Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Lords of the Danube OOC thread

Default Re: Lords of the Danube OOC thread

Lances are awesome, just couch them and you cant be stopped!
    Easy early money and renown imho^^ But Nord tournaments are nasty!

In khergit... yea, behind on the right is key. I like archery tho so i usually dismount for quick sniping.
    Also, i always order my men to dismount for way better aim and to move together.

Always best to hold your own back five to ten seconds letting the enemy connect before your united front does :)

Senior Member Senior Member Ibn-Khaldun's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I hate the Lance tournaments when it's 1v1 fight. At least it takes for me about 5 minute careful planning and maneuvering until I can get my lucky charge.. and if I miss it then it all starts again..

I can see we have plenty of M&B player here!

wanna know how to beat them 19 times out of 20? :)

Lance vs Lance @The King

Blog Entries

Sure!

Quote Originally Posted by The King View Post
    Sure!
    kite his horse down from beneath him by riding in a circle. Slow down and time it so he charges and misses narrowly, then immediately turn around and charge towards him as he turns. Poke his horse to death, prefrably by the head. Repeat untill horse is dead then couch the near harmless beggar down. You will get the hang of it quickly^^

Phone post out!
    Last edited by Mithridate; 03-31-2012 at 19:15.

Wandering Metsuke Senior Member Zim's Avatar

Ha. I always feel bad when I accidentally take out their horse. Unlike the humans they didn't sign up to be beat with a wooden lance/sword/etc.

I can see we have plenty of M&B player here!
    M&B is quite big at the .Org, in part thanks to Crazed Rabbit's efforts. That giant M&B thread of his in the Arena was even mentioned in the game credits, I think.
    V&V RIP Helmut Becker, Duke of Bavaria.

Come to the Throne Room for hotseats and TW rpgs!

Kermit's made a TWS2 guide? Oh, the other frog....

Mmmm, Antares is tasty! Senior Member Alien Attack Champion Nightbringer's Avatar

sorry about the delay everyone, I have been a bit busy. I should get things updated tomorrow and hopefully give you guys a save then as well. In the meantime, I think orienting to a new king will keep you busy. Oh, and pozsony's avatar is going to be busy running off to a suicide ship, so please don't interfere with him for the time being.
    Moderator of The Throne Room
    “Being a Humanist means trying to behave decently without expectation of rewards or punishment after you are dead.” ― Kurt Vonnegut
    "Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge." ― Mark Twain
    "Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is." ― Oscar Wilde
    “While money can't buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.” ― Groucho Marx

Did he no longer wish to play?

Throne Room Caliph Senior Member phonicsmonkey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mithridate View Post
    Did he no longer wish to play?
    Yeah, he had to drop the game for RL issues.

Plus he got murdered by Cumans, which was difficult for him.

By the way Mithri I had no idea Baia had been given to you already - even the GM didn't know (I asked him beforehand)!
    frogbeastegg's TWS2 guide....it's here!

Come to the Throne Room to play multiplayer hotseat campaigns and RPGs in M2TW.

Pff, story thread post 12 :) When the king arrives in Baia

"Lord Bokony, you are hereby appointed as Lord of Bessarabia. You charged with the defense of these lands and the maintenance of law and order within them. In addition, you are appointed Master of the Treasury, and given the power to negotiate with foreign powers in the name of the King. I expect you to discharge these duties faithfully, and well."

now, GIEF HALYCH!!! :D

Quote Originally Posted by Mithridate View Post
    Pff, story thread post 12 :) When the king arrives in Baia

"Lord Bokony, you are hereby appointed as Lord of Bessarabia. You charged with the defense of these lands and the maintenance of law and order within them. In addition, you are appointed Master of the Treasury, and given the power to negotiate with foreign powers in the name of the King. I expect you to discharge these duties faithfully, and well."

now, GIEF HALYCH!!! :D
    Ah, sorry I missed that.. Anyway it wouldn't have made a difference to Bokeny's decisions. Sometimes the King gives you the settlements you capture, sometimes he doesn't. Sometimes he gets killed by cumans and you have to deal with the new guy instead.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nightbringer View Post
    sorry about the delay everyone, I have been a bit busy. I should get things updated tomorrow and hopefully give you guys a save then as well. In the meantime, I think orienting to a new king will keep you busy. Oh, and pozsony's avatar is going to be busy running off to a suicide ship, so please don't interfere with him for the time being.
    You don't need ship for that. In M2TW you can easily get rid off unwanted avatars. Just find one of these landbridges. Teleport your avatar next to it and order him to cross it. When he is in the middle of it(on the sea tile) just press Backspace and order him to stop. He will then drown.

