Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Faction #1 The Roman Republic

Default Re: Faction #1 The Roman Republic

Quote Originally Posted by TwoKnives View Post
    However ins't the one-temple-per-city law hardcoded?
    It is. You can only build one building with the Tempel feature. That doesn´t mean you can´t remove said feature for the shrines, but keep it for the higher leveled temples.

I say we still get rid of Urbans.. they are nothing but extra space in my mind

I say we still get rid of Urbans.. they are nothing but extra space in my mind

Ok.OUr mod is call historical total war mod....Why would we need to get rid of a unit that historicaly existed and acted like police guarding the towns and insted we put townwatch ?...

Like them or not the fact is that they existed at our time period and they were watching over the towns,as I said and TwoKnives before me acting like police...So think about what you are going to do as you are in my mind going in the wrong way....

Hameleona can make that unit and then I can retexture it a bit.

Member Member Lord President of Gallifrey's Avatar
    The High Council of the Timelords, Citadel of the Time Lords, Gallifrey, Constellation of Kasterborus.

Quote Originally Posted by Asgaroth View Post
    Ok.OUr mod is call historical total war mod....Why would we need to get rid of a unit that historicaly existed and acted like police guarding the towns and insted we put townwatch ?...

Like them or not the fact is that they existed at our time period and they were watching over the towns,as I said and TwoKnives before me acting like police...So think about what you are going to do as you are in my mind going in the wrong way....

Hameleona can make that unit and then I can retexture it a bit.
    According to Ahowl in the "This is a Vanilla Mod" thread, we will not have Imperial Units
    The start date will be at 280 BC and the end date will be 30 BC

Quote Originally Posted by Lord President of Gallifrey View Post
    According to Ahowl in the "This is a Vanilla Mod" thread, we will not have Imperial Units
    Didn´t the empire start with Caesar? 30 bc is 70 years later? Why don´t you have Imperial Units?

Why have Town Watch and Urbans? Why is it such a big deal? Why am I criticized for everything I say? If you guys want urbans fine.

Why have Town Watch and Urbans? Why is it such a big deal? Why am I criticized for everything I say? If you guys want urbans fine.
    I am not criticizing you or I ever did....I just thought that we can switch the urbans for townwatch after the Marian reforms,that is all,that was just my idea...I am sorry if I said something wrong that made you or anybody else mad...I won't say anything again and I am deeply sorry.

Im not mad, it just seems like everyone disagrees with me about everything. Town Watch is for the marian reforms. They will not be around in the camillan or polybian

Nah, it's normal. History is like a book - every one that reads it has it in his own way ;)
    I two agree that Town Watch = Urban Cohorts. For now. And we can always add them, so everybody, please come down.

Ahowl, i do have some notes, tho... not criticism, just some term fixing:

AOR (No Matter what Region)
    Archers
    Funditores (Slingers)

AOR (No matter what Region
    Light Auxilia
    Archer Auxilia
    Auxilia
    Cavalry Auxilia

By AOR you mean local troops (gallic infatry, slingers etc. as an example) or just generic as in vanilla? Cuz... they are not really AOR if they are generic and there is no need of AOR units for the romans at all ;)

Also i suggest removing Saturn and adding Vesta as a temple. Romans strongly need Public Order buildings, and removing a PO temple from their options is going to make the game near-impossible in the late phases (itally will be thorn apart by rebellions cuz of the high population).

What I mean by those units is this. They were not Roman troops but auxilary troops that always were part of the army. And I mean generic, but I don't believe they should be recruited in a roman barracks but instead maybe an Auxilary barracks?

Why even bother? Honestly, we can not represent the unit recruitment good, and we all know it. I think ether we leave it vanilla, or we make appropriate auxiliary troops from the other faction-roosters (the so-called extraordinarii units). It's your decision - i'm just brainstorming. ;)

i know. we all are. well i guess we add the auxilary units to the actual roster. thats not bad

Quote Originally Posted by ahowl11 View Post
    Hej, I didn´t criticize you. There is no need to take it personal, I simply asked a historical question. I don´t know that much about history :(
    This is always the bad part of teamwork - everyone has a different opinion, and just knows his idea is the only right thing to do - and acts accordingly.
    Last edited by Magneto; 02-06-2012 at 07:18.

Sorry for getting upset everybody. I just want the best for this mod

I never said I wanted Urbans. I thought you guys did, I couldn't care less for the unit I hate the most in MP, I was just pointing out my info on them . However ahowl, what do you think about my idea on the names of the auxiliaries?

Also for the auxiliary units, don't you think that the names ; Auxiliary Cavalry, Auxiliary Light Infantry, Auxiliary Archers are better than Cavalry Auxilia, Light Auxilia, Archer Auxilia?

It doesn't make a difference to me really, I mean they are the same just worded differently. I would be fine either way

Nothing in the past few days, I have been busy as I'm sure you all have as well. We are finished with brainstorming now so we need to get to work.
    Here is the schedule for the mod:
    1. Get map from Ozman (I believe it currently has the cities in Italy and thats it)
    2. Each of us download map and make the same mod folder.
    3. We need to make sure the Romans own Rome, Capua, and Arretium
    4. We all need to have the necessary models and textures for ALL of the Roman Units
    5. Magneto needs to implement all the necessary units and then upload the files for us to test them.
    6. We need to figure out how to include the Polybian Reform (I have posted it earlier in this thread on how to do it)
    7. We set up the necessary AOR system for Rome.
    8. We set up the temples and family tree for Rome.
    9. We implement the banners/logos for Rome.
    10. We test and correct any mistakes

I will try and get Lanjane to get the UI's done for hameleona's units

Let's get to work guys!

Good then, is the map done?

should be. ozman needs to post it though

5. Magneto needs to implement all the necessary units and then upload the files for us to test them.
    6. We need to figure out how to include the Polybian Reform (I have posted it earlier in this thread on how to do it)

I will try and get Lanjane to get the UI's done for hameleona's units
    1. Does anyone have the descriptions of the early Hastati? I know far too less about them to make them. I could just copy and paste them and replace Hastati with early Hastati (same for the other units)
    2. You wanted to make the polybian reform with the later ones only buildable in higher tier barracks, right?

Lord President of Gallifrey could probably make a description..
    And what do you mean?

And what do you mean?
    Well, I am not sure if I understood you:
    How are the polybian reforms going to work? You have posted it somewhere, but I don´t know what you mean. Do we make the later units recruitable with a more advanced barrack or what?

That's a pretty easy one. Here's part of our script. I recommend just changing some of the names for your own use. I can't remember if this has been tested, though...

Code:

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    ; 6.0 --Reforms-- ;
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    ;;; 6A - Roman Reforms ;;;
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

;Roman Reforms:
    ;Roman_Reforms 0 = Camillan
    ;Roman_Reforms 1 = Polybian
    ;Roman_Reforms 2 = Marian
    ;Roman_Reforms 3 = They're done.

declare_counter Roman_Reforms

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    ;;; Polybian Reforms ;;;
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

declare_counter PolybianCondition

monitor_event FactionTurnEnd FactionType romans_julii
    and I_TurnNumber > 99

; Player gets the reforms after 200 B.C. regardless.
    if I_TurnNumber > 239
    and I_LocalFaction romans_julii
    set_counter Roman_Reforms 1
    set_counter PolybianReformsMessage 1
    terminate_monitor
    end_if

; AI reforms automatically after 238BC
    if I_TurnNumber > 168
    and not I_LocalFaction romans_julii
    terminate_monitor
    end_if

; Player-triggered reforms
    if I_SettlementOwner Mediolanium = romans_julii
    inc_counter PolybianCondition 1
    end_if

if I_SettlementOwner Patavium = romans_julii
    end_if

if I_SettlementOwner Bononia = romans_julii
    end_if

if I_SettlementOwner Iuvavum = romans_julii
    end_if

if I_SettlementOwner Moudon = romans_julii
    end_if

if I_SettlementOwner Lugdunum = romans_julii
    end_if

if I_SettlementOwner Narbo_Martius = romans_julii
    end_if

if I_SettlementOwner Toletum = romans_julii
    end_if

if I_SettlementOwner Numantia = romans_julii
    end_if

if I_SettlementOwner Caesada = romans_julii
    end_if

if I_SettlementOwner Obila = romans_julii
    end_if

;Check if Reforms Conditions are met
    if I_CompareCounter PolybianCondition > 3
    console_command create_building Rome "Polybian_Gov"
    set_counter PolybianReformsMessage 1
    terminate_monitor
    end_if

;Reset Counters
    set_counter PolybianCondition 0

;Cleanup
    if I_CompareCounter Roman_Reforms = 2
    terminate_monitor
    end_if

;Cleanup
    if I_CompareCounter Roman_Reforms = 3
    terminate_monitor
    end_if

end_monitor
    Posted by Quinn Inuit the leader of Extended Realism a submod for RTR Platinum
    Last edited by ahowl11; 02-09-2012 at 19:52.

Quote Originally Posted by TwoKnives View Post
    Good then, is the map done?
    No

should be. ozman needs to post it though
    Should not

How long before it is ready?

How long before it is ready?
    Long enough. You don't need to worry about it, the abscence of the map atm would not interfere with the developement of the mod, so let's resume to work

I've updated the thread of map progress, for anyone interested. Feedback is welcomed
    Last edited by Ave_Oz; 02-11-2012 at 06:20.

For everyone interested:

This files have the new roman units implented and the dogs, pigs and urban cohorts removed. You can´t recruit the new units in campaign, tough.
    Just copy it in your data folder.
    http://www.mediafire.com/?k6yt8r0aqhxrtui
    Its likely that I forgot something or implented something wrong, so post it if you find a mistake.

To the recruitment:

Many players didn´t like the marian reforms because it rendered all the experienced old troops useless. If we include a second reform in this short timeframe, the average player wouldn´t like it.

The reforms also didn´t happen so fast - historically it was a long process. So this is what I propose (it was already proposed earlier in this thread, but well):

On the lowest (second lowest) barrack you can recruit the camillan units. The higher ones can recruit the "newer" units, i.e. those we already have in Vanilla. They are stronger than the camillan units, but have nearly the same costs. The player will still be able to retrain his old units in a few units, but he won´t recruit them anymore, so after a certain time it is likely that the old ones are vanished. But it would simulate the slow reforming of the army.

Just my 2 cents.

If we use the reform script, we will have the famous right-click ctd, btw. But it is quite easy to implent.
    Last edited by Magneto; 02-12-2012 at 10:30.

I like your idea Primo.It is symple and good for gameplay.

I like it as well, being able to still retrain the units is nice

Great idea Primo ! I like it a lot !

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast