Thread: HRTW map: Regions and settlements research, discussion and implementation

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default HRTW map: Regions and settlements (please Sticky)

Hello to everyone:
    I'm starting this whole new thread having settled the map HRTW will be using.
    First of all, for the ones that doesn't know it here it is:

Now, i know there's still much work left to be discussed (factions are not yet completed) and so on, however there are factions that won't be changing at all and i'll like to start working on those faction's settlements and regions.

So the next part of this post goes to the research team of this mod; it is a guide on how to post a research about a given region so that we all can have accurate information and it's corresponding sources. Having said that i'll explain how i think a good region and settlement should be posted here:

Example:
    1.- Region: Rremember to post the name in English form, it is a valid option too to post names in Latin since most actual "english" names derivate from it)
    2.- Settlement: Same as above
    *Port (if it is a coastal region with port): City equivalent (we can't name ports but we need to know why are we giving port to a determined region)
    3.- Faction owner (if any)
    4.- Rebel garrison (name)

Brief description and/or history for the region, settlement and port. Keep in mind that we don't need 40 lines of text to decide a region or settlement, 4 to 5 lines MAXIMUM should be enough space to post why a region and it's settlement were important in antiquity. Please follow this guidelines, even if let's say Italy gets a 15 suggested regions we can vote at the end wich regions make it or not into the final version of the map. Remeber to use SPOILERS to avoid never ending posts.

Now, for a complete research regarding this area it is important that you not only copy and paste info form here and there, you need to actually reseach the region's ancient boundaries and location of it's settlement. All suggestions for R&S that doesn't have an aproximate boundaries reference are most likely to not be considered.

As historians and researchers it will be your job to provide as much info as possible so that i can implement it in-game. So any images provided will be much appreciated as well. Here's and example:

1.- Liguria
    2.- Genua
    * Vada Sabatia

Description:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    I don't have any at the moment :P
    - Resources: Region's most valuable resources (doesn't matter if they don't exist in RTW) you NEED to provide this info too.

Limits reference: In this case made by me
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Bibliography (if avaible in the internet, if not at least name the book or page you're refering to:
    http://www.gutenberg.org/files/17124...tentrionis.jpg

So, i think this should help out to start the reseach work so far for:
    - italian Peninsula
    - North Africa (prior to roman domination)

Happy research!

PS: I'll update the main post once a region is researched so that we have a "pool" of the avaible regions and disscuss if any should be kept or left aside.
    Last edited by Ave_Oz; 01-19-2012 at 17:14.