious
    royal ties
    wife is undesirable
    retinue:
    stablemaster

Demeter az Aba nembol
    C 4
    D 2
    L 10
    P 4
    traits:
    relatively health
    militarily minded
    standard military education
    aspiring commander
    dauntless
    religious
    king's right hand
    feels respected
    lacks compassion
    despises cuman ways
    retinue:
    master of horse
    master archer
    siege engineer
    military engineer
    guard dog
    duke of kassa
    drillmaster

Petur az akus nembol
    C 2
    D -1
    L 8
    P 3
    Traits:
    relatively health
    militarily minded
    basic military education
    scholar
    dudding bureaucrat
    sharp
    promising commander
    very loyal
    winning first

Bokony a huntpaznan nembol
    C 0
    D 2
    L 8
    P 5
    traits:
    relatively health
    administratively minded
    basic western education
    winning first
    has the king's eye
    not constructive
    disrespects prisoners
    feels appreciated
    basic militayr education
    personal loss
    renowned victor
    brave
    marks of war
    fair in rule
    Retinue:
    lord high chancellor
    duke of brasov
    military engineer
    mercenary captain
    the privy seal

Vata a kacsics nembol
    C 1
    D 1
    L 9
    P 4
    traits:
    militarily minded
    religious
    has the kings ete
    reknowned victor
    marks of war
    mean leader
    feels appreciated
    great speaker
    unhealthy
    disrespects prisoners
    retinue:
    lord high marshall
    military engineer
    emir of targoviste

So who all wants to be int he tournament?

I suggest whoever is hosting ti come up with and send out an invitation, although if they want I can try to do this myself.

Throne Room Caliph Senior Member phonicsmonkey's Avatar

I'm in. Want me to have my character send an invite?
    frogbeastegg's TWS2 guide....it's here!

Come to the Throne Room to play multiplayer hotseat campaigns and RPGs in M2TW.

Quote Originally Posted by phonicsmonkey View Post

yes, yes, and no

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    oh wait, yes to the last one as welll :)

Blog Entries

So who all wants to be int he tournament?

I suggest whoever is hosting ti come up with and send out an invitation, although if they want I can try to do this myself.
    I suggest that tournament thread should be created. It should be an IC thread. Also, TinCow asked whether it was a team or individual event. I think it should be individual. There are too few of us to make it into a team event.

Also, I personally hope it starts soon because I'm going to Stockholm this weekend and can't into internet then.

here are the stat's etc.. for everyone
    Thanks. Are all of those characters going to be participating?

FYI, I will be out of the country from April 3rd to April 19th. I also highly doubt I will have time on April 1st or 2nd due to the usual chores required prior to a long trip. So, unless you're willing to wait until I get back in late April, I'm only available to run this for the next two weeks.
    Last edited by TinCow; 03-14-2012 at 15:28.

Hey everyone, I'll be mostly out for day or so and then gone completely until Next Monday night.

If I haven't missed too much in that time I'd like to participate in the tournament when I get back.

Quote Originally Posted by TinCow View Post
    Thanks. Are all of those characters going to be participating?

FYI, I will be out of the country from April 3rd to April 19th. I also highly doubt I will have time on April 1st or 2nd due to the usual chores required prior to a long trip. So, unless you're willing to wait until I get back in late April, I'm only available to run this for the next two weeks.
    I think we should definitely try to get it finished before april.

I believe the participants will be:

Kerecse a Geregye nembol (@The King)

Junior King Bokeny (@phonicsmonkey)

King Pozsony (cecil XIX)

Andras a zah nembol (@Ignoramus)???

Petur az akus nembol (@Quirl)???

Bokony a huntpaznan nembol (@Mithridate)

Demeter az Aba nembol (@Zim)

also, Sam, the squire of Ludolf, a Sicilian, will be participating if given permission.
    I will send you the stats for him if he is given that.

I also greatly encourage everyone to come up with designs for your heraldry, gear, retinue, etc... for the tournament. Having those descriptive details will be great. If you would like to write up some stories, your entrance, things you do outside of events, etc... that would be awesome as well!
    Last edited by Nightbringer; 03-14-2012 at 18:17.

I'm Demeter, actually, unless I lost my character since not being able to play him the last few turns... If I haven't, I wouldn't mind taking a new character if Demeter and his castle were better suited to someone who currently has a copy of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Zim View Post
    I'm Demeter, actually, unless I lost my character since not being able to play him the last few turns... If I haven't, I wouldn't mind taking a new character if Demeter and his castle were better suited to someone who currently has a copy of the game.
    oops, I knew that... :)

Honestly, I really did, I just wasn't paying attention.

The only result of your game problems has been that he has been sulking in Kassa.

Not as bad as Andras though, he is a total hermit now.
    Sitting in a little fort with his bodyguard fro a couple years now.

Sulking and cheating his taxes by not reporting recent recruitment.

First thing I'll have to do when I get MTW2 up and running is backtrack a turn or two and double check income and expenditures for the last few turns...

Can someone please provide me with the bodyguard valor for each of the participants? I would also like screenshots of all the avatar heads, so that I can place them on the combat grid. As the tournament appears to be best as a free-for-all, the initial setup will be with the participants arranged in a ring around the outside of a circular combat grid and as evenly spaced as possible.

There has been a question about whether other events, like jousting and archery, could be included. I would be happy to run such events, but I do not have time to create rules for them. Unless someone else can draw up rules for those contests, the tournament will be a melee only.

Ill fix my two participants, want both Bokony and Hahold to participate

Last edited by Nightbringer; 03-14-2012 at 20:32.

Blog Entries

Gah! I think Kerecse should fight a bit more battles than he have done so far... valor is 0? Or he should just sit in some fort for some time and do nothing like some other characters have done so far. ~

@Nightbringer - Can we use the Tournament threadfor IC conversations?
    Last edited by Ibn-Khaldun; 03-14-2012 at 20:57.

absolutely! I encourage it!

If this is going to run before I leave in April, we need to get a solid schedule going. Does anyone have any issues if the tournament begins on Monday with 24 hour rounds? Please be aware that if we start this before my trip and it continues into April for any reason, I will not be able to continue hosting it until I get back in late April.

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast