Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Lords of the Danube OOC thread

Default Re: Lords of the Danube OOC thread

Ok. Every time I try to play one of these games something happens. So much for my triumphant return..

I recently got my install to work, but now am having trouble with these saves. Just go ahead and count me out. I'm sorry for the inconvenience. Maybe I should just hang my hat on my hotseat past after all. :(

Wandering Metsuke Senior Member Zim's Avatar

Is SS working ok other than trying to access the saves for the rpg?
    V&V RIP Helmut Becker, Duke of Bavaria.

Come to the Throne Room for hotseats and TW rpgs!

Kermit's made a TWS2 guide? Oh, the other frog....

Bureaucratically Efficient Senior Member TinCow's Avatar

As the tournament is now over, I recommend that all participants receive the Tourney Entrant trait. In addition, all but Demeter took two hits during the tournament, so I recommend that all but Demeter receive Marks of War or, if they already have marks of war, scarred. I'm not sure what Demeter should win as the victor, since that's usually a 'prize' of some kind and should be determined by the IC Tournament host. However, I would like to suggest that he receive the Fine Armour ancillary. That grants +4 hps, which is more than the other combatants would receive from the Marks/Scarred trait, plus it sounds nice. Bokeny should probably get some kind of dread trait as well, for intentionally killing a man during a non-lethal tournament.

Thanks very much for running the tournament, @TinCow. It was very fun.

Throne Room Caliph Senior Member phonicsmonkey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zim View Post
    Thanks very much for running the tournament, @TinCow. It was very fun.
    Hear hear! thanks @TinCow!
    frogbeastegg's TWS2 guide....it's here!

Come to the Throne Room to play multiplayer hotseat campaigns and RPGs in M2TW.

Mmmm, Antares is tasty! Senior Member Alien Attack Champion Nightbringer's Avatar

Thank you very much for running it @TinCow, it was great fun! Thanks for the trait recommendations as well, I will likely do all of that! :)
    Moderator of The Throne Room
    “Being a Humanist means trying to behave decently without expectation of rewards or punishment after you are dead.” ― Kurt Vonnegut
    "Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge." ― Mark Twain
    "Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is." ― Oscar Wilde
    “While money can't buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.” ― Groucho Marx

A new suit of armor would be quite cool....

Hey guys, do you think you could decide and let me know what side your characters or their families were on in the war between Saul and Mate? (pozsony and bokeny's fathers)

I figure it would be public IC knowledge and I think it would help me RP to know.

Don't worry, I'm not planning a purge!

Mmmm, Antares is tasty! Senior Member Alien Attack Champion Nightbringer's Avatar

Well, he might be actually, but I say you should provide that info so you better ;)
    “Being a Humanist means trying to behave decently without expectation of rewards or punishment after you are dead.” ― Kurt Vonnegut
    "Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge." ― Mark Twain
    "Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is." ― Oscar Wilde
    “While money can't buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.” ― Groucho Marx

You want us to post it here?

Quote Originally Posted by Zim View Post
    You want us to post it here?
    Yes please

Senior Member Senior Member Ibn-Khaldun's Avatar
    Blog Entries

@Nightbringer - The winner, @Zim, should also receive the entrance fee as I suggested in this post(and I think people agreed with it):

Quote Originally Posted by The King View Post
    I think that is a good idea.

Either phonics or Cecil could call the nobles together. This would be a very good time for a tournament. Since there are not taht many of us then I don't think it will take that long to process the turns in the tournament.

So, I propose that all participants will play 300f entry fee and turns will last 24 hours. The winner would get 75% of that money and 25% will go to the second place. Sounds good?
    And 3000 florins from @phonicsmonkey as per this post:

Quote Originally Posted by phonicsmonkey View Post
    To a fanfare the Junior King ascends the wooden platform in Varad's central square (usually used for hangings) to address the gathered nobles and spectators who have arrived for the tournament.

"Good people of Varad, nobles of the realm, I welcome you to the Grand Tournament!

It seems that our noble King hath been delayed in his approach and in his absence I am honoured to open the proceedings. The tournament entrants will face off in melee in this city square and the last man standing will win the prize of 3000 florins!

The rules have been made clear by our arbiter and I trust each man here will have the honour and chivalry to abide by them.

May the best man win!"

He leaves the platform and retires to prepare for the upcoming combat.
    I also support those traits that TinCow proposed.

And thank you @TinCow for running this tournament!

@Nightbringer - The winner, @Zim, should also receive the entrance fee as I suggested in this post(and I think people agreed with it):

And 3000 florins from @phonicsmonkey as per this post:

I also support those traits that TinCow proposed.

And thank you @TinCow for running this tournament!
    1000 fl was from my character and 2000fl was promised by @Mithridate, that's where I got the 3k from

Blog Entries

In any case.. Zim is a rich man now!

I support all posts saying I should get more traits/rewards.

On the Civil War: Demeter was a strong supporter of Mate, believing him the rightful heir. When he passed in the war Demeter's loyalty was passed to his son Pozsony.

Hope you don't regret supporting those rewards for me now, Phonics.
    Last edited by Zim; 03-31-2012 at 13:30.

Very well done with the tournament! And blast for Zim winning, was sure i had you there xD 1 more ability ftw

Bokeny should get +2 dread imho, one for calling for the duel and one for killing in cold blood and heres some options:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Iron Fisted +1 Dread, +1 Law
    Fierce in Battle +1 Dread, +1 Troop Morale, +1 Command when attacking -1 command when defending

or upgrading current stats
    Cruel and Cunning +2 Dread, ( gives one more dread)
    Lacks Compassion +2 Dread (gives one more dread)

i would go with Fierce in battle and Iron fisted due to how i imagine my character and how/why he did what he did.
    According to me, those where the traits desirable if you just dont bump up the battle or prisoner dread.
    attacking, -1 Command when defending

Now, I hope we will all move to the kings chamber Immediately to lay out our plans and so.

If possible, Bokeny took no ones side in the war and stayed out of it. Not willing to spill fellow hungarian blood at the time, now things may be different.

Edit: I promised 2000 gold to the winner, its fine if that falls under the 75% 25% ruling but i dont think our drooling friend should get the 25%
    I also promised a finely crafted sword, should NH accept to add it. ( im sure ive seen one, could not find it tho )

@Nightbringer
    Last edited by Mithridate; 03-31-2012 at 13:41.

Quote Originally Posted by Mithridate View Post
    Now, I hope we will all move to the kings chamber Immediately to lay out our plans and so.

If possible, Bokeny took no ones side in the war and stayed out of it. Not willing to spill fellow hungarian blood at the time, now things may be different.
    That's fine by me and to some extent makes sense given your family rule a border region and not a core territory of the kingdom.

I assume @The King's character, as a vassal of mine now, would have been on my side in the civil war so that just leaves @Ignoramus to declare one way or the other

And yes, we'll get to our courtroom debate but @Mithridate isn't there something you are forgetting to do first?

And yes, we'll get to our courtroom debate but @Mithridate isn't there something you are forgetting to do first?
    Hmm? No id never forget :)

Blog Entries

That's fine by me and to some extent makes sense given your family rule a border region and not a core territory of the kingdom.

I assume @The King's character, as a vassal of mine now, would have been on my side in the civil war so that just leaves @Ignoramus to declare one way or the other

Well, I have wanted to write a story about Kerecse's earlier life but always something distracts me from it..

Anyway, this is how I see it.

Kerecse and his parents were neutral in the conflict until some soldiers of Pozsony's father came and killed his parents and burned his home estate. After that Kerecse joined Junior King and became very loyal to him. From his statements it should be clear that he did not like Pozsony, although he played no part in Kerecse's parents death, that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Quirl View Post
    Ok. Every time I try to play one of these games something happens. So much for my triumphant return..

I recently got my install to work, but now am having trouble with these saves. Just go ahead and count me out. I'm sorry for the inconvenience. Maybe I should just hang my hat on my hotseat past after all. :(
    @Quirl, I hope you can get it working and don't have to hang up your hat! We want you to stay in the game!

Ah, @Mithridate, you beat me to the threatening gesture by a minute. Ah well, maybe the effect on Ludolf will be doubled.

@Zim mwhaha :)

its a shame we painted us into a corner though, since NH is not online its hard to proceed with discussions

I think Phonics will be out for the night shortly (and may want to kick things off with a speech as the new King) so that just gives us something else to anticipate in the meantime.

Blog Entries

This tournament made me fire up Mount&Blade Warband to try to become a champion in tournaments there.. so far.. no luck..

In single player mode?

Blog Entries

In single player, yes. I can fight against 2-3 opponents but those 4 teams and 8 participant fights are nasty.. I always get overwhelmed there.

This tournament made me fire up Mount&Blade Warband to try to become a champion in tournaments there.. so far.. no luck..
    AWESOME GAME!

(damn you! Got me to fire up Prophesy of Pendor mod of Awesomeness... I got caught by 7 knights almost immediately so now i have some damn fine armor :D )
    With a great start, comes great desire to outdo previous games... you have just cost me a couple days of my life, granted ill have a great time but now im all hyped bout PoP 4 again!

It does get really tough at times. I stand a good chance of winning a tournament as long as it doesn't include horse archery (*shudder*).

I end up spending some of the big fights staying out of the way until the field thins. Not very heroic.

In single player, yes. I can fight against 2-3 opponents but those 4 teams and 8 participant fights are nasty.. I always get overwhelmed there.

keep in mind you can still give orders in tournaments, this gives you very good odds onthe large melees...

But for those when you spawn between two huge teams... sorry ur kinda screwed^^

Blog Entries

With horse archer tournaments(like in the Khergit lands) I try to keep myself moving all the time, keep myself out of the fight and if there is an opportunity then attack someone from behind. The trick is to stay on their right side since they can't shoot that way.
    When I am on foot I also try to stay out of the fight if possible but it is really hard with multiple large teams. For some reason so far I always have ended up in weak teams..
    And I know I can control my team in tournament but I am usually too busy trying to stay alive and commanding someone is the last on my mind..
    I remember an old character who had a good athletics skill and in a tournament it ended up me running away from a group of angry Nords.. It really must have been looked like an episode from Benny Hill Show..
    If there is one city I really hate (tournament wise) then it is Praven.. Only lances!!

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast