Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Elemental: Fallen Enchantress Beta

Default Re: Elemental: Fallen Enchantress Beta

Quote Originally Posted by Xiahou View Post
    You didn't get FE for free?

If you bought Elemental any time in 2010, you get Fallen Enchantress for free....
    If you bought Elemental even earlier, like I did, you'll get Legendary Heroes for free too.

Elemental wasn't a very good game, but they've more than made up for it with giveaways, imo. My early purchase has turned out to be a pretty good investment.
    I bought it after the cut off date, didn't really look at the reviews for it but remembered the advertising hype. I think was some sale back in jan or feb of 2011
    Tho' I've belted you an' flayed you,
    By the livin' Gawd that made you,
    You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din!
    Quote Originally Posted by North Korea
    It is our military's traditional response to quell provocative actions with a merciless thunderbolt.

The very model of a modern Moderator Xiahou's Avatar

Ah well, that is unfortunate then. You still might be eligible for an upgrade discount if you check here.

But, I'd feel pretty jilted too had I bought Elemental and been ineligible for the free Fallen Enchantress game....
    "Don't believe everything you read online."
    -Abraham Lincoln

Infinite Jest Member easytarget's Avatar

What's the word on this one then? Worth picking up on sale? I've got it on steam watchlist. Just wondering from first hand experience how it's turned out...

Btw, read somewhere they are already close to releasing a standalone expansion if I recall correctly. Can't remember where I read that.

Boy's Guard Senior Member LeftEyeNine's Avatar

Hrm, from what I've experienced, this is a fantasy Civilization spinoff with badly moderated map graphics.

Whole thing becomes a mess once borders expand onto each other and armies wander all around.

Took away my 3 hours in the blink of an eye due its Civ-ishness though.

Infinite Jest Member easytarget's Avatar

Thanks for the reply, I read some reviews and watched some vid yesterday and came to the conclusion it was indeed too much of a mess to bother with.

Just my opinion of course, but my take on stardock: poor man's valve. They came up with a weak imitation of steam for digital disti, a weak 4x imitation of MOO2, and a weak fantasy take on civ. Guess they run fat margins selling people the ability to customize windows, I'm not feeling it in their game design.
    Last edited by easytarget; 03-01-2013 at 02:10.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12