Straits of Bosphorus were very dangerous in LotR. Many avatars met their end there ..

You don't need ship for that. In M2TW you can easily get rid off unwanted avatars. Just find one of these landbridges. Teleport your avatar next to it and order him to cross it. When he is in the middle of it(on the sea tile) just press Backspace and order him to stop. He will then drown.

Straits of Bosphorus were very dangerous in LotR. Many avatars met their end there ..
    Irritatingly there are no land bridges in SS 6.4! I should know as I tried to kill off the Teutonic order in one of the hotseats.

Blog Entries

I never noticed that!

In that case things will be a bit more difficult..

There is always an option to teleport an avatar to another side of the map and let him attack some large rebel force. Since there are no friendly provinces around the avatar will die.

Mmmm, Antares is tasty! Senior Member Alien Attack Champion Nightbringer's Avatar

I never noticed that!

In that case things will be a bit more difficult..

There is always an option to teleport an avatar to another side of the map and let him attack some large rebel force. Since there are no friendly provinces around the avatar will die.
    The other problem is that I have been having a lot of trouble getting the console to recognize some of the hungarian names, the king's included, so teleporting isn't an option.

Also, I think the save will have to wait till tomorrow at least.
    “Being a Humanist means trying to behave decently without expectation of rewards or punishment after you are dead.” ― Kurt Vonnegut
    "Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge." ― Mark Twain
    "Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is." ― Oscar Wilde
    “While money can't buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.” ― Groucho Marx

The other problem is that I have been having a lot of trouble getting the console to recognize some of the hungarian names, the king's included, so teleporting isn't an option.

Also, I think the save will have to wait till tomorrow at least.
    he probably had a name before he became the king, which it is now impossible to discover...

I have updated the first post of the OOC thread for new titles, holdings, etc... please let me know if anything is in error.

Blog Entries

Btw, who is the heir now? In-game I mean.

Btw, who is the heir now? In-game I mean.
    Junior King Bese is the heir - the game has made him a character even though he is not of age (only 14) - he is available for a new player

There's another guy too, at Brasov.

@Nightbringer, do Mithri and I get those two to control?

Gah, so many! Yes, I guess you do. :)

@Theking, in case it wasn't clear, with Zagreb you get the garrison and also the troops in the two nearby forts. Enjoy!

Wandering Metsuke Senior Member Zim's Avatar

Hey @phonicsmonkey and @Mithridate , I was informed earlier that for Demeter to get the tournament winnings the donators should include the losses in their report for next turn. Don't forget (accidentally at least, it's quite another thing if your character decided he doesn't want to give him the money. ).
    V&V RIP Helmut Becker, Duke of Bavaria.

Come to the Throne Room for hotseats and TW rpgs!

Kermit's made a TWS2 guide? Oh, the other frog....

Oops I forgot. @Nightbringer could you please give Demeter 1k from my stash?

ok :)

Blog Entries

@Nightbringer - Did you retracted that 300 florin entry fee from all the players who participated in the tournament?

I forgot that!

Also, i promised 2000 to the winner as well.

everyone should also deduct the 300 from for their entry fee. :) A new turn should be up some time today.

Hurry, I expect a big battle with lots of roleplay!

@Nightbringer

@The King,
    I realized I never got a financial report from you for this turn. Could you send me one before you play your next turn.

Blog Entries

@The King,
    I realized I never got a financial report from you for this turn. Could you send me one before you play your next turn.
    Oh, sry, this is something new to me(sending financial reports). I must have forgot it.

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